Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windy's CMS has been rolled out  (Read 3222 times)

thestig

Windy's CMS has been rolled out
« on: March 26, 2012, 10:09:08 pm »
Hello,

I'm just announcing that Windy's CMS has been rolled out to http://zfgc.com/ finally. A couple of tweaks were required to make it work properly on SMF2(before it was talking to the SMF1 Database), including some issues that were quickly resolved. If there are any issues, please report them here.

Note: The CMS requires the forum themes to be somewhat "ported". I'll probably have that resolved momentarily as I come to understand Windy's system more.

- gm112

thestig

Re: Windy's CMS has been rolled out
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 12:41:11 am »
UPDATE: All themes have been updated to match the menu system Windy's CMS uses. If there are any errors affecting you, please post here immediately. Thank you.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Windy had the resources system because he hadn't converted the old DB over to the new one. I'm gonna do this tomorrow. When that happens, I'll re-enable the Resources area and everything should be good.

Once that is done, I will push out a special surprise for everyone! And then we'll have met feature parity of Infini's CMS, excluding the bugs. :3 Thus, marking this the first advancement ZFGC has made site-wise since 2008.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:47:34 am by gm112 »
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 06:08:43 am »
Not sure why but I have the forum set to midnight and the CMS is still displaying in kokiri.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

thestig

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 06:31:51 am »
Not sure why but I have the forum set to midnight and the CMS is still displaying in kokiri.

Note: The CMS requires the forum themes to be somewhat "ported". I'll probably have that resolved momentarily as I come to understand Windy's system more.
;P Windy hard-coded the setting to load up kikori. There were more higher-priority things to take care of than porting the themes around. Vaati(not Midnight) needs to be ported to the CMS. Don't worry, I am well aware of this and probably by tomorrow(or wednesday), I'll have the CMS fully stable with auto-theme loading.

I want to restore the Midnight Theme, anyways. Vaati doesn't cut it for me. ;p
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 02:07:15 pm »
Ah right you've only done the menus, I read that wrong :P

Yay!
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

thestig

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 03:41:13 pm »
Ah right you've only done the menus, I read that wrong :P
In terms of the themes, correct. Functionality wise, I've been checking the software for any potential security problems and have been implementing missing features. MOST of the CMS was finished already, but there was some stuff Windy didn't get around to implementing it looks like. Either that, or the code is merely disabled. Most likely it's missing since the tables aren't in the DB yet.

Yay!
:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 48 queries.