Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda II Data/Specifications?  (Read 1826 times)

N-Mario

Video Game Veteran
Zelda II Data/Specifications?
« on: October 02, 2011, 09:04:17 pm »
  • I like to design Video Games
Does anyone know where I can find, or have the data/specifications for movements in Zelda II? I'm kind of going to try to get stated to work on the platform engine part, and I was going to try to re-create the movement as close as possible. If I can't get the exact data, I suppose I could guess the movement?

There are only a few things I know though. When you jump upwards, you can only make up to 2 tile bricks. However, when you jump up forwards from walking, you can barely make up to 3 tiled bricks. There's also the jump magic which increases the jump, so I probably would need this data.
Not just the jump & walk data, but I would probably need info as to how many gaps across a jump I can do with, and w/o the jump magic spell.

As I said, if I don't have the specific data, I can probably guess from playing the game. I could probably guess the movement in game ticks or something. Although that probably wouldn't be accurate at all.
  • Gaming Universe
Re: Zelda II Data/Specifications?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 06:14:04 pm »
Start by finding a rom for your example game.
Aside from being able to check things for yourself it will also allow for slowmotion and taking screenshot.
Re: Zelda II Data/Specifications?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 03:52:59 am »
There's quite a bit of documentation for Zelda I, but for Zelda II you're looking at practically nothing. Theforeshadower is the resident Zelda II buff as far as I know, and he might have more to say on the subject.

There's a lot of information here: http://www.romhacking.net/games/753/
In skimming it, I don't see anything directly pertaining to character movement and what-have-you, but this should provide a little insight into the inner workings.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 04:04:28 am by Nabeshin »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 43 queries.

anything