Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great Graphics Cleanup!  (Read 4111 times)

Great Graphics Cleanup!
« on: September 03, 2011, 09:15:59 pm »
The full state of the Graphics board is a mess. The task of making it better is daunting, but I have devised a way of handling the whole situation incrementally with the use of many members here. To this end, ZFGC is currently hiring global moderators to help deal with this. All that is requied is that you be competent, familiar with the content of the Graphics board, and willing to help out every now and then. Please post in this topic if you wish be a global moderator so you can help out.

At most three global moderators may be added. Members who have frequented the Graphics board may be preferred.

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
Re: Great Graphics Cleanup!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 09:36:00 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
I'd be up for it. I have very frequently visited the graphics board over the years, and would love to help. Could you elaborate on what you mean by "cleaning it up"? Do you mean to neatly organize everything, Create topics that link to other topics to categorize them, or what?

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 09:47:39 pm »
What exactly would you be expecting us to do?
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 10:14:05 pm »
To-do:
//Graphics Requests
 - Move all old request topics to Graphics Requests (DONE)
 - Sort through all old request topics to see which ones have their requests met or attempted to be met from those that aren't
   - ones with requests met or attempted to be met are locked and have their titles request tags changed to [Solved]
   - ones that don't have requests met are ones without replies or broken links that are no longer usable
 - Deleting all old request topics that have no requested content (I'll be doing this though)
 - Sorting remaining request topics into familiar categories for Zelda content
 - Going through that remaining Zelda content and eliminating duplicates
 - Formalizing the Graphics Requests board to have rules

//Graphics
 - Going through old topics to see which ones have broken links
 - (some stuff I haven't thought about yet)

That might look like a lot but really it is just divided into many steps that hopefully many moderators would be doing in tandem - i.e., each moderator would be going through about 10 topics on their own each step for things in Graphics Requests. Most of the sorting will start out as organizing the forum content and then once done we will do some further sort of site database solution.

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 10:26:38 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
I'd be down for it. :) Doesn't seem thhat bad actually.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 10:40:38 pm »
Seeing as I am back in college with full-time internet, I would be more than willing to help.  I do have previous experience cleaning up some of the old boards and have experience twice(if I remember correctly) as a Global Mod and also as one of the previous Directors of the KoT few years back.

You know what I have done in the past so if you think you could use my services again, I am up for it.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 11:52:23 pm »
I'm on the graphics board almost every single day, and I have been for the last few years solid. I would be more than willing to help out.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 12:09:25 am »
Neat. Rather than drawing this process out and making too tough of choices,  MaJoRa, Theforeshadower, King Tetiro, and Malonfan2012 are now global moderators (I said I'd hire 3 but everyone seems qualified). I'll be updating the topic in Moderation to update what stuff needs to helped out with (the number of topics in Graphics Requests has changed slightly, or more importantly you should read over the topic in Moderation dealing with Graphics Cleanup to see exactly what should be done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 52 queries.