Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Eric, the Eligible Bachelor, and his suitors  (Read 3435 times)

[Submission] Eric, the Eligible Bachelor, and hi...
« on: July 14, 2015, 01:26:06 am »
  • It's just Max.
Name: Eric
Race: Handsome Devil
Location: Hyrule Terrace, hangs out at the bistro and such. Sometimes buys food at Kale's grocery.

Eric is an eligible bachelor with PLENTY of takers. Like three. He has a huge ego and always talks about himself like he's the most interesting man on earth, bragging about "this time I sailed my yacht to Holodrum just to try a cake I heard was pretty good," that kind of thing. He's a total airhead and misquotes common sayings. "The early bird gets the germs you know. That's why I sleep in. I wash my hands too. Just to be sure." Basically, he just loves attention.

Name: Elanor
Race: Hylian

Elanor is a pretty down-to-earth girl. She's not that into Eric because he's so airheaded and superficial, but she goes on dates with him because he buys her really nice meals. She's a little torn about it because she thinks it's kind of immoral. But he's SO RICH, you know?

Name: Raquelle

Raquelle is the opposite of Elanor. She's from a wealthy family and thinks Eric's extravagant spending is totally normal. "He only bought be THREE giant teddy bears for my birthday. I'm not sure if he's that into me..." She's mainly into him because she totally buys all his dumb stories and thinks he's as smart and interesting as he does.

Name: Tyler

"You know, I don't think he swings this way but it's worth a shot!" Hey, if he took you on a date, more power to ya. Not exactly sure if Eric noticed that Tyler isn't a girl because Eric mostly talks about himself, but they do make a cute couple.

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
Re: [Submission] Eric, the Eligible Bachelor, an...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 04:37:21 pm »
  • I can think of many things for anything.
This could be a comic relief character group, but other than that I'm not sure what all they could bring to the table. Considering two of them are rich, it could be a potentially interesting scenario for Link to end up sneaking into one or both of their residences in search of something to steal. Could potentially be that one of Eric's far blown stories about some rare item he found was actually true, and that said item was a legendary artifact or something that Link could use in his quest.
Need someone to grammar check your game? Message me.

Team Project:
Mythos: Shadow of Liimina- http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39897.0
SoL Sprite Thread: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 08:40:20 pm »
  • It's just Max.
This could be a comic relief character group, but other than that I'm not sure what all they could bring to the table.

Basically, that is all they bring to the table, but I don't know if we want every singly character to be entangled in sidequests and relevance to the plot. In just about every Zelda game I can think of, there's plenty of townsfolk that are there just because they live in the town, they don't necessarily have to be involved in a quest. I actually think we're doing quite a lot more character development for basically irrelevant NPCs than Nintendo did for Minish Cap or Link to the Past.

Anyway, having an outlandish story of this dude's be true and having that item available to steal would be awesome. Any ideas what ancient artifact that could be?
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 09:52:10 pm »
  • Just call me Brad

I actually think we're doing quite a lot more character development for basically irrelevant NPCs than Nintendo did for Minish Cap or Link to the Past.
[/quote]
I think that this will give the game more life since every character has a backstory and are not filler characters. But we could do like in Twilight Princess where there is lots of people in the town square running about or talking, and you can talk to certain people that might give you a clue to a side or something.

If characters have a backstory, we should then tell the player somehow ingame, even if its brief. Like "I heard this kid got his head flipped when thrown to this giant deku!"

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.343 seconds with 45 queries.

anything