Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2DS - Never got brought up here?  (Read 2367 times)

2DS - Never got brought up here?
« on: October 02, 2013, 10:28:48 pm »
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/nintendo-announces-the-2ds

Found that out a couple months ago.  If it is legit, I think it is hilarious.  It looks ugly as balls.  I see what Nintendo is trying to do, but really...most people I know are buying $60 tablets for their young children now.

Nintendo might be losing the handheld market soon to smartphones if they havent already lost.  :<
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: 2DS - Never got brought up here?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 11:15:28 am »
Everyone knows they made this thing just for Pokémon X and Y.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 08:22:01 am »
I recently got a smartphone and play some games on it, and playing games that traditionally use the d-pad and buttons (namely the shoulder buttons) feels really awkward and imprecise. Well mostly platformers feel that way, RPGs are awesome-sauce in that I can progress through the game faster because I can bring it with me everywhere. I could go and buy a console controller to connect to it, but then I would have to lug that around everywhere too.

I think the Nintendo 2DS has a market for it, but long-term I don't get it (as the price of the 3DS goes down or people are still willing to wait to get a 3DS, the 2DS is less appealing). But yeah, as Kleaver said, it's mostly aimed towards selling Pokémon X and Y. And if someone buys it to play Pokemon, they'll probably buy other Nintendo titles to play on the system.

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 05:48:29 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
It's really nice for low-income households that cannot afford the more expensive models, however small the price discrepancy may be. Also nice for people who really don't bring their handhelds with them anywhere, but still like to play around the house.

Also, software makes the system in the end. So far while I did play a lot of smartphone games for a while, they lost my interest. I found that most don't have much depth and like Diminish said, playing a type of game designed for a controller is a little daunting.

To be honest, the 3DS is one of my favourite systems right now. There's something there for everyone and from what I've seen, much more to come. :)
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 10:18:34 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Yeah, just one thing right here. I'm not sure if Nintendo noticed about 2DS flashcards. No flashcard was developed for the 3DS because of the complexity on emulating 3D, however, some ROMs from 3DS games were made, as far as I know. So, as 2DS allows the user to play 3DS games without the 3D, I'm guessing those problems will be solved.

Nintendo would be losing money, as I see it.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 07:59:47 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
what the hell are you going on about flashcards? there is a 3DS flashcard (Gateway, look it up), and the 2DS doesn't have any extra hardware to prevent a 3DS game from working. all the 2DS does is prevent you from using the optional 3D depth. aside from that, it's functionally identical to the 3DS.

as for losing money, they won't be. the 2DS is cheap to make. it's all one touch screen technically, for crying out loud. it's just divided by the housing and there's plastic on the "top" screen to prevent touch input from working where it shouldn't. that's also likely why it can't close. people who've thought the 3D gimmick was pointless (and parents wanting a cheap system for their kids to play Pokemon on) will help drive sales on this thing. yes, it looks kinda dumb, yes it seems like a bad idea.

but it'll sell. a lot.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:02:39 pm by Mirby »

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 50 queries.