Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

was TP very very very disappointing?

Just you
- 29 (65.9%)
Nope I agree
- 15 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it just me or...  (Read 4385 times)

Is it just me or...
« on: January 29, 2007, 04:57:43 pm »
  • Fendez Coder
Yeh, TP was probably one of the biggest anti-climaxes ever. For one thing, the game had amazing cinematic potential, but the music ruined it every time. Seriously, the music in this game is utter SHITE. It's circus music, at best - and they put that together with something truly epic. I'm usually one for juxtaposition, but...omg, they seriously ruined some of the best moments that could have ever graced the Zelda series. I'm mainly talking about the bosses here, some great ideas that get totally trampled on by this joke of a soundtrack.

The other thing is that it's way too easy (boss fights, omg), and is over before the story can truly be told. To me it seems like they spent forever introducing the story, then it's as if they got rushed to squash the main plot and conclusion all into an extremely small part of the game.

Games suck these days.

Och vi som väntar på något gott vi väntar alltid för länge jag vet, jag vet
men ett liv med låga krav är som sommar utan sol och vinter utan snö
Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games
Re: Is it just me or...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 05:12:50 pm »
I agree that the game was far too easy, but not on the other parts. The music you are talking about is basically Ocarina of Time's music, pumped up. Not neccesarily better than OOT, but still, it's the same music.

About the story... It's really tough to keep the story flowing nicely without boring the player in these games. It pretty much is "Temple -> Middle sequence -> Temple -> Middle sequence" and so on. Squeezing the story in between proves to be difficult on many games, and only a few succeeded in doing it. That's what makes a good story. I can agree with you that it was a pretty rough finish, but as I said, Nintendo are not godlike, and we'll have to live with that fact. However, as they took so long with actually releasing the game, you could've imagined they perfected it to the max, but they didn't. Bleh.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 06:41:44 pm »
  • odens knop
You truly are a confused gamer....
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 06:45:22 pm »
I was slightly, but just slightly disappointed with Twilight Princess... I wouldn't have problems giving it a 10/10.
It's true, there were some bad stuff, but it's Zelda, it has the great Zelda feeling, and it's a great game, one of the best games ever - without any doubt...
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 06:49:48 pm »
  • Shunner of Light
You need your ears checked, if you think the music is that bad.  Just because it's not fully orchestrated doesn't mean it's c***.

As for whether it was a disapointment or not, it was to me, but only because I was expecting something really new, like the overworld in TWW, but all I got was mostly a mix between OoT, MM, and TWW.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 10:15:44 pm »
  • Silly cat!
It's just you.

But I wouldn't put aside any of Confused Gamer's points, guys. As I was reading your post CG, I knew exactly what you were talking about. For me, difficulty usually isn't a problem, because it just means I can get to the end of the game easily. I didn't mind the easiness in Wind Waker, but I did in Twilight Princess. I think because the game gave off a dark atmosphere, and it felt more mature, you'd think it would be suitable for the mature gamer, looking for something difficult... But it wasn't. It was easy, and the difficulty level in Twilight Princess was annoying. Heck, I had to use the Ordon Sword after I got the Master Sword just so I could enjoy the battles for a little longer. Nintendo needs to take the series back to it's Zelda II days and make the battles and puzzles super-freakin'-hard.

And yes, the story was kind of over before it was told. I'm not sure what I was expecting with Twilight Princess... I might have been expecting Midna to turn against Link, or I was expecting the Twili to be evil and for Midna to be good... I was expecting something, but I didn't seem to get it.

But my major gripe with Twilight Princess is the lost potential with the wolf. Seriously, when you saw Wolf Link howling to the moon at the end of the second trailer, were you pumped? And that mysticism you felt with that scene... did you feel that in-game? No. The wolf in TP felt like the transformations in Majora's Mask (which were done well in a different sense), you were only transforming into a wolf for conveniences, to get a puzzle done, or just because you were forced to. It felt like you were just Link controlled differently. I was expecting villagers' to hunt you down, I was expecting a clan of wolves as characters in the story, better use of an animal's senses, better interaction with other animals. Transforming into a wolf should have been cool, not different. Oh, and he sounds like he's in pain when he howls. Makes me sad :(.

I completely disagree with your points on the music however. The music was pretty damn excellent, I don't think I would have enjoyed it too much more if it was orchestrated, and I think some of the of "clownier" songs in the game added a nice well-expected Zelda contrast. The boss battles had very epic music, I loved it. So I don't really know what you are talking about.

The gameplay was also incredibly decent (minus the difficulty level) and is pretty much a good enough reason why Twilight Princess should and did get several Game of the Year nods. The gameplay is absolutely perfected, and it makes Zelda worth playing. I think the Arbiter's Grounds is the absolute pinnacle of dungeons in a Zelda game. Nintendo just really need to take a good think about how easy the games are becoming. PLEASE go back and play Zelda II, Nintendo! The items (namely the Dominion Rod, Bomb Arrow and Spinner) are very nicely done, and well up to par with all Zelda games. The bosses are creepy and the strategies are well thought up, but the lack of difficulty just cuts the bosses in half. Sorry, guys. Still, the atmosphere with all the bosses is super duper. Oh, and horseback combat is SO AWESOME -- but you guessed it, would have been better if it were harder.

Oh, and the beautiful ending was enough to make me fall in love with this game. I've never felt more connected to a character in a video game than I have with Midna. Her story is extremely well done. It was worth butchering Zelda's role just so Nintendo could tell Midna's story, and it was really something new that I truly adored. Although the ending was vague, I couldn't have loved it more than I did. Absolutely amazing... Whoops, I've made this post too long, no one is going to read it now XD.

Oh, and Zant is the best villain ever.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 10:27:51 pm by Hero of Fire »

Hoffy.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 10:20:47 pm »
  • :D
I'm not nearly finished with it yet, but I have to agree so far.  It's pretty damn easy XD

And the soundtrack? HORRIBLE.  I HATE the songs in the twilight zones SO much.  The rest of the music is mediocre at best.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 10:22:35 pm »
  • *whistle*
If I sit down and think about TP, yeah, I think it's a disappointment. The storyline - and epicness of the action - climaxes around the end of the third dungeon or so, the game's too easy, the secrets run out far too soon, there's not enough minigames, very few of the characters are particularly memorable, there aren't any trading quests, not enough NPCs, and the game's faaaar too predictable.

And yet. I don't think about ANY of this when playing the game, and to be honest, it's the most fun I've had in a game while playing it in a very, very long time.
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 10:24:50 pm »
I beat the game really fast.
To be honest I waswaiting for something better, I saw some videos and to be honest the videos looked better than the videogame itself.
The wii version its better than the GC version, it has lots of glitches so you can mess around.
People say is too easy, in fact it is.But we are Zelda fans we player old zelda games and this is no different from these so we can beat it easly cuz of that.
This is an english website, please speak it.
l0l wut? o_0
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 10:55:52 pm »
Geez... Forgot about that. xP
You're far from being the only one, but I still can't fricking understand why do people rush to complete the game if it is to later complain about its lifespan... :S
I've played for more than 41 hours, and I'm still on Temple of Time... :\
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 11:02:10 pm »
  • 7.18.1.3.5 <3
I never rushed TP, i didn't want to rush TP... I finished the game in about 51 hours with bunch of walking around and screwing around. That's also after leaving the Wii on for more like 10 hours.
So i beat it around 41 and under hours with only 2 hearts to get and around 8 more poes i believe + alot of screwing around in the game. Everything else i've done.

I think TP is a very good game, yet like everyone else. I also thought it was TOO easy... Didn't have alot of side quest or long side quests. It's fun and all, but a disappointment.
SSBB FC: 4639-8685-4595
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 11:21:27 pm »
Geez... Forgot about that. xP
You're far from being the only one, but I still can't fricking understand why do people rush to complete the game if it is to later complain about its lifespan... :S
I've played for more than 41 hours, and I'm still on Temple of Time... :\

well, apart from beinf the story mode you can fish..............something I hate.
Its not a rush to beat the game, its that is so easy that you beat it without knowing you did so, I beat it and seat there thinking..."so that was all? too easy and short".
Then went to a zelda forum and asked what should I do and they told me to go fish :/
l0l wut? o_0
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 11:23:40 pm »
  • *whistle*
People are saying too short; it wasn't. Not compared to other Zelda games. I'm pretty sure it's the longest Zelda game yet in terms of total length, even if it doesn't seem that way (especially in terms of how linear/easy the game is).

Also, the game has much less filler than other Zeldas (*cough Wind Waker cough sailing cough cough*).... it still rounds off as a pretty good game.
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 11:31:06 pm »
  • Fendez Coder
But the sailing was the best bit of WW - made it amazing imo.

Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 11:32:56 pm »
  • *whistle*
But the sailing was the best bit of WW - made it amazing imo.

o.O

The sailing was booooooring. Set wind direction, point boat the right way, then turn off the TV for 10 minutes, grab something to eat and come back.

I mean, nothing actually HAPPENED during the sailing. The boat moved to fast to really be attacked by anything, there was precious little worth finding, nothing worth exploring, and nothing to see (pun intended).
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 11:34:35 pm »
sailing was what made me hate wind waker, I remember trying to go to an island and turning off the game before getting to where I had to xD.
TP was a great game tho, I have to admit. But it feels like something is missing.
l0l wut? o_0
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 11:41:15 pm »
  • Fendez Coder
you 2 missed the whole point of sailing in WW.

you're supposed to stop off at every island you see whilst you sail - a great way of exploring the game, I felt, you had such a sense of ...ermm.. "unlimited potential discovery".

Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 11:43:36 pm »
  • 7.18.1.3.5 <3
Sailing is fun for the first few times. Once you finished your big sea chart map, there's nothing to it. Unless you haven't got all the treasures from the ocean yet.
SSBB FC: 4639-8685-4595
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 11:49:26 pm »
you are wrong...........you can do something...something really fun.........mess with the pigs!!!  :jellytime:
l0l wut? o_0

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2007, 12:01:57 am »
  • Silly cat!
Sailing was the best thing ever.

I never got sick of it, not for a second. If you didn't enjoy it, you were obviously just unappreciative of the game's beauty and exploration elements, I couldn't agree more with CG on this point. You were supposed to look in the distance and see an island, or a sea platform, or a submarine, there was LOTS to do in the ocean. That was the stuff that was meant to keep you busy while sailing. Or you could just look at the entire while waiting to get the next island. Wind Waker is a true adventure game.

BTW, Twilight Princess took me 60 hours to complete. Was it hard? No. Does that mean I took all the time I wanted to appreciate the game? Yes.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 12:08:16 am by Hero of Fire »

Hoffy.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 80 queries.