Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Market Research] What do you look for in a mech combat game?  (Read 631 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
[Market Research] What do you look for in a mech...
« on: October 03, 2009, 09:27:15 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
We've all played games like Mech Warrior, Armored Core, and even Custom Robo. My question is- What do you look for when you get these games?

Do you focus on your ability to customize, the level of control you have over your mech, the action speed, Or even how easy it is to learn?

I'm curious to hear what everyone's expectations are towards games like these. Anything and everything you look for with this genre.

For me, the biggest "seller" is the level of customization. Armored Core has always offered limitless possibilities. Second only to customization is the level of control you have. I want to be able to control every aspect of my mech, regardless of how tough the controls are. It gives me a senes of accomplishment to control something so difficult and make it seem like I'm doing it with ease.

Another major seller for me are things like the Arena in AC. The ability to keep climbing up the ranks as an alternative to the main story mode. While games like Mech Warrior offer customization, they've never really had a decent alternative to the story mode.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 09:31:52 am by Mamoruanime »
Re: [Market Research] What do you look for in a ...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 02:46:30 pm »
Customization is definitely a good aspect in a game, but I also would like it very much if you just could play instant action in arcade style. It shouldn't be overloaded with guns, where you can put the heaviest blasters and rocket launcher that make the big bangs and huge ass explosions. Some sort of hand to hand combat or sword fighting mecha are really a nice addition to the game. Mobile Suit Gundam is a nice example of a really good mecha. They are diverse. Some are completely focused on swords, hand combat and acrobatics and some mechas are overloaded with highpowered guns. You've got them in all sorts.

I would also like it, if I could switch between first person view (like sitting in a cockpit) and third person view (looking from behind over your mechas shoulder). But most of all I want the controller to act much like the controls in a mecha.

For a story, I would have to think about that for a while.
Re: [Market Research] What do you look for in a ...
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 04:50:38 pm »
Customization is probably the biggest part for me. I love making different combination and badass looking robots.

Arenas shouldn't be really fun to traverse too. Don't make them insanely huge and it takes like 15 minutes to get across the stage, but big enough to have sweet sniper battles. And of course some decently small ones for 1 v 1 matches.

That's all I can really think of at the moment.
  • https://colbydude.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 44 queries.

anything