Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OoT 3DS Adult Link 2D LttP Style or something(Walking added)  (Read 4608 times)

OoT 3DS Adult Link 2D LttP Style or something(Wa...
« on: October 02, 2010, 05:49:42 am »
Taking a break from Myth for a little bit so I can just focus on sprites and mapping/layout.  I have only stopped coding but everything else is moving along.  To work on my spriting, I decided to make an LttP style adult link inspired from the more colorful Adult Link in the new OoT 3DS.  Which I have to say, looks great and reminds me of Link from Soul Calibur II.

Anyway, the sprite uses the Minish Cap palette to reflect the brighter colors of OoT 3DS.  The only thing that still uses the LttP colors is Link's skin colors as I liked them as they were.

C+C  This is my first try at LttP style.  Going to work on walking animations to see how it looks in motion.  Might throw some mock-ups together with the OoT 2D Map Project.

EDIT: Fixed the boots and made the walking animation.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 06:38:11 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: OoT 3DS Adult Link 2D LttP Style or somethin...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 06:38:36 am »
Forgive me for saying this but the 3DS version is just a bit higher poly count. Nothing has changed on his appearance. And if the screens might look brighter it is because the colors on a handheld game always end up darker, due to the screen not having as much juice as a TV.

On-topic: It looks nice, from what I can see.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 06:43:44 am »
Forgive me for saying this but the 3DS version is just a bit higher poly count. Nothing has changed on his appearance. And if the screens might look brighter it is because the colors on a handheld game always end up darker, due to the screen not having as much juice as a TV.

On-topic: It looks nice, from what I can see.
The higher poly count changes his appearance by making it more detailed.  Take this for example:

Now go look at Link's original in-game OoT appearance.  There are some substantial difference between the new look and the old look.
Here's a link for more photos between OoT and the 3DS version.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=117020
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 06:49:43 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 06:47:20 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Aside from texture detail and a higher poly count, I only see the strap for his hilt and a popped collar :x

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 06:57:01 am »
Aside from texture detail and a higher poly count, I only see the strap for his hilt and a popped collar :x

Still means it has changed.  
And I never said the style changed.  I just called it OoT 3DS style since it has more detail and is more colorful.

Regardless, this topic is about my sprites and if they suck or not.  Not OoT <> OoT 3DS.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 08:32:28 am »
There is not too much difference between the 3DS Link and the orginal n64 one. Saying that, this is not what the topic is about, the topic is about the fact that he has created the 3DS one.

On that basis I think you have done a rather good job, the colours look good and you have added in the extra details. One thing I might say however is that the hair does not match the 3DS Links, though I must admit with such little space making it match would be a huge hassle, and what you have now works.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 03:05:16 pm »
Hmm, I just noticed this. Maybe because it is due to the walking animation. But you added Link's shadow to the sprite? And does he kick his feet to the side while walking?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 03:29:53 pm by Niek »
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 01:06:58 am »
Hmm, I just noticed this. Maybe because it is due to the walking animation. But you added Link's shadow to the sprite? And does he kick his feet to the side while walking?
Hmm, I see what you mean about the feet.  It is a straight edit from Link LttP.  Don't know why it's giving the illusion of him kicking his feet.
The shadow had been there.  It's the same shadow from this sheet
http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/zeldalinkpast/sheet/7584
That's the sheet I have been using unless someone wants to point out another.

Maybe I have it in the wrong order?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 01:14:45 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 02:58:12 am »
Here's a go at Link facing up
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 05:01:50 pm »
The shadow had been there.  It's the same shadow from this sheet
http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/zeldalinkpast/sheet/7584
That's the sheet I have been using unless someone wants to point out another.
Yeah, that is why I don't like the resources from spriters resource. They are a good indication for ripping your own stuff, but they have to much added to the sheets. When I would want resources for a game I like stuff disconnected in manageable chunks. Thus the Link sprite separated from weapons and shadow. When the shadow is attached to Link it can't be used to have Link walk over stuff like shallow water.

I would remove the shadow, unless you are just making it to look pretty and not as a usable resource for a possible future game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 58 queries.