Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some of my 3D work (some of it is Zelda related)  (Read 1776 times)

Some of my 3D work (some of it is Zelda related)
« on: November 21, 2007, 04:07:41 am »
This is a Centaur model that I just finished (like last week):

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/legendarylugi/Showcasewithhands.jpg

And today I just finished UV mapping him. XD Good thing too, because since I have Thanksgiving off, I won’t be able to work on him again until next week, so I'm glad I was able to get that done.

I'm thinking about eventually modifying him into a Lynel, from Zelda. That would be killer.  XD

And now for some Zelda related models (albeit unfinished):

Here is an unfinished Majora’s Mask model I did in the free version of the software I use.

http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/legendarylugi/?action=view&current=MajorasMaskvid.flv

Here is an unfinished Deku.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/legendarylugi/DekuScrub.jpg

And, for poops and giggles, here's a picture of where I photoshopped Tingle’s head onto a Zora xD:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/legendarylugi/Zingle.jpg
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 06:02:53 am by legendarylugi »
Re: Some of my 3D work (some of it is Zelda rela...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 06:24:00 am »
  • Formerly P_C_G
hi you probably dont recognise me seeing as i dont remember you at all but even if i did you still wouldnt remember im much to quiet sneaky and ninja like to be remembered anyway nice models really good i suggest that you keep moving in the direction that your going your better than i am and i plan on doing this stuff for a job just gotta get to modelling in school errgghh dumb photoshop class has to come before stupid modelling and animation anyways yeah you should download Blender its gotten way better than what it used to be and its always being updated and best of all ITS FREE!!!!! thats right the full version you get everything the ability to render animations without Stupid watermarks everything at http://www.blender.org just look at the gallery thing there too good stuff but yeah hopefully well see more stuff from you this is like the first ive posted in like 8 months i think im getting all my locked up nerdy postiness all over your thread ill go now and just like a sneaky ninja
(poof)............(pretend it got all smoky and i disappear ok).................
I am not new i just poke my head in from time to time

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 10:54:19 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
bah please dont blatantly advertise lol Especially to someone with Maya (<3 my Maya... and 3dstudioMax...)... <_< and run on sentences are bad! lol BUT!

Nice models ^_^ I like the MM model best though; its low poly, and effective for game dev :D
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 05:41:07 pm »
^^^Yeah, I like the MM one too.  XD All I'd have to do is soften the normals and he'd be ready (but I left the normals hard so people could see his structure). But if you notice, the inside of the mask is a little flat. After I made that clip (ages ago) I pushed those vertices in more so it looked better, but now I don't have that file anymore...so I can't show you.

Unfortunately, my MM's NOT exactly suitable for game development. As a model, yes, but as a file, no. As I said, that was made in the free version, and you can't export in the free version or make it into any file that can be taken out of the program.

I prefer Maya Unlimited to the highest degree. Even though the free version is similar, you can't use it for more than practice (only saves in a non-commercial file format with no export feature).

I tried Blender once, but I couldn't figure out its UI at all. Maya is MUCH cleaner.

EDIT: I don't actually OWN Maya, just at school. But I used to use the free trial version at home, but I got rid of it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 05:53:43 pm by legendarylugi »
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 06:38:16 am »
I really like the spinning Majora's mask. :)

But uh.. that Zora Tingle.... is really scary...
Hm... I should probably put something here...

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 06:59:01 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
:D I own Maya 7 Unlimited and 3dStudioMax 6 :o great tools; Actually, I flip flop between the two a lot- I love maya's UV tools; I havent played with 3dStudio's much... tight butthole I cant find the simplest of UV editors in 3dstudio ;s (though Blizzard has a NICE one I cant find >_<)... But yeah :P...
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 11:24:56 am »
^^^I work with Maya 8.5 Unlimited in school.

I had every intention of buying a copy of the program, but now I no longer own a computer to put it on, so....

I'll have to wait until I get a computer of my own again before I spend money on the program.
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 04:10:42 pm »
^^^I work with Maya 8.5 Unlimited in school.

I had every intention of buying a copy of the program, but now I no longer own a computer to put it on, so....

I'll have to wait until I get a computer of my own again before I spend money on the program.
*Cough* Did you know that you can get the program for free with a few clicks and a torrent program? *Cough*

Anyway nice models! make more.  :)

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 04:53:24 pm »
  • Fear my Blades
Hmm... That Centaur model looks awfully familiar, you wouldn't happen to go to the School of Communication Arts would you?  Maybe not, I think they're still using Maya 7.

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 09:32:30 pm »
^^^Lol, no, I'm a highschool student (a Junior, actually).  ;) I'm not even in college yet.

EDIT: Hyrule_boy, I'd rather get the program LEGALLY.  :P And there's really no way to legally get Maya 8.5 for free. Sure, the Personal Learner's Edition is free, but it also can't be used for what I need...namely sharing files in different formats, or rendering without a watermark (or rendering with any real quality, for that matter).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 09:36:19 pm by legendarylugi »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.271 seconds with 58 queries.