Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Organization Changes  (Read 21677 times)

Re: Organization Changes
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2008, 10:10:31 pm »
What I cant comprehend is why he's so willing to destroy the community.

This is all I'm seeing from everyone complaining. Its not a big change.

Yes it is, Its shutting the door on a vast amount of this community...
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2008, 10:10:55 pm »
It really isn't that big of a change.

I took the past two day's topics from OD and dropped them into CS. Most of them could have easily fit into CS, by definition.

Debates has been stagnate since the 12th, the last post before that was 11-30.. that board is dead.

Forum Games is just complete idiocy.. I suppose it could be added back if there was enough demand for it.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2008, 10:13:21 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
Right, taking away a redundant board is killing the community. I'm stopping the argument here, no more trolling in the chat or in this topic or else people are gonna start getting suspensions. If you have issue submit a feedback ticket.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2008, 10:16:46 pm »
It really isn't that big of a change.

Yes it is, Its shutting the door on a vast amount of this community...

I took the past two day's topics from OD and dropped them into CS. Most of them could have easily fit into CS, by definition.

Debates has been stagnate since the 12th, the last post before that was 11-30.. that board is dead.

Forum Games is just complete idiocy.. I suppose it could be added back if there was enough demand for it.

Forum Games was pretty much just spam. Never liked the idea of it.

Debatable subjects, admittedly don't come up that often, but it was a fun part of the community. I have a few ideas for debatable subjects...
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2008, 10:20:24 pm »
Post them in CS as long as they stay civil.. slap [Debate] In front of it.

We had FAR too many boards for stuff that didn't happen to often..

OD had a lot of spam, but it also had a lot of topics that had content, most of those topics could be stretched to CS.

Fissure was trolling in the chat earlier and mentioned something along the lines of "How cold is it in your area" <-- While it's definitely OFF topic, it's also community based, since we put LIFE experiences and stories in CS. Not only is it personal but it engages the community too.. so how is it not community discussion?
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2008, 10:22:49 pm »
Post them in CS as long as they stay civil.. slap [Debate] In front of it.

We had FAR too many boards for stuff that didn't happen to often..

OD had a lot of spam, but it also had a lot of topics that had content, most of those topics could be stretched to CS.

Fissure was trolling in the chat earlier and mentioned something along the lines of "How cold is it in your area" <-- While it's definitely OFF topic, it's also community based, since we put LIFE experiences and stories in CS. Not only is it personal but it engages the community too.. so how is it not community discussion?

Trolling, nah vashy, i was following what nutmeg said to do ;), But this isn't really the place to discuss that.

Also, coolness about moving some of the OT stuff into CS.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2008, 10:30:50 pm »
  • The Mike
They're alright. No real harm done at all.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2008, 12:00:04 am »
You each have a talent you can apply to the development of a game. Even ideas you have; post them if you have them.

I like how people are complaining about OMG the communities changing, we're not into development were not wanted here, when clearly this quoted section says otherwise. If they can't submit even that well...............
Thanks for pointing out what I said there FISSURE, it was a bit of a !@#$%-off, but it was a bit more angled towards people who don't bring anything to the forum.
xbox live: kirkking look me up!

your Romanian Captain Kirk speaking....yes i said Romanian....
dang it doesn't sound near as impressive on a worldwide board, than in a class of all Oklahomans, lol

-The non DJ Jordan.

When life gives you lemons, THROW THEM BACK AND DEMAND LIMES!"
thomas combs

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2008, 12:16:38 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Changing CS into more of a "General discussion" was already pitched, and I see that happening. CS and OD were the same thing. One just came across as more of a pointless posts board. People saying this is the death of ZFGC need to leave immediately. Removing a board that was full of troll topics, and serious topics that were trolled is not a bad thing. As for any other changes, you might wanna give it a few before you start saying they're a failure.

As walnut stated, #ZFGC (our chatroom) is always a fun place to interact with other ZFGCers in a different environment. Rules are there, but you wont get topics deleted for saying /me farts!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2008, 01:35:00 am »
I am sorely tempted to leave. Just when I was getting used to everything... As an aside, what gives with the typing-box text being so bloated?

If you're wondering about the I'm Sorry, that's aimed at TFW2005, for all the good it does.

Collided Worlds on indefinite hiatus due to being in need of heavy rewrites. I am instead working on some smaller crossovers, such as a My Little Pony and Power Rangers crossover.

Brony
  • Linkosaurus Forums
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2008, 01:39:55 am »
I don't see why anyone should leave unless both CS and/or Gaming and Entertainment are gone. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that. I don't know.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2008, 02:02:45 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
You're not the only one. It's childish to leave a forum just because for the time being you cant post in Other Discussion. There are still plenty of other forums to post in! Ive also noted a surge in user-submitted content already, between sprites, and music...
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2008, 02:08:32 am »
You're not the only one. It's childish to leave a forum just because for the time being you cant post in Other Discussion. There are still plenty of other forums to post in! Ive also noted a surge in user-submitted content already, between sprites, and music...

The first part of your post was fine, but the second part is a fallacy - correlation does not imply causation.
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2008, 02:15:18 am »
Btw I accidentally deleted a significant portion of the development discussion board when trying to merge it with resource discussions. The first four or five pages transferred over fine though.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2008, 02:16:32 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
The first part of your post was fine, but the second part is a fallacy - correlation does not imply causation.
This is the first time in months that I have checked Audio and graphics forums, and within 10 minutes there were new replies or topics. I'm just saying, less trafficked forums are getting a bit more. It's not like millions of resources were submitted.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2008, 02:21:32 am »
Not a place to fight children.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2008, 02:26:47 am »
Yeah, and there have been replies and new topics created there when you were not in there.  You're making a stretch, it remains to be seen if the traffic will improve over time and be sustainable. 

Not a place to fight children.

Please don't talk down to me or anyone like that.  And I am not fighting, just making a point that stands to logic.  Inferences cannot be made from day one.  I would hope that an increase in traffic would be the outcome, I just don't like it when people make bold predictions over things that cannot be known so initially.
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2008, 02:33:39 am »
Neither of you should be acting like kids. :p He was sharing an observation he felt he saw, it was nothing agreeable or disagreeable.. It really didn't even need a reply aside from "Oh, really?"
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2008, 02:37:57 am »
I think this forum really needs to find its purpose for existence again.  Its not supposed to be a general discussion/anything goes forum.  

I understand that this is a change for those who didn't contribute to the main point of this forum's existence, but if these complaints are truly about the health of the "community", why aren't you not only NOT going out there and contributing to the purpose of this "community", but instead trying to pry it away from its purpose?  Does that make sense?

Daniel/TRM started this board back in the day to discuss and work on zelda fan games.  It has come to the point where it is 80%+ off topic and only about 10% Game development -- the remainder is various things in there that fall under both.  Off topic is actually healthy for a community when the concentration is too high the other way, but it should never be the focus for a forum that is not intended to be an off topic/general discussion forum.

Nobody is going to hold you guys to one forum.  Believe me, a seperate forum, completely unrelated from ZFGC, dedicated to off topic discussion, and ran by someone else, will be much more successful and FUN than one here that is going to kill an otherwise talented fan game forum.  If you want to be immature and take that as "don't like it? GTFO", then, well, whatever, it is your loss, not mine.  Blunt, but honest.  If you don't like the fact that this forum is going to focus on its main point for being here, then perhaps that is for the best.  I'm not saying the people involved thereof aren't good people or otherwise, and i would consider a few friends, but I see a very parasitic two way split in direction here that currently can't coexist without both killing each other.

Forums in general should be primarily about their niche in whatever they're in.  If they aren't, then they will never grow or become anything in their niche.  Such forums don't normally last very long.

This post isn't pointed at anyone in particular.  There's no point in attacking anyone in particular here.  
Forever the king of ZFGC.

- also -

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~

This signature was crashed by Kirby. metal if you have a problem...f you :P
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2008, 02:47:46 am »
I meant that I had just gotten used to everything being the way it was and then it changed again. I'll ask my question a second time, because I didn't get an answer: what gives with the typing-box text being so bloated? Everything's gone all wonky. I had to refresh the site twice just to get the controls to appear.

If you're wondering about the I'm Sorry, that's aimed at TFW2005, for all the good it does.

Collided Worlds on indefinite hiatus due to being in need of heavy rewrites. I am instead working on some smaller crossovers, such as a My Little Pony and Power Rangers crossover.

Brony
  • Linkosaurus Forums
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 77 queries.

anything