Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Here's a house. OMG house?! No wai!  (Read 1365 times)

Migokalle

Rawr, mah kitteh is mhain!
Here's a house. OMG house?! No wai!
« on: March 12, 2009, 01:00:18 pm »
A while ago, I made this house for use in my game: The Hylian Phoenix.
I haven't gotten to use it just yet though, as I'm working on some other projects... and I'd really like to see it in-use... so I thought: Why not?

http://users.sephiroth.ws/Migokalle/AkttH/house.png
The house has two floors, and features some railing from AlttP. (I was too lazy to make my own)

This was in fact made while I was pretty drunk. I spilled some cider on my laptop, which resulted in the loss of my precious wireless internet card. So therefore, I sat down and made some concepts, then I gave it texture.

There's a few small errors, like some perspective problems, but I don't think the average non-spriter is going to notice.

http://users.sephiroth.ws/Migokalle/AkttH/fountain.png
Along with the house, I made some other things, like a yet-to-be-finished fountain, (no water yet, sorry) and a few crates. The "Fed Ex" writing on them was actually a mistake at first, when a friend of mine (also a bit drunk) said "Aha, thai look laik fed ex!!! omgomg". I decided to make it a bit more clear about what it said, and volia (that how you say it? I should learn some French... cause it IS French, right? RIGHT?!).

You can get all this for UNDER 5 US Dollars! (The exact prize is: 0 US Dollars :O)

So, feel free to use it... all the tiles use the small 16 color palette included in the house.png.

I'd really like some feedback though. You can consider that as the prize, I guess. Haha.

--Robin
  • www.questcom.com
Re: Here's a house. OMG house?! No wai!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 10:24:28 pm »
Ooh really cool stuff and a pretty unique style too!
Hm... I should probably put something here...
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 07:00:06 am »
Thats a very unique style there, I quite like it. The house and the fountain both look great. My only criticism would be the house itself, more the colouring of it. Although you have picked a fantastic pallet I think that perhaps the blue is slightly overpowering for that house. The blue does fit in with the pallet, and admittedly looks rather nice. It's just a thought to consider.

Keep up the good work, it would be nice to see more of this style.
  • Elliott Parkinson

Migokalle

Rawr, mah kitteh is mhain!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 01:18:52 pm »
Yeah, you know, I noticed that actually. I made a version with "wooden panels", instead of the blue ones, but I've got that file on my laptop and I can't be bothered to open it.
Though, it shouldn't be too hard to recolor it... I mean, the palette is right there :P

Of course, a simple recolor wouldn't make it into a full wooden texture, but that's not really hard to do either.

Thanks though, to both of you :)
  • www.questcom.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 43 queries.