Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: DJ Venom administrator?  (Read 10122 times)

Re: DJ Venom administrator?
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2007, 11:49:06 pm »
Congrats DJ.

The only beef I have with this, is that, there are qualified people here that have been waiting for their chance to admin.  One guy comes back from being away.  He is given his status back even though people have been told there is no need for more admins.<_<....ummm....okay.
The thing is though, he's already had experiance here so the staff know he's capable of the job. Its nothing to do with favoritism.

I mean, if you wanted to hire somebody, who would you choose? A person with little to no experiance or one who has previously worked for you who you know is highly capable of the job that needs doing.
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2007, 11:50:17 pm »
Well, you can't get job experience without first doing the job. Or being an intern, but who's ever heard of mod/admin internship?
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2007, 11:51:57 pm »
  • n___n
Congrats DJ.

The only beef I have with this, is that, there are qualified people here that have been waiting for their chance to admin.  One guy comes back from being away.  He is given his status back even though people have been told there is no need for more admins.<_<....ummm....okay.

No. No one "waits" to be admin. That's like me "waiting" to become president of the USA. It doesn't just happen to you. You have to earn it. And if you thought you'd recieve administrative, nay, even mod powers, then guess again.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2007, 11:52:53 pm »
Well, you can't get job experience without first doing the job. Or being an intern, but who's ever heard of mod/admin internship?
Yes thats one of the problems. Its also one of the reasons why adminship tends to revolve around the same select group of people people. The best advise really is to show your capable of it in any high-profile posts you make and make the staff aware that your 'up' for the job (though, being a pest dosen't help much). Just look at me, took me several YEARS of 'mature' (*cough*) posts to gain adminship, its not even that fun either :S.

No. No one "waits" to be admin. That's like me "waiting" to become president of the USA. It doesn't just happen to you. You have to earn it. And if you thought you'd recieve administrative, nay, even mod powers, then guess again.
Good example :P.
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2007, 11:54:10 pm »
Congrats DJ.

The thing is though, he's already had experiance here so the staff know he's capable of the job. Its nothing to do with favoritism.

I mean, if you wanted to hire somebody, who would you choose? A person with little to no experiance or one who has previously worked for you who you know is highly capable of the job that needs doing.

It's not about that.  I agree 100% with you.  But, when it has been stated that there are no openings and then you see someone else get the "job" so to speak, that's not right.  I don't care if he has done it before and is good.  If there are no positions, then there are no positions.  You are making a double standard, I guess you could say.  Or, say, it's one way for this guy, but it's another for this guy.  I have nothing against DJ.  I think he is an awesome admin.  But, there were no positions available, so why did he get the position?
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2007, 11:56:02 pm »
Yes thats one of the problems. Its also one of the reasons why adminship tends to revolve around the same select group of people people. The best advise really is to show your capable of it in any high-profile posts you make and make the staff aware that your 'up' for the job (though, being a pest dosen't help much). Just look at me, took me several YEARS of 'mature' (*cough*) posts to gain adminship, its not even that fun either :S.
I enjoyed my 5 day modship, but that's me, I guess. Well, I think DJ is pretty fit for the job. He was a kickass admin back in the day, and shall be for a while more, I hope.
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2007, 11:56:36 pm »
Congrats DJ.

It's not about that.  I agree 100% with you.  But, when it has been stated that there are no openings and then you see someone else get the "job" so to speak, that's not right.  I don't care if he has done it before and is good.  If there are no positions, then there are no positions.  You are making a double standard, I guess you could say.  Or, say, it's one way for this guy, but it's another for this guy.  I have nothing against DJ.  I think he is an awesome admin.  But, there were no positions available, so why did he get the position?
This isn't a professional company, there are no 'positions'. Its really just a matter of choice for the staff to decide if they want or need any more. Besides its unlikly they would directly say they have 'positions' available as it would just result in a ton of people pestering them. From my admin experiance here hiring tends to be done behind the scenes at a low-profile.

I enjoyed my 5 day modship, but that's me, I guess. Well, I think DJ is pretty fit for the job. He was a kickass admin back in the day, and shall be for a while more, I hope.
Not as fun after several months of people bitching at you :P. Trust me.
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2007, 12:02:58 am »
Aww... Infinitus, I've always like you as an admin. XD
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2007, 12:04:42 am »
Aww... Infinitus, I've always like you as an admin. XD
<3 You :P
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2007, 12:05:55 am »
If one more person complains out DJ being an admin then I'll become an admin.

I'm serious.
Don't test me bitches.

Oh yeah, <3 Infi.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2007, 12:20:39 am »
holy !@#$%, you whiners and complainers are amazing.
DJvenom being admin is fairer than you being alive, if you think there's something to complain about, just shut the !@#$% up because if you see a problem here- you are the god damn problem.
congrats dj
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2007, 12:36:38 am »
Admin...  wtf!?!?
Forever the king of ZFGC.

- also -

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

This signature was crashed by Kirby. metal if you have a problem...f you :P
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2007, 12:45:32 am »
Admin...  wtf!?!?
Sometimes I wonder why I enjoy this place so much...

Oh yah, Mods are funny.

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2007, 01:18:37 am »
It isn't about who is most qualified, it is just who is in the circle.

Why don't you send your resume my way and we'll decide how qualified you are to !@#$% about not being an admin here, hmm?

DJ's experienced and is a great guy, and anybody talking smack doesn't know him or is jealous of him.

No, I'm a bit jealous >:O

Yeah, I rest my case.

That's like me "waiting" to become president of the USA.

Try not to compare politics with internet forums, because the two are nothing alike. Running for president of the USA involves amassing huge sums of money and getting on TV as much as possible. Becoming an admin involves... Well, I honestly shouldn't say what you need to do to become an admin, it could be potentially bad. Just know that it's not getting on TV ;p

Admin...  wtf!?!?

Where have you been? Post moar plx
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 01:24:35 am by BuffaloBurgers »

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

COLORADO 27 - OKLAHOMA 24
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2007, 01:59:30 am »
DJ PWNS NUFF SAID.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2007, 02:01:35 am »
  • :3
I'm fine with it. DJVenom's cool, and was an Admin before. Now QFT this thread has no purpose. He's an Admin, and that's not gonna change.

Also,

DJ PWNS NUFF SAID.
Gannon-banned brother.

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2007, 02:18:44 am »
btw guys, I like Starfox. It's a great game. DJ likes it a lot too.

If you catch my drift...

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

COLORADO 27 - OKLAHOMA 24

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2007, 04:12:50 am »
If one more person complains out DJ being an admin then I'll become an admin.

I'm serious.
Don't test me bitches.

That's about as likely as me becoming a mod.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 04:14:36 am by Swiftu »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2007, 04:19:40 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
DJ 4 God,
Mammy 4 Vice-God lol
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2007, 07:05:07 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Dude, gongrats! It seems things will be changing around here.
But enough from that. Heres your old crown, I've been polishing it for your return.
"You can not deny the return of the king!"

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 74 queries.

anything