Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Organization Changes  (Read 21854 times)

Re: Organization Changes
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2008, 09:30:10 pm »
"How do I appease the damage I've done to the community" -- What is the resolve, how do I fix it? What is lacking?
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2008, 09:35:25 pm »
"How do I appease the damage I've done to the community" -- What is the resolve, how do I fix it? What is lacking?

put the off topic boards back. That's the only damage I've seen done to the community- though I understand it was to make the fan gaming boards more used. But why would anyone who posted in the off-topic boards exclusively just randomly start posting in fan games? It seems like you just want to push them away- even if they've been here for years. I've been feeling that attitude for a while now, and it needs to stop.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2008, 09:37:19 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
^ http://www.zfgc.com/chat

Wanna talk about nothing? Come here. Wanna do something meaningful on the forums? Use the appropriated board.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited

Pyrazor

PUMP UP DA JAMS!
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2008, 09:38:30 pm »
  • OH LARD IZ PORKCHOP, BUST OUT DA HAPPY SNACKS
Definitely agree with wally, also you people realize Vash intends CS to be used in the manner of the old CS and a less spammy OT?

I C'Z U

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2008, 09:39:58 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
This is seriously getting annoying. It isn't a big "!@#$% you" to the members who apparently devoted themselves to boards like, "Other Discussion". It's more of a "let's try and help those who are fangaming but giving them some input". Also, as wally keeps saying, there's a CHAT ROOM. ALSO there's Community Speak.

Seriously, why does there have to be such a huge shitfit?
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2008, 09:40:01 pm »
I don't see what Off-Topic did for the community, or how topics that aren't pure spam couldn't just be posted in Community Speak? You're only loss is Advertisements and Forum Games, that's really what I'm getting at.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2008, 09:41:33 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Next time, I think it is wise to not have community input.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2008, 09:45:04 pm »
but seriously this place is 95% fangaming and maybe 5% general discussion- and most of the posts are in general discussion, and you want to get rid of more of those areas? That's totally helping the community.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2008, 09:47:15 pm »

Wanna talk about nothing? Come here. Wanna do something meaningful on the forums? Use the appropriated board.

No why should I start learning to use IRC when I was quite happy with the way things were before.

Vash, Min answered the question for me.

This is seriously getting annoying. It isn't a big "!@#$% you" to the members who apparently devoted themselves to boards like, "Other Discussion".

Re-read his first post. He apparantly doesn't want the community to be around...

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2008, 09:48:44 pm »
  • Xiphirx
but seriously this place is 25% fangaming and maybe 75% general discussion- and most of the posts are in general discussion, and you want to get rid of more of those areas? That's totally helping the community.

Fixed. Seriously. There are about 3 active projects currently, and about a hundred active discussions.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2008, 09:49:50 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
No why should I start learning to use IRC when I was quite happy with the way things were before.

Yeah because using IRC takes skill, talent, and years of learning.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2008, 09:50:32 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com

This is seriously getting annoying. It isn't a big "!@#$% you" to the members who apparently devoted themselves to boards like, "Other Discussion".

Re-read his first post. He apparantly doesn't want the community to be around...

I did. And I re-read several of his posts. It's not my fault you can't comprehend that COMMUNITY SPEAK is still up and he just wants us to help out more with fangaming and suggesting ideas.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2008, 09:51:09 pm »
How to use IRC:
Step 1: Enter Text into Line
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Press enter and profit

If you really wanna be an advanced user

Change your nick:
/nick Newnicknamegoeshere
* walnut100 text goes here *
Ctrl + K Pick a color then type text for colored text
Ctrl + B Bold

Tough stuff.

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2008, 09:56:10 pm »
This is seriously getting annoying. It isn't a big "!@#$% you" to the members who apparently devoted themselves to boards like, "Other Discussion". It's more of a "let's try and help those who are fangaming but giving them some input". Also, as wally keeps saying, there's a CHAT ROOM. ALSO there's Community Speak.

Seriously, why does there have to be such a huge shitfit?

Read the first post, Vash said if you're not here to play those games or develop those games, we really feel you have no purpose here.

That's the "!@#$% you" part.

Point is, there really was no reason to remove Off Topic. Community Speak was usually used for more important type topics, Off topic was usually used for less important things and topics that didn't fit anywhere else. If i didn't download Demo's and look at WIP games before, i'm certainly not gonna do it because Off topic was taken out. It won't change anything.

Also, a chatroom is basically for random !@#$%, not "Off topic" posting, stop trying to make the chatroom for active nutmeg XD

« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2008, 09:57:18 pm »

Yeah because using IRC takes skill, talent, and years of learning.

Or you know, Interest. I have no interest in IRC what so ever.

I did. And I re-read several of his posts. It's not my fault you can't comprehend that COMMUNITY SPEAK is still up and he just wants us to help out more with fangaming and suggesting ideas.

What I cant comprehend is why he's so willing to destroy the community.
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2008, 10:02:12 pm »
  • *whistle*
but seriously this place is 25% fangaming and maybe 75% general discussion- and most of the posts are in general discussion, and you want to get rid of more of those areas? That's totally helping the community.

Fixed. Seriously. There are about 3 active projects currently, and about a hundred active discussions.

Try four. Or five.

But yeah, mostly inane conversation. I'm involved in one of those five projects (<__<) but more involved in natter than work.
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2008, 10:02:32 pm »
The community boards seem to still be functioning to me. Ken isn't here  by the way, Bunny is Kesha.

I don't see why we need the Other Discussion board.

Thanks for pointing out what I said there FISSURE, it was a bit of a !@#$%-off, but it was a bit more angled towards people who don't bring anything to the forum.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2008, 10:03:21 pm »

I was pointing out the layout, forums, etc. Have you even looked at ZFGC? There's always been tons of fangaming forums and very little community ones. And with the site, there's even more dedication to fan games. Why do you guys hate the community sections so much?

Thanks for pointing out what I said there FISSURE, it was a bit of a !@#$%-off, but it was a bit more angled towards people who don't bring anything to the forum.
exactly what I'm talking about in the attitude towards nonfangaming community members.

Come on, is that really how you should be looking at your community?
  • Google Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2008, 10:08:02 pm »
The community boards seem to still be functioning to me. Ken isn't here  by the way, Bunny is Kesha.
I get confused to easily with the members here >_<

I don't see why we need the Other Discussion board.
Because, it'd keep community related topics separate to non community related topics. Sure it may not sound like much but it keeps things neater, which seems to be one of your goals. Correct?

I'm beginning to feel I misinterpreted what you originally meant by it.

« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2008, 10:08:50 pm »
What I cant comprehend is why he's so willing to destroy the community.

This is all I'm seeing from everyone complaining. Its not a big change.

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.356 seconds with 74 queries.

anything