Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda : Chiming Bells [First Screenshot of Dodongo Mines]  (Read 50726 times)

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: The Legend of Zelda : Return to the Mask
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 06:20:28 pm »
I've started to write the story and the plot. I've updated the topic giving you 3 characters. I'll try to update the character database as I go through the story.
  • Phoenix Heart

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: The Legend of Zelda : Chimming Bells
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 09:56:28 am »
Okay guys, a brand new tech demo has been added. Here's what new

-Rito Link
-The last menu
-Saria, Deku Tree and 2 Kokiris

Enjoy it folks!

EDIT: For the next tech demo (THE LAST TECH DEMO), I am going to allow you to explore the Forest Temple. It will not have any puzzles but it'll give you a feel of the dungeon.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 06:47:59 pm by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: The Legend of Zelda : Chiming Bells
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 12:59:51 pm »
Hey guys I bring news!

I'll been working very hard today on the Forest Temple. The next demo will have a fully working Forest Temple. Expect a new screenshot in the next hour

EDIT: Here as promised. Some new screenshots
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 02:06:46 pm by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 05:11:01 pm »
4 posts without a reply. Ai. Let's see what I can do about that.

Looks good. But it obviously still needs some work. Maybe spend some more time with a couple of details before you try and create a whole dungeon. It'll save you time in the long run. And please don't take any of the following as criticism. I wouldn't take the time to play and comment if I didn't like it. You already know what's good/finish right?

> The movements system needs a little bit more work. When I stand under/against a wall and am looking left I won't look up again when I want to move in that direction. If you need help with that let me know (= PB/email). It's not hard to fix.
> Personaly I'd make the hud either always (partly) seethrough or make it so you can't walk under it. As in: the borders of the rest of the screen are the actual room borders. A little of both just doesn't seem right.
> I can only equip a C item through the menu. When I equipped and used the skull mask (cool btw) I equipped an ocarina. So now I can't remove my mask until I go back and equip the skullmask again. Maybe make it so you can't change the mask when wearing it, or automaticly unequip it when you want to set another item. I'm not sure how they did it in Majora's Mask, but you could probably copy that or use it as an example.
> I wanna see area names and my current location on the map :'( No serieusly. I do miss the ability to hold a directional button and move a lot faster across to the next menu page. Shouldn't be to hard to implement.
> Please make a background for the item menu (single color rectangle?). If the area is full off activity it gets hard to distinguise on such a small screen.
> Love the implemented ocarina. Well done.
> Moving from room to room with two directions pushed the first of two directional buttons gets negated in the next room.
> I wasn't able to talk to people etc. That supposed to be like that right?
> Maybe close of the left side of the starting room so people won't have a change to !@#$% about it.

That's all the things I could find with just one playthrough. I hope it helps.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 05:37:05 pm »
> The movements system needs a little bit more work. When I stand under/against a wall and am looking left I won't look up again when I want to move in that direction. If you need help with that let me know (= PB/email). It's not hard to fix.
> Personaly I'd make the hud either always (partly) seethrough or make it so you can't walk under it. As in: the borders of the rest of the screen are the actual room borders. A little of both just doesn't seem right.
> I can only equip a C item through the menu. When I equipped and used the skull mask (cool btw) I equipped an ocarina. So now I can't remove my mask until I go back and equip the skullmask again. Maybe make it so you can't change the mask when wearing it, or automaticly unequip it when you want to set another item. I'm not sure how they did it in Majora's Mask, but you could probably copy that or use it as an example.
> I wanna see area names and my current location on the map :'( No serieusly. I do miss the ability to hold a directional button and move a lot faster across to the next menu page. Shouldn't be to hard to implement.
> Please make a background for the item menu (single color rectangle?). If the area is full off activity it gets hard to distinguise on such a small screen.
> Moving from room to room with two directions pushed the first of two directional buttons gets negated in the next room.
> Maybe close of the left side of the starting room so people won't have a change to !@#$% about it.
Movement Engine - I think I get what your saying. But not fully. Could you re-explain it?
HUD - I still haven't found the function to make ALL the sprites drawn by the HUD see-through.
C Equip - Fair dos. I'll crack onto that
Faster Menu Cursor - Not exactly the highest thing on my list but yeh. I'll see what I can do. No promises. DONE
Item Menu - Fair enough. Just a graphic changes. Easy DONE
Moving from Room to Room - I can't solve that. Sorry. UNSOLVABLE
No Talk - It's the X function. It should work. It works on my comp. NO PROBLEM
Close the left - They'll be a guy blocking it in 2 demos time. PROMISE

Ocarina - Thanks very much. That's my master stroke! :D
As for the dungeon, I got alot done
-All the Chests
-All the puzzles
-All the tiling
-All the rooms
-All the monsters
-ALMOST All the room transitions

And this is what's left
-Boss
-Map and Compass on the Menu
-Boss Door and room transition
-The aftermath
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 06:07:37 pm by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 06:14:12 pm »
Movement Engine - I think I get what your saying. But not fully. Could you re-explain it?
HUD - I still haven't found the function to make ALL the sprites drawn by the HUD see-through.
C Equip - Fair dos. I'll crack onto that
Faster Menu Cursor - Not exactly the highest thing on my list but yeh. I'll see what I can do. No promises.
Item Menu - Fair enough. Just a graphic changes. Easy DONE
Ocarina - Thanks very much. That's my master stroke! :D
Moving from Room to Room - I can't solve that. Sorry. UNSOLVABLE
No Talk - It's the X function. It should work. It works on my comp. NO PROBLEM
Close the left - They'll be a guy blocking it in 2 demos time. PROMISE

As for the dungeon, I got alot done
-All the Chests
-All the puzzles
-All the tiling
-All the rooms
-All the monsters
-ALMOST All the room transitions

And this is what's left
-Boss
-Map and Compass on the Menu
-Boss Door and room transition
-The aftermath

Movement: When the demo starts walk up against the wall. Walk up a pixel or so and then try to move up again. He doesn't do anything. It's functional but just doesn't feel right.
Faster menu: Simply copy your press button events to "regular" button events. And it's fixed, depending on your programming of course. If you want more effecient/less coding then use one custom event which you call from within both button events.
Moving from room to room: Nothing is impossible! There is only highly inefficient. Want some help with this?
No talking: okay, my bad. I didn't know.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 06:21:09 pm »
Movement : So you want him to animate even is there's no movement?
Faster Menu : I've done it.
Room transition : I think it's a problem with Gamemaker. I dunno. I'm looking into this.
Talking : That's fine. We all make mistakes.

Anyways, I'm continuing the Forest Temple. You should have a fully working temple by the end of the week.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 06:27:47 pm »
Movement : So you want him to animate even is there's no movement?

Jup

Room transition : I think it's a problem with Gamemaker. I dunno. I'm looking into this.

I just use a single persistent master control object with 4 variables. One per directional button. Pressing a directional button sets the corresponding variable to 1 and releasing it sets it to 0 again. During each step, depending on Link's status, I use these 4 variables to make the character move and show his movement animations. This would be a solution for your problem, it's just the question wether it's worth the effort implementing it. It would also solve the other movement issue above (if you want it changed that is ofcourse).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 06:29:25 pm by Martijn dh »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 06:57:38 pm »
I don't think I'll implement this right now. It's not worth it Atm. Movement will be done later as well.
  • Phoenix Heart

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 02:55:07 pm »
The last bit of the Forest Temple.
Triple Headed Plant. Mosababa

And with that, the technical demo has been updated! Enjoy the whole Forest Temple folks. The only thing not done is the Key counting.

EDIT: There is a key that rests on green blocks in the Forest Temple. Just walk towards it. The green blocks are water. I just haven't got the sprites again.

EDIT: Hey folks! I've done my first video! Has a look (No sound... :'( )
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZZl68c8WEE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZZl68c8WEE</a>
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 06:40:08 am by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart

StSpider

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2009, 08:58:14 am »
This game's looking pretty good so far.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2009, 11:41:25 am »
This game's looking pretty good so far.
Thanks guys. To let know you all know, I'll be working on this full-time until June 16th (Last Exam), then I will be working on it less than part-time. Anyway, here's what needs to be done next

-Scenes
-Saving
-Titlescreen
-Hyrule Field <-THIS IS NEXT :O So the file size will be getting alot bigger.
-Finish Kokiri Forest
-More enemies (About 1/2 more)
  • Phoenix Heart

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2009, 06:40:05 pm »
I sorta told a lie in my last post. Im not doing Hyrule Field....IM DOING THE WHOLE ******* LAND OF HYRULE!!!! And here's the proof!

Remember that Gerudo Valley's river connected to Lake Hylia? This is Gerudo River. And you get to swim along it. One of the new areas of Hyrule. Below are the provinces in Hyrule.

-Hyrule Province [Hyrule Field,Kakariko Village,Lon Lon Ranch]
-Kokiri Province [Kokiri Forest,Lost Woods]
-Hylian Province [Hyrule Market,Temple of Time,Hyrule Castle]
-Goron Province [Death Mountain,Goron City]
-Zora Province [Zora's River,Zora's Domain,Lake Hylia] (The only province which is in two places]
-Gerudo Province [Gerudo Valley,Gerudo River,Gerudo Fortress,Haunted Wasteland,Desert Coloussus]

However, there are 3 provinces that you have to find. The first is easy but the other 2 require work

Stalfo Province [Catacomb Tunnels]
Argo Province [Death Mountain Crater]
Rito Province [Cloud Tops]

Enjoy this big update folks!

EDIT: I completed tiling the Gerudo Province

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvaFnyg67iw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvaFnyg67iw</a>

EDIT 2 : I've stopped for tonight but here's what's been done (TILING)

-Hyrule Province [Hyrule Field=50%,Kakariko Village=100%,Lon Lon Ranch=100%]
-Kokiri Province [Kokiri Forest=100%,Lost Woods=100%]
-Hylian Province [Hyrule Market=50%,Temple of Time,Hyrule Castle]
-Goron Province [Death Mountain=100%,Goron City=100%]
-Zora Province [Zora's River,Zora's Domain,Lake Hylia] (The only province which is in two places]
-Gerudo Province [Gerudo Valley=100%,Gerudo River=100%,Gerudo Fortress=100%,Haunted Wasteland=100%,Desert Coloussus=100%]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:48:20 pm by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2009, 03:47:42 pm »
I have been on very high form these 2 days. I've done 65% of the Hyrule Tiling (Excluding Dungeons)

-Hylian Province [Hyrule Market=100%,Temple of Time=100%,Hyrule Castle=100%]
-Gerudo Province [Gerudo Valley=100%,Gerudo River=100%,Gerudo Fortress=100%,Haunted Wasteland=100%,Desert Coloussus=100%]

Though progress will be slowing to a halt until after June 5th. Exams and !@#$%.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2009, 09:18:42 am »
It sure sounds interesting, but damn! Remaking Ocarina and Majora's mask!? :o

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2009, 09:20:21 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

... I don't think he said he was remaking them <_<;;

He's making a sequel to them.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2009, 09:21:20 am »

... I don't think he said he was remaking them <_<;;

He's making a sequel to them.
Im making a sequel yeh. Remaking Ocarina and Majora's Mask would be insane!

I've done Death Mountain Crater. Im currently working on Zora's Domain

EDIT: I've completed Zora's River and nearly halfway on Zora's Domain. After that, I only have 50% of Hyrule Field and Lake Hylia to tile.

-Zora Province [Zora's River=100%,Zora's Domain=40%,Lake Hylia] (The only province which is in two places]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 11:02:26 am by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2009, 05:35:38 am »
  • Xiphirx
Damn King, I need your dedication.
  • For The Swarm

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2009, 06:15:42 am »
Damn King, I need your dedication.
Hee hee. My dedication takes me anywhere. It took me swimming and multigym for nearly a year! Anyway, there's only 30 rooms left to tile before the next tech demo featuring all of hyrule and a big soundtrack (36 tunes in total)

-Hyrule Province [Hyrule Field=72%,Kakariko Village=100%,Lon Lon Ranch=100%]
-Zora Province [Zora's River=100%,Zora's Domain=100%,Lake Hylia] (The only province which is in two places]
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2009, 07:46:00 am »
Hee hee. My dedication takes me anywhere. It took me swimming and multigym for nearly a year! Anyway, there's only 30 rooms left to tile before the next tech demo featuring all of hyrule and a big soundtrack (36 tunes in total)

That is a tech demo? I t almost is the complete game. But damn you are really going for it. If the Dev contest was now instead of a few weeks ago, you would have a really big demo to show for or wouldn't you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 78 queries.