Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The Project Zelda Engine (aka Zelda Starter Kit)! [with Screenshots & video!]  (Read 116678 times)

Re: The Project Zelda Engine (aka Zelda Starter ...
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2012, 06:22:22 pm »
Hello! We have been working those days to improve and finish the ''Got Item!'' messages that are displayed when Link obtains a new item or weapon.

Our team is happy to announce that the Project Zelda Engine can play animations on the message text boxes!

You set a message to play an animation for that weapon you just found in a treasure chest.
The weapon and/or the light in the background can be animated, in the style of the Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker game and newer Zelda titles!

The animations in message boxes are optional and can be set at will. You can have them to display only important items or all the items, including trading items, rupees, dungeon keys, and more.

However this feature have a limitation: only 3 frames can be played for every item's animation. This limit cannot be increased and this means that you may not have high expectations for playing long animations in textboxes.

The files for the animations are stored in the Pictures Folder of Project Zelda Engine and e that can have the animations for up to 4 weapons/iteps per file. Each weapon/item has its own row of animation, which is independent from other weapons in that file. The Engine reads the animations from top to bottom, in an animation loop.

Enjoy! Soon we will post up the news about the new, improved Map Slide feature of Project Zelda Engine.

Credits for the idea go to MetalZelda, a member of the community, and the credits for the support of a such feature go to Hermes Advanced Message System by Derula.
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!
The official website here: projectzeldaengine.freeforums.net
Download it here: www.rpgrevolution.com
Download it here: www.rmrk.net
Download it here: www.rmxpunlimited.net
Download it here: www.creationasylum.net
Download it here: www.zfgc.com

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2012, 07:08:41 pm »
  • You can find me on Deviantart to! :D
<3 the project Zelda engine!
I joined for the sake of an engine i saw on the forum, it got me quite excited to see it in use! I had found this forum some while before that, but it is only now that i see the pure awesomeness of it! XD

I cant wait to see some fanmade zelda games, nevertheless support the ones who program them :D I sure can cheer people up!

My profile picture is Tonae, a character from my fanfic. She is a sheikah, who are teamed up with Link against her will to restore the balance of time. She is named after my aunts username in Guildwars 2. They have a guild called Hellfire bunnies.

Heres my Deviantart: http://arceusrules98.deviantart.com/

Wiki page:http://wiki.zfgc.com/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Time_Collapse
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2012, 07:55:02 pm »
Yes, yes i mean the icon :P But lol anyway. I think i could want a bit advanced time system where people do different things every day of the week, month and the moon phases has some influence. Can i somehow set how long a day is? And i think i should use the season system of Pokemon white and black, if seasons are in, But i havent seen a video of it so i doubt it. Its not that necesarry anyway. I suspect that time perhaps does not flow in cities and towns. Or does it?

I suspect that you haven't played PZE at all, did you-qm- You ask way too many answers that could have been answered already if you just tried yourself the engine. :(

This is the last time I will answer your questions. I will refuse to answer more questions by people who don't read the first page or check the video, or play the game.

Yes, yes i mean the icon :P But lol anyway. I think i could want a bit advanced time system where people do different things every day of the week, month and the moon phases has some influence. I suspect that time perhaps does not flow in cities and towns. Or does it
PZE features the Clock Town from the LoZ: Majora's Mask title. The NPCs in Clock Town have different shedules in the 3-days time span. You did not have checked the video in the first page of this thread. Link tests his weapons in South Clock Town. You can see that the time pass in the town, by the animation on the HUD's clock.

Can i somehow set how long a day is?
Yes.

And i think i should use the season system of Pokemon white and black, if seasons are in, But i havent seen a video of it so i doubt it.
You didn't play the engine ;( Neither did you see the video in the first page. The Youtube video clearly shows you the 4 seasons of the year in Kakariko Village, and how the change occurs, with the use of the Rod of Seasons from Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons.

So it is better that, instead of venturing in the last pages of the Thread and make hypothesis, that you check the first page's video which shoes you all the features, including both time and seasons. Thats what at least other people do. ^_^

After you check the video and or play the game, I will be glad to answer any questions. Have a nice day.  :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:59:28 pm by SilentResident »
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2012, 03:54:35 pm »

Excellent news.

The Project Zelda Engine Developing team is reborn from its ashes and now it has 3 scripters!
2 new scripters joined today our team and we all together may greatly accelerate the development of our great engine!

The new PZE Developing Team members are:
-Gameface
-Mr. Wiggles

Have a nice day and I hope the happy news will re-ignite the flare of creativity and adventures, in the souls of the Zelda gamers, who wait patiently for the upcoming Project Zelda Engine: The Advanced Zelda Starter Kit!

Zelda and Nintendo, forever!
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2012, 04:07:40 pm »
The World Map is now finished! All the demo areas and locations from official Zelda titles that are reimplemented into the Project Zelda Engine (such as Clock Town, Kakariko Village, Earth Temple, Sacred Grove, Forest of Time, Hylia Pond, and more,) are now connected to each other via a new area, the Faron Fields, made by the PZE team, and which is an open-grass field with few trees. The fields now acts as the main transport location that leads to all other locations on the map, connecting the Clock Town with all the other settlements in the world! :)

The world now is set and ready, for the gamers and the users of the Starter Kit, to explore when the Update Patch 4 comes out! :)

Enjoy! :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 04:10:05 pm by SilentResident »

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2012, 06:32:44 pm »
What is the project done now? O.o what about the bottle script?
I joined for the sake of an engine i saw on the forum, it got me quite excited to see it in use! I had found this forum some while before that, but it is only now that i see the pure awesomeness of it! XD

I cant wait to see some fanmade zelda games, nevertheless support the ones who program them :D I sure can cheer people up!

My profile picture is Tonae, a character from my fanfic. She is a sheikah, who are teamed up with Link against her will to restore the balance of time. She is named after my aunts username in Guildwars 2. They have a guild called Hellfire bunnies.

« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2012, 08:50:33 pm »
What is the project done now? O.o what about the bottle script?

Nope, the engine is not finished. We work in this way and the World Map was one of those tasks needed to be done for the engine's completion. Can there be an engine without a proper map? Of course no.  XD

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2012, 02:18:40 pm »
So practically, whats left?

« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2012, 05:20:29 pm »
This is what we have yet to do before we can release PZE to the public! :)

#================================================================#
#  The General "To Do" List                                      #
#================================================================#
---Adjust the Day/Night Cycle's screen color tones. (SilentResident will do this - Mr.Wiggles made a script for easier tuning of color tones, placed in SR's User Folder)

---[DONE] Expand the Swimming System to have a Diving mechanism.

---Adjust the Sword Spin Attack's radius to reflect the Sword's size and length. (Baf and Thunder made some changes, needs aproval)

---[OPTIONAL]-Epona Footstep sound, as heard in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Epona's footsteps sound effect adds more realism. (Scripting or eventing knowledge needed) (This is in Mr_wiggles Folder (:  )

---Implement a module to the game for the Bombs/Bomb Flowers to do more damage on enemies and less on Link. (Temporally added 16 pdef to link's tunic and set the bomb flower to consider 100% of target's pdef, that corrects the damage for a while)

---Correct Link's visual equipment for when he is holding an object in his hands and walks upwards. (when he is carrying a rock or shrub, his shield is clipping in an weird way when walking up (north) and his shield is towards the player.)

---[DONE]Add the Rabbit form to the engine. This form to not be available by normal means (not via Equipment or Masks). Link, while in this form, he cannot perform any actions (fighting, lifting, dashing, cutting, rolling, etc) nor use weapons at all, with the pure excemption of the Magic Mirror, for obvious reasons. Rabbit form to apply by force, and only if BOTH of the 2 following conditions are met: 1) Link warps to Dark World and 2) Link doesn't carry the Moon Pearl (Armor ID: 080) with him.

---[DONE] Create the new World Map that reflects the PZE's maps and their geographical locations.

---Give the Earth Temple's map a layout. Make the rooms of the dungeon be arranged in an way so the temple is shaped after a symbol of Earth.

---Give the Dark World its own World Map (for the World Map Menu Screen), instead of sharing the map of the Light World, as the two worlds are geographically not 100% the same.

---Waypoint system for the World Map Menu Screen. So that you dont forget where in the world you are and what way your going. It doesn't have near as much relevance being a 2d system, but its worth to try it, as it helps the gamers alot. A proposed idea is to make the Link's waypoint icon appear at least for the locations that have a map mark on World Map (those red dot marks that display the names of the places in World Map Screen, such as "Clock Town", etc.).

Future plans for the Project Zelda Engine:

#=====================#
#  HIGHER PRIORITY:   #
#=====================#
1) A Bottle System script - memorize contents for each of the 6 bottles, and create their corresponding "use bottle's contents" Tools in XAS. (Needs: good knowledge of XAS, Scripting skills)
   The Bottle System to be used in conjuction with the Bug Catching Net, as well as to be used independently. (the bottles to directly catch bugs or fairies by just swinging them, eliminating the necessity  of a Bug Catching Net).

#=====================#
#  MEDIUM PRIORITY:   #
#=====================#
2) Sword Beam Attack. Our success in Sword Spin Attack opens the road for a Beam Attack as well. Only certain Swords may have this feature. Only when Link has full health may his sword fire beams.

3) A Rings system/submenu. In the style of Oracle games, or a better one. (needs to be discussed with the team first)

#=====================#
#  LOWER PRIORITY:    #
#=====================#
4) 3D rotating Menus, like in OoT & MM. Make the transition from menu to menu have a 3D feeling. Gasotetsu is able to provide us the graphics for this. With a little help from a scripter, it couldn't be hard to make it work.
   NR - Would you like the items on the menu to disappear when it rotates, or would you like them to rotate as well?
        SR - I recommend the items on the menus to disappear when the menus rotate, as this makes things easier, simplier, and cleaner. Making the items to Rotate along with the menus, sounds kinda difficult.
        SR - Also I recommend that we add a switch so people can disable the 3D Menu transition if they do not like to use it in their 2D games.

5) The Oracle of Ages / Seasons companions such as Moosh, Ricky and Dimitri can be done in a fashion similar to Epona.

6) The Minish cap style of Shrinking into Minish size and back forth.

7) Rewrite the Input Module to bring back the gamepad support.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:27:44 pm by SilentResident »

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2012, 05:32:33 pm »
Ill post a question at zeldadungeon :x

« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2013, 07:52:45 pm »
Ill post a question at zeldadungeon :x

Ehm? I don't get you lol. :D What question? About the PZE?

UPDATE:

Now that everyone in the PZE Team is gone for a break from PZE and enjoys relaxation those days of the Christmas and the New Year, I got the free time and the opportunity to give some attention to the poor or low quality icons and graphics of the engine, and I gave them new looks.

But I am not sure if the people will like them. Here they are!

Dungeon Compass

Dungeon Small Key

Stone Slab and Stone Slab Fragment

Dungeon Map

Don't worry if the icons are of different sizes - some of them are for display in the game's Text Message dialog Boxes.

Hope they are good. Enjoy!

And by the way, Happy New Year! :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:40:40 am by SilentResident »

Twilight Alchemist

State Alchemist
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2013, 02:49:56 am »
WOW!! I cannot wait for the version 4 release.
(>'.')> <('.')> <('.'<) <(  )>
"Oh! The Rock of Death, my mortal enemy! I'll deal with you later rock." Later "Oh! Rock of Death! We meet again. Well this time things will go differently, cause I'm not five years old any more, AND THERE IS NO BANANA!" - ???
My PZE account: http://zeldaengine.net/user-112.html
If you're going to be Mr. FMA over here,
Shadow of Termina spriter
http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2013, 11:00:25 am »
Well i forgot the question and i forgot to post it at zeldaengine, pardon me -.- (I think pardon means excuse right?) Cause i thought i shouldnt spam this place with questions. Ill just ask this once :s Dimitri, Moosh and Ricky... I see they are low priority, but are you making up some of your own? :x

« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2013, 12:53:46 am »
Well i forgot the question and i forgot to post it at zeldaengine, pardon me -.- (I think pardon means excuse right?) Cause i thought i shouldnt spam this place with questions.
lol, no, you are welcomed to spam the place with questions, haha. :) But checking the the video first, in a good way to find answers to your questions and helps saving time. Thats why I posted the video, because it shows many features such as night and day cycle, etc, and therefore, eliminates confusion about what the engine has to offer to you. Don't be afraid to check it, its on Youtube.

Ill just ask this once :s Dimitri, Moosh and Ricky... I see they are low priority, but are you making up some of your own? :x
Hehe, they are low priority because we already have Epona the other people can use as a basis for making Dimitri and other pets. But still I plan to create at least our old good Moosh! ;D He could be so funny. And a little hard too.

You are welcome! :D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 04:43:14 pm by SilentResident »
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2013, 04:45:58 am »
The Project Zelda Engine Team is proud to announce the addition of one more form to the engine! The famous Bunny Link's Form!

The Bunny Link Form, which is triggered by force as soon as 2 Conditions are met:
Conditions for transforming into a Bunny Link:
1) Enter a Dark World-classified map.
2) Moon Pearl (Accessory Item) is not in Link's Inventory.

As soon as both conditions are met, Link will forcefully transform into the Bunny Link!
Bunny Link has very restricted abilities in his possession.

Bunny Link can:
-Move/Run around
-Talk to People or Open Treasure Chests
-Interact with events.
-Read and/or perform other intelligent actions
-Lift objects, based on the level/power of his Gloves.
-Wear different clothes (Green, Blue, Red Tunics)
-Use the Magic Mirror (Non-offensive Weapon)
-Use Bottles
-Climb Stairs - Jump down the cliffs.

Bunny Link can't:
-Use any weapons, including Primary (Sword and Shield) and Secondary weapons (Bow, Bombs, etc)
-Swim in Deep Water/Sea

So, if you had any weapons in the buttons that aren't the Magic Mirror or Bottles, before Link turns into Bunny Link, they will automatically become disabled and grayed out (except their Ammo Counters for obvious reasons).

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:48:14 am by SilentResident »
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2013, 04:16:25 pm »
Morning or evening, dear people! The PZE team is happy to share some info of our progress, today! :)

The Gossip Stones are implemented to Project Zelda Engine! :)

Hit them with your sword and they will shake (see picture above) and tell you the current time! Or bomb them to rocket them to the sky! Or simply wear the Mask of Truth and let those mysterious Sheikah stones reveal information that they've heard, give helpful hints, or even reveal the locations of treasure chests, to you!

Upon talking to them with the Mask of Truth equipped, the hit's or tip's message will always start with the following phrase:
"The mystical stone responds to the mask and speaks to you. ...But its words are heard in secret..."

Upon hitting them with a sword, they will say "Boing-oing!" and tell you info about the game, such as the current time of day, etc.

Various information you may get from the Gossip Stones include:

-------------------------------------------------
The Sword Spin Attack is now complete! :)
In PZE, now, each Sword has its own spin attack graphic and animation.
The Spin Attack also has different radius and power, per sword, based on that blade's strength and size (shortblade, blade, longblade, etc)!

The Kokiri Sword's Spin Attack animation in an artwork:

and the Kokiri Sword's Spin Attack animation in Project Zelda Engine:

Master Sword's Spin Attack in game:

-------------------------------------------------
The Earth Temple's Dungeon Map Layout now has been set!
Our team now makes progress at setting up the dungeon's layout, so it can feature as many weapons and items as possible, for the gamers to be able to test their weapons and their capabilities, by solving small puzzles!

The PZE's Earth Temple is using the Earth Medallion's symbol for the dungeon's map layout, and thus, respecting a tradition in the Zelda game series that started with Zelda 1's dungeons and continues to that day!
A basement and a second floor are planned too, although in this picture only the 1F is displayed for now.

Enjoy!

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2013, 09:22:54 am »
OMG Now i REALLY want to play the game in the engine before im making my game :D I want to test EVERY item to decide wich are the best for my game :D :D :D
Goodluck on the layout ^^

« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2013, 04:33:06 pm »
The Project Zelda Engine 4.0 has seen a nice progress the past few weeks, which brings it even closer to its final version and release!

The HUD is complete and ready!
 The HUD has been improved, configured to add the missing details and now it is as ready as ever for the release of the Project Zelda Engine 4.0!
The old HUD

The new HUD

Our team is doing pretty good progress at bringing you a real dungeon which features over 30+ weapons for you to obtain and use them to defeat enemies or solve puzzles! Each room will have one or more Big Treasure Chests, and feature puzzles based on the types of weapons you find in!
Earth Temple's new rooms

The Diving System has been added to the Project Zelda Engine!
When Link is swimming in deep water, he is now able to dive, as well. The Diving ability can be controlled by a simple switch and you can have it enabled at all times, or only after obtaining certain diving-related items such as the Diving Scale or the Zora Armor!

More features will be announced, soon. Stay tuned! :)

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2013, 05:10:48 pm »
My enthusiasm is born anew everytime i see an update :3

« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2013, 10:30:19 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Wow.. really impressive stuff! Good sirs, I salute you. : o

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.408 seconds with 78 queries.

anything