Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If you could go back in time...  (Read 1160 times)

If you could go back in time...
« on: July 23, 2012, 05:50:04 am »
Which video game that you missed out on during original release would you play?
Thought about this the other day.  Sure, I had all the Super Mario, Zelda,Megaman,Resident Evil, etc. games.  However, one of my favorite franchises I missed out on until 1999 is Final Fantasy.

If I could go back in time to enjoy a game I never even knew about until it was well established, that game would have to be Final Fantasy III(VI).  I haven't touched it recently, but when I had FF Anthologies and then FF VI Advanced I always thought about the one time I was a kid and saw a box sitting in the SNES section(PS1 and n64 weren't big yet if I remember correctly) that said Final Fantasy III and had some bizarre looking bear thing( a moogle :3) on the cover.  I grabbed the box and looked at the back.  I believe I was 8 at the time.  I couldn't really understand what the point of the game was so I would always put the box back and get the usual Megaman X2 or Maximum Carnage or maybe some NES game.

If only I knew then what I know now(or better: experienced), it might have opened my creativeness sooner instead of when I played my first jRPG of Final Fantasy VII for pc in 1999.

Anyway, anyone have a game they played well after release but wish they could have played it when it first came out?
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: If you could go back in time...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 04:46:34 am »
If I had to name but a few games I would've wanted to play when it first was released, I would have to say; The Super Nintendo and/or Nintendo Super Mario games. Even though they were and still are amazing to play in the present, I just want to feel how it felt playing these games during their period of release and feeling that feeling of video games on the verge of evolution, change, and most of all; influence.
Scott R. Genovese
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 05:25:19 pm »
  • It's in your ear!
Personally the two games I played back then but didn't think become major franchises would have to be Super Smash Brothers, Kingdom Hearts, and now that I think of it, Jak and Daxter. SSB seemed like a funny joke at first but I never suspected the release of SSB Melee (moreover Nintendo Gamecube's release title). Kingdom Hearts was an impressive title but despite the obvious cliffhanger at the end I didn't think a Kingdom hearts 2 would be done. Of the three titles Jak and Daxter was TOTALLY unexpected, Jak 2 was nothing like the first game (and by that I mean Jak 2 was far more awesome), though I didn't have too much love for Jak 3.

Twilight Alchemist

State Alchemist
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 05:52:37 pm »
If I could travel back in time and play a video game on it's release would be Wind Waker, SSBM and SSBB, OoT, and MM.
(>'.')> <('.')> <('.'<) <(  )>
"Oh! The Rock of Death, my mortal enemy! I'll deal with you later rock." Later "Oh! Rock of Death! We meet again. Well this time things will go differently, cause I'm not five years old any more, AND THERE IS NO BANANA!" - ???
My PZE account: http://zeldaengine.net/user-112.html
If you're going to be Mr. FMA over here,
Shadow of Termina spriter
http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 06:06:12 pm »
I would probably go back and play the Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Link's Awakening - and the Pokemon games after Gold/Silver. I never got a Gameboy Advance while it was in its hayday and I only really had Pokemon games for my GBC. The friends I had at the time had those but I was tired out of playing handheld games at that point in time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 48 queries.