Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wtf halo, i mean rly.  (Read 2393 times)

wtf halo, i mean rly.
« on: June 25, 2007, 06:31:14 pm »
  • n___n
Halo = the most overhyped game of ALL TIME, EVER. I played it. It was good. Nothing extraordinary. Nothing new, nothing I haven't seen before. Nice music, great story. Will someone please tell me how Halo is innovative?

It controlled like any other FPS. You could run, jump, shoot, sometimes operate vehicles (while this wasn't common in FPS games, it wasn't anything special) and play cooperatively (again, co-op has existed since the (S)NES, this is just co-op with prettier graphics in a different game genre). Shield regeneration = innovation? AH! In a world where that's considered to be true, then MY PENIS = CHICK MAGNET! (ha, burned myself on that one, lol) Honestly, shield regeneration is nothing new. And it's hardly innovative. Without sounding like a douchebag fanboy, motion and touch sensitive controls are innovative (even Sony's version).

I understand that Halo 2 was a good game for the sequel and expansion upon the good story, but, OVERHYPE MUCH? Online was phenomenally popular and successful, but still, I fail to see the innovation!
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
Re: wtf halo, i mean rly.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 06:36:12 pm »
I guess the multiplayer mode and vehicles were something that worked well.

I never cared much for Halo.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 06:37:54 pm »
Gamers don't care about innovation. They care about entertainment.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 06:44:22 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
Halo is fun, but not as fun as...UNREAL 2. That game also had a kickass level, I mean, a planet covered in a hueg parasite, how awesome isn't that?

I </3 Sol
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 06:56:22 pm »
Sorry, but who cares? Like Comrade Kesha said, it's the entertainment that counts (well, not quite the exact quote, but you know).
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 07:16:41 pm »
The game gave me lots and lots of multiplayer action with my friends. Best FPS multiplayer (not online) out there IMO. Single player didn't interest me that much, it was average.
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 07:19:26 pm »
Halo 2 Online ftw.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 07:23:36 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Halo 2's weapons were a complete arse rape of the original Halo ones in many ways (read: the Human weapons had a Sci-fi look compared to Halo's much more realistic look, and the balance of many of them was !@#$% over).

Still, it was okay. Halo on the xbox should have been online...that would have been made of pure gaming glory.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 09:56:17 pm »
  • Tyrant Rave!
I only have the pc version of the first Halo and I doubt I'll get Halo 2 once I get a system with vista. Halo was fun and all, and even offered a really fun gaming experience both online and offline, but truly, it didn't offer anything extremely new. It's just fun, and that's about it. I just got bored of the formula eventually and stopped playing, but if anyone wants to take me on, I'm open for a match  XD .

GUILTY GEAR RULES!!! I AM AWESOME!!! WHY ARE YOU READING MY SIG?
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 10:06:11 pm »
Preach on brodda! :')
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 12:57:41 am »
Halo = the most overhyped game of ALL TIME, EVER. I played it. It was good. Nothing extraordinary. Nothing new, nothing I haven't seen before. Nice music, great story. Will someone please tell me how Halo is innovative?

It controlled like any other FPS. You could run, jump, shoot, sometimes operate vehicles (while this wasn't common in FPS games, it wasn't anything special) and play cooperatively (again, co-op has existed since the (S)NES, this is just co-op with prettier graphics in a different game genre). Shield regeneration = innovation? AH! In a world where that's considered to be true, then MY PENIS = CHICK MAGNET! (ha, burned myself on that one, lol) Honestly, shield regeneration is nothing new. And it's hardly innovative. Without sounding like a douchebag fanboy, motion and touch sensitive controls are innovative (even Sony's version).

I understand that Halo 2 was a good game for the sequel and expansion upon the good story, but, OVERHYPE MUCH? Online was phenomenally popular and successful, but still, I fail to see the innovation!

Popular=/= innovative or good

Halo was ok, but it wasn't nearly as good as it was hyped. If you say something is true, and you make it seem as it is true, then most people will believe it without a second thought.
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 01:23:55 am »
  • =/
 You are not taking into consideration the time it was released... these days, you have played other FPS's that took the Halo format, making Halo not as original as it once was. Back in '01, there wasn't any vechicle combat in games, nor where there the perfect control scheme that Halo nailed, no large scale levels, etc, Halo pioneered every good aspect from every n64 good FPS (GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, etc), and threw in it's own touch.

Halo was revolutionary.... for it's time.
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 01:37:33 am »
  • that old name
Halo is a fun game, nothing too, too revolutionary ..but not everything has to be a revolution.
While Halo was never quite as revolutionary as many people claim, imo, it is no doubt going to look much less revolutionary 6 years later. Nevertheless, I feel it's a great game. Including a great, perhaps not revolutionary, single player, and decent, fun multiplayer. Of course, there are simple formulas at work here, ..HALO PC(online) isn't quite as thrilling these days, as it was at day 1.
HALO 2 is overall a nice game, but I believe that the multiplayer, while alright, is grossly overrated! It seems quite average, and in some ways even under-featured.. but to this day it's teh-ownage, or something.

Gamers don't care about innovation. They care about entertainment.
And for good reason! Innovation can allow for more entertainment, but Innovation alone does not create entertainment.

Halo pioneered every good aspect from every n64 good FPS (GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, etc), and threw in it's own touch.
I agree, I think that much of HALO's "innovation" was due to how it expertly mixed together the ingredients of successful FPS games of the past, and helped to create some of today's FPS standards.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 01:40:09 am by Sterlin254 »
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 01:41:46 am »
  • :D
Yeah, first of all, you're talking about it as if it's new.  It's not.  It came out about 6 years ago.  Second of all, innovative?  Who's saying it's innovative?  It was just a solid game, a fun game, with good graphics, an interesting storyline/universe, and solid gameplay.  It's not overrated at all.

By the way Halo > Halo 2.

And motion and touch controls suck balls.  Big fat hairy balls.
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 01:59:45 am »
Halo Campaign > Halo 2 Campaign.
Halo 2 Multiplayer > Halo Multiplayer.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 02:07:30 am »
  • :D
Halo Campaign > Halo 2 Campaign.
No way man, Halo 2 multiplayer sucks.  It's way too easy, requires no skill whatsoever.

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 02:24:54 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
Halo 2's multiplayer is n00b'd out to the point where you don't even need skill to pwn, just luck. Halo 1 wasn't like that, which is why I prefer it. Also, piers won this thread.

(I am open to a spar at some point. My Xfire name is riyodezrook)
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 02:42:02 am »
membar when i gotz ur xfirez?
good times.
but yeah, i should pull out my halo PC copy and re-install it.

.TakaM was here.
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 05:27:24 pm »
  • Surpass the impossible & kick reason to the curb!

Except for the noobified part. (I'm glad everyone got that before me.  That's a relief)

Halo is one of my favorite games, and it never occured while I was playing it that it was so popular.  If Microsoft hadn't picked it up, it would be another unknown Bungie Mac title, like Marathon (every Halo fan must play that game).  Up until Halo, Bungie was a relatively unknown studio.  The reason it's so popular is because, regardless of the fact that it was a good game, Microsoft had a marketing campaign with the Xbox.

Problem is, when something unknown gets popular, it becomes less special to those who knew it beforehand.  Like Monty Python and the Holy Grail, now that everyone knows it, it's not fun anymore to the people who knew it before it was popular.

I used to disregard Halo because it was popular, then I began to play it.  I liked it because of the game itself, not because of the hype.

Bungie !@#$% it up with Halo 2 though...Blech.  What a disappointment.

However, Doom's still my favorite. ;p
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.
  • Exploding Foot Studios

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 08:49:18 pm »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
Halo is fun, but not as fun as...UNREAL 2. That game also had a kickass level, I mean, a planet covered in a hueg parasite, how awesome isn't that?
^QFT
Unreal 2 = EPIC WIN I really liked the first few levels :3 Giant mutant spiders and creepy  ambience FTW.

EDIT: I guess i should add this >_>

I've never been a fan of anything microsoft although i'm starting to warm up to DX, they've always been gung-ho on things only being compatible for they're OS so they try they're dambdest to get things as incompatible to Mac and linux as possible. Though windows DOES have it's uses.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 07:24:09 pm by Antidote »
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 78 queries.

anything