Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: NCFC 2011 - Now Open!  (Read 13451 times)

NCFC 2011 - Now Open!
« on: August 01, 2011, 07:02:44 am »
http://www.nintendocfc.com/

The event itself is at a date about 3 months into the future, but I am announcing the event itself in order to avoid it being mentioned too late at a point in time where nobody would be able to get anything ready at all. For those who do not know, the NCFC, otherwise known as the Nintendo Community Fangame Convention, is an annual event where fangame communities come together to represent their talents and abilities through making Nintendo fan games. And just because ZFGC represents Zelda, ZFGCers aren't "required" to do Zelda games. The information from previous years are on their site.

In the meantime and hopefully before the start of the event, ZFGC is going to be spruced up. I also took the liberty of deleting all users with 0 posts who had not been active within the past 100 days (most tended though to be past the 200 day mark). The plan to go from a global moderation system to local moderation system is scrapped based on demand and SMF 1.1.x's feasibility, all global moderators will remain. This sentence is a chocolate chip cookie. Upcoming improvements will relate to the improvement of the default Kokiri theme and an upgrade to SMF 2.0 (and all the super cool improved features it has). I'll be posting work-in-progress screenshots of that improved forum theme in Feedback eventually so that you all can critique it.

But yeah, while NCFC is a ways away it would be a good fun time made better by us being ready and involved.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:25:24 am by 4Sword »
Re: NCFC 2011 - 82 Days Away!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 05:42:29 am »
I'll be entering this year. I hope to do about 2-2.5 more months of development before posting it here to have it thoroughly tested.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 07:14:51 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I'm not entering this year-- Not because last year was a joke (and I sincerely hope they worked out those issues), but because there's nothing to present. 3 indie games going out, one due within 6 months for consoles. To everyone entering; best of luck! I sincerely hope you get best in show, Martijn!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 04:46:34 pm »
Thanks for the support. I'd like that. Not for me, but hopefully for an increase in siteactivity.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 06:56:45 pm »
I'm not entering this year-- Not because last year was a joke (and I sincerely hope they worked out those issues), but because there's nothing to present. 3 indie games going out, one due within 6 months for consoles. To everyone entering; best of luck! I sincerely hope you get best in show, Martijn!

I'm not entering for the same reasons. Me and my team are working on a 4th gen inspired RPG series
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 07:38:15 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Dang, I really wish my game were coming along faster; I would really like to enter. I'll just have to see how much progress I can make. Thanks for the heads up 4Sword.
  • My Music
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 03:28:31 am »
A topic announcing an event 82 days in advance, slow news for zfgc swordy?

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 05:29:41 am »
Reasons for posting this topic:
  - to acknowledge the fate of the global moderator to local moderator plan rather than pretend it didn't happen
  - wanting to mention theme upgrades without creating a topic strictly about those theme upgrades
  - the other most recent Update topics are for a contest that didn't happen; i.e. the news feed itself is dead
  - previously when the NCFC event was announced 1 or 2 months beforehand turnout was still pretty low
  - with school coming up, I didn't want to forget to post about the event or end up taking too long to post

If we planning to get ZFGC looking and being better more in order for the NCFC event (or really just for generally making the forum more appealing), it'd be easier to start those efforts sooner than later. I realize that people are busy so procrastinating any improvements will result in some more disappointment. I am very serious about the theme upgrade stuff, I'll actually be showing off the board index of the Kokiri theme improvement I have been working on once I get the Info Center box simplified.

But yeah, the news flow is slow.
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 03:52:07 pm »
I'd really want to enter this year- finished games, right?
.. Have a pretty good GB-esque platformer that is coming along niiicely, just
don't know how to enter. Or it's just nintendo games- Metroid, Zelda etc?
:S   
I'll add one of these later.
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 04:58:37 pm »
There was a misc. section last year I believe. Just as long as it is something of a fangame I guess.
Re: NCFC 2011 - 60 Days Away!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 04:13:32 pm »
  • Let's do this.
Hm...this is a simple question, but: What are the Rules?
Can I read the rules somewhere?  :huh:
And can someone enter two times and enter only with a Technical Demo?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:27:04 pm by Rayo »
This is one of many tales Hylian lore speaks of...

Click here to check out my Deviantart!
  • Zelda Time Walker
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 06:44:03 pm »
I'm not entering this year-- Not because last year was a joke (and I sincerely hope they worked out those issues),
If I remember right, your issues were with the rating system and how the best of were chosen. Those are going to be handled differently and it'll be made clear how the "best of" will be chosen this year. I don't think we've completely decided how it'll be done yet (we have ideas of course), so we're still open to suggestions.
I'd really want to enter this year- finished games, right?
.. Have a pretty good GB-esque platformer that is coming along niiicely, just
don't know how to enter. Or it's just nintendo games- Metroid, Zelda etc?
:S   
Games don't have to be finished, though the more you have the more people are going to enjoy what you have to show. We accept fangames based on Nintendo franchises, as well as fangames based on franchises that have appeared on a Nintendo platform. We may do something for indie projects, but it won't really be part of the main event since this is about fangames.
Hm...this is a simple question, but: What are the Rules?
Can I read the rules somewhere?  :huh:
And can someone enter two times and enter only with a Technical Demo?
Specific rules will be put up around the time we start to accept booth submissions, but if you have any specific questions I can try to answer them.
A technical demo would be completely fine to enter. I believe you can submit as many booths as you have projects, but I'll look into that.

Any other questions or feedback I'd ask you to post them on the NCFC forums, as anyone else with similar questions from other communities will be able to see them and the answers to them (plus you'll get a much quicker response). I'll try to check around here every so often though!
  • Google Profile

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 08:11:53 pm »
I may be entering with Chiming Bells if I can get enough done in time. Still got a month to go
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 12:38:41 pm »
Cuddly Bunny: Makes sense. I posted my questions on "how to enter" on your own forum.
King Tetiro: No worries. There are still two months left.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 06:39:53 pm »
Well I've already got Hyrule Field, Hyrule Town and Forgotten Dunes almost tiled so it's going well. Screenshot coming soon!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 07:10:32 pm »
  • Let's do this.
Okay, I will be entering this year too with my zelda technical demo: Zelda Time Walker. XD
Screenshots and other things coming soon! :)
This is one of many tales Hylian lore speaks of...

Click here to check out my Deviantart!
  • Zelda Time Walker

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 07:55:07 pm »
Okay, I will be entering this year too with my zelda technical demo: Zelda Time Walker. XD
Screenshots and other things coming soon! :)

Looking forward to seeing the outcome man!

We have a Yeti wearing a purple top hat :P

EDIT: Wow I'm doing fast progress. I've been doing NPCs and designing all day. After I have done the Hyrule Market interiors and room to room transition, I'll be releasing Demo 0.1 which will actually have content
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 10:11:25 pm by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart
Re: NCFC 2011 - 33 Days Away!
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 05:59:53 am »
Hello everyone, just thought I'd put it out there that the event is now about a month away (33 days from the time of this post). I was wondering if anyone still planned on entering.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 06:41:45 am »
Chiming Bells is there for sure. It's the demo is literally 98% complete. I just have a few music and sound things left to do.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 03:30:43 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I just popped over to the NCFC site, and I am really digging the atmosphere. I mean, it's just a website, but reading about the events made it feel like everyone was in the process of setting up some big festival. It's exciting! I think I might enter, too, actually, just for the heck of it, get other opinions on my project. But I'll still be pulling for martijn to win.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 76 queries.

anything