Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Toast or never? Vote.

Toaster Boy
- 15 (34.9%)
The Nevermind
- 28 (65.1%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: August 04, 2007, 07:03:27 am

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toaster Boy vs The Nevermind (Flood: August 3rd)  (Read 10483 times)

Re: Toaster Boy vs The Nevermind (Flood: August ...
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 07:33:48 pm »
  • [sic]
..inspiration struck.

I feel sad deep inside.

It's one thing if I win because of better art, but it's another if he wins because he is a well-known member doing "funny" stuff. Get reasons for him to win, surely, Kame, but don't spread the sand to my eyes.
Er.. calm down, man. I didn't see you bitching about Domo's amazing picture of CA eating children.

But if you really want some reasons.. I like Toaster Boy because he's quite simple, totally stupid, and honestly, I prefer his art - but mostly great marketing. His tagline is hilarious and the song on mysapce is ingenious. Your guy was cool, just a little boring. (much like my character.. which is why I lost)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 07:39:03 pm by Kame »
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 07:42:59 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
The nevermind. It's a very good character.
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2007, 08:01:48 pm »
  • Never try, never fly
What picture? Who's CA? What's children?
Yeah, I'm calm. Should've put a smiley somewhere in there, but yeah. You just have to believe me, I guess. :P
Indeed, I might be boring. Realistically boring. But I brought the background of The Nevermind to certain heights, still being unnatural, but better described than the usual way of getting super powers (lollerskates at toxic waste).

I voted Hammerfecken, for your interest, but I guess that doesn't matter here. Just describes what I favor in a perfect character.
  • My DeviantArt
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 08:22:19 pm »
  • [sic]
What picture? Who's CA? What's children?
Yeah, I'm calm. Should've put a smiley somewhere in there, but yeah. You just have to believe me, I guess. :P
Indeed, I might be boring. Realistically boring. But I brought the background of The Nevermind to certain heights, still being unnatural, but better described than the usual way of getting super powers (lollerskates at toxic waste).

I voted Hammerfecken, for your interest, but I guess that doesn't matter here. Just describes what I favor in a perfect character.
http://www.zfgc.com/index.php?topic=19011.msg205582#msg205582

And I like your guy, I voted him in his last match, I just prefer Toaster Boy because I found your story, like mine, to be too involved. But thanks for the vote. :P

EDIT: I guess I should say the picture's not supposed to be an attack on you in any way since it seems you took it to be. Just Toaster Boy was losing and I felt like drawing something.
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2007, 08:22:33 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
I understand that with these characters come emotions, since effort and quite some time were put into them.. but creators, please, don't let it take over your senses. This is not the place to put up a fight.

Pyru, I watched Matrix: Revolutions yesterday.. and besides the great special effects there was a great message stuck in the movie.. "Everything that has a beginning has an end". So do success stories of characters at ZFGC competitions. Out of 26 characters, only 1 will make it to the very end.. the chance yours is one of them is therefore less than 4%. Please try to understand that not everyone can appreciate jokes like "this guy nails toasters". I have to admit though, that Pokemon trainer card of Toaster Boy was pretty funny nonetheless.

And Corniune, please don't be overly dramatic about this match. Either Toaster Boy or The Nevermind will be victorious, but that doesn't instantly mean that the Competition is actually a popularity poll or an art contest.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 08:30:43 pm »
  • Never try, never fly
I gave people the wrong impression, I guess. :P

But yeah, I'm happy to get this far. I might as well have failed against Minish the Mouse, since I won with only two votes.
  • My DeviantArt
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2007, 08:32:42 pm »
  • [sic]
No way. Nevermind >>>>> Minish.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2007, 08:33:41 pm »
  • hungry..
I gave people the wrong impression, I guess. :P

But yeah, I'm happy to get this far. I might as well have failed against Minish the Mouse, since I won with only two votes.
Yeah, can't believe that it was that close.. minish was pretty awful (no offence to the creator of course)
  • My Blog
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2007, 08:34:12 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Don't worry. You'll get through this round too :P
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2007, 08:36:35 pm »
  • [sic]
Oh, and I think it's awesome if people get all into this competition. I never would've thought I'd be near interested enough to actually make a drawing like that.
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007, 08:51:06 pm »
  • Never try, never fly
Minish was great, in my opinion. I even pm:ed TanukiMario to ask him if he were to develop the character further even though he lost. :)
And Toaster Boy's actually good as well; I can see people voting for him, definitely.
Oh, and I think it's awesome if people get all into this competition. I never would've thought I'd be near interested enough to actually make a drawing like that.
I made my most simple kind of drawing (black outlines and two colours per space.), though, then focused on the storyline. :P
This is more advanced, for example: http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/4030/zapatosreffw7.jpg
Though the pose is quite odd... o_o
  • My DeviantArt
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2007, 09:07:07 pm »
  • *whistle*
Pyru, I watched Matrix: Revolutions yesterday.. and besides the great special effects there was a great message stuck in the movie.. "Everything that has a beginning has an end". So do success stories of characters at ZFGC competitions. Out of 26 characters, only 1 will make it to the very end.. the chance yours is one of them is therefore less than 4%. Please try to understand that not everyone can appreciate jokes like "this guy nails toasters". I have to admit though, that Pokemon trainer card of Toaster Boy was pretty funny nonetheless.

Lol, Toaster Boy has only existed to make people laugh. It's great to hear I still managed to find a way to amuse you with him...

The Character Compo has only ever been a secondary thing with him. Of course, it'd be great if he could get to the end or win, but it's never really been my objective with him.

Even if Toaster Boy loses this round, I fully intend to finish the Toaster Boy EP, though it would be super helpful if Halu actually showed up on MSN sometime, or I could find someone else to make a drum beat (MIDI or otherwise) for the Toaster Boy songs.
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2007, 04:46:38 am »
  • [sic]
... who am I kidding? The real guy that Toaster Boy's based on would throw bricks at him. <__<
You actually know someone who fucks toasters?

...think I could have his number? <_< >_>
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2007, 07:02:01 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Done and over! The Nevermind takes the win. Congratulations!

This one is yours now:
My name is Pitt
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 67 queries.

anything