Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Come join, open-beta, free, free after beta, etc :D  (Read 1579 times)

Path of Exile - Come join, open-beta, free, free...
« on: March 07, 2013, 04:54:42 pm »
As some of you may know, I love a RPGS - Diablo, Diablo 2, Titan Quest, Torchlight, etc.

Last week, I signed-up for a free account for Path of Exile (pathofexile.com) and am loving the game.
It's being developed for Grinding Gear Games and is their first indie-endeavor as far as I know.
The game is amazingly deep in customization.  Thought Diablo 3 was shallow so you quit?(I know some of you did as I have your real IDs and you played the game through once XD)Give PoE a try.

The skill/magic system is awesome.  Picture the materia system from Final Fantasy 7 but in a Diablo game...not only that, but your gear can link 6 slots...6 SLOTS.  That means you could do anything:  Flame Arrows that split on impact, chain after impact(means hit 2 more times after first hit), shoot faster, give life on hit, and have increased critical damage.  Don't like that?  Then you could have Poison Arrows and Flame Arrows both supported by chain, crit chance, increase item rarity, and attack speed.

Only your imagination is the limit.  Weapons and armor can roll 6 slots, everything else can roll 4.
This is NOT an arcade style aRPG like Diablo 3.  Try building for all DPS and you WILL die alot.  That's where the passive tree comes in.

Ever play Final Fantasy X?  Remember that pretty cool skill tree everytime you leveled up?  Path of Exile has a similar system for the passive tree.
Everytime you level up(upto level 99) or complete some specific quest, you get passive points.  These passives can be used on the tree to advance a class into anything.  DEX, STR, INT, Attack, Speed, dam with specific weapons, increases to crit, specific abilties get boosted, take away your mana and instead use hp to cast, increase minions, summon totems that cast your spells for you but now you cant cast the spells directly, etc.

So many choices. it's !@#$% awesome.

Seriously, you guys should really give it a go.  It's free for life(only cosmetics or extra stash tabs and such can be bought but you get 4 tabs that are huge) and none of that your-gear-is-your-own !@#$%.  Whenever a skill gem or rare or higher is dropped during team play, it has a timer on it.  You don't pick it up after 3 seconds, it's free for all.   Be on your toes :D

Anyway, it's only 5gb or so and they run ladders for the season every day it seems, so the game is never dull.

tl;dr
PoE is amazing.  Come play :)
Add me InMemorium or just look for someone named Noob Saibot in some variation in global chat(yes GLOBAL, not that retarded 99 people !@#$% like Blizzard did with Diablo 3 and it is moderated) in Hardcore or in the ladders.

Hope to see you guys soon :D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 05:05:46 pm by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: Path of Exile - Come join, open-beta, free, ...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 07:38:10 pm »
No one likes free games that are actually good?  :(
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 07:43:15 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I honestly haven't been able to check it out yet, I've been busy as hell being a one man dev team, and school and such. I'll try to check it out later.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 08:49:32 pm »
I have enjoyed this game far more than Diablo 3 :)
Forever the king of ZFGC.

- also -

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

This signature was crashed by Kirby. metal if you have a problem...f you :P

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 09:10:57 pm »
  • I'm Pro!
I'd like to check it out but I have enough games to play atm haha. Does look great though.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 05:42:40 am »
I tried it when the beta first started. I got bored once the starter enemies on the beach almost kicked my ass

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 09:40:24 pm »
I tried it when the beta first started. I got bored once the starter enemies on the beach almost kicked my ass
Stop being bad?  XD  It really isn't a game for the casual crowd.(Don't know if you are a casual or not Fissure <3 )
Casuals have tried to get GGG(the company) to nerf the game and kick out the "no-lifers" from the ladder races but it isn't going to happen. 
It is a difficult aRPg to be sure.  I had to stop on Hardcore at 57 and play another character as my build was
survival mixed with crit chance and no dps which sucks a little on bosses as I can't output enough damage.

The game is loads of fun at higher levels where you start mixing gems together to form exciting spells and such.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 52 queries.