Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGC Weekly  (Read 1977 times)

ZFGC Weekly
« on: March 15, 2009, 05:39:49 am »

Volume 9, Issue 3 - March 15, 2009
irc.kbfail.net #zfgc

1. Community Announcements
2. Best of the Forum
3. Weekly Awards
4. The Big Question

Community Announcements

-- There is less than a week for the participants of the Themematic Original Music Composition Contest to get their entries in! However once they do there will be some neat audio to listen to, so look forward to it.

-- There have been been some board changes recently. The Scrapped board and old community project have been moved to the Archive, and in turn the Archive has moved to the ZFGC.com category. The Projects board has also been renamed and moved to the Projects category.

-- The next community project is most likely going to be a Game Maker engine and some game remade using that engine. The game that is going to be remade hasn't been decided yet but it could be anything from Wind Waker to Majora's Mask to the Gameboy Zelda games.

-- There has been some discussion over what is going to happen to the community, but nothing has really been decided yet. Over the next few days specific user input will be sought after and if you want you are free to PM or IM me, 4Sword, if you have any questions or specific input.

Best of the Forum

Smooth New User.
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33619.0
Quote from: Smooth
Heh, the topic subject was just to draw your attention, hope the mods wont kill me  XD

Im new to the forum and wanted to say hello!
I'm 18 years old and i study Game Development, my main area is graphics(Vector, 3D, Pixel art)but im also programming (C++). Anyway, i joined this place mostly becouse of the game development areas, but i might hang out on some other areas aswell.

Anyway, my name is Erik and im from Sweden, i hope to get to know most of you guys, and we'll see each others on the topics and maby in the chatroom

Regards // Smooth

Trigonometric Skills
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33623.0
Quote from: Mitsu
I pride myself in being a top student, but math I simply do not get all.  Well, I missed two days of school and O the JOY I missed the days our Trig teacher started a new lesson and when I come back she refuses to show me how to do it.  We're doing Trig identities and I think I get it alright, but I don't understand how working some of these problems actually... works.  Actually, I just don't get how to add and subtract with radicals, I can do the basic stuff, but my problem is like this (I don't know how to get it to look like a math problem)

1 + the square root of 3 over 2, all over 1 - the square root of 3 over 2.

Understand how to simplify this I do not.

Who Watches the Watchmen?
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33603.0
Quote from: Starforsaken101
I saw it last night with my boyfriend. I really thought it was awesome, although I haven't read the graphic novel. I didn't find the acting bad either. I thought casting Jeffrey Dean Morgan as the Comedian was a good choice. I must admit that Silk Spectre II was a little annoying, though.

Dr. Manhattan is just pure badass.

Weekly Awards

Map of the Week
Jeod's LTTP Map of Koholint Island
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33454.0
Quote from: Jeod
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2296/overworld2.png

Updated overworld. It'll be much easier to place the frames now, since we're not doing trees for now. They'll be placed after Mabe is done.

Niek, I still need you to resize your beach parts again. I did the bottom left corner ones already, but all I did was add some water to the bottom.

Art of the Week
nasune's Tribal Art
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33636.0
Quote from: nasune
Well, 'tis just something I made when I was bored last time:

What do you think?

Engine of the Week
clem04's MMF ZeldaEngine2D
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33620.0
Quote from: clem04
ZeldaEngine2D - Made on Multimedia Fusion 2 (by clem04/yoshi04)

About :

Zelda Spherdon was a zelda project made first on RPG maker XP and then on Multimedia Fusion.
His developement has stopped one year ago, and such as I decided to change my developement plateform from "game-making" software to C++ scripting, I decided to offer my work in an "open source" version.

Here you can find an old RPG maker engine : <RPG maker Xp engine> (<miror>).  (FRENCH !)

I hope you'll enjoy this little "A link to the past" Engine :)
Good making ;)

Screenshots :

In game screenshots

Screenshot from the MMF.2 editor

<Editeur 1>
<Editeur 2>

Functionalities :

Release 1 : february the first 2009

• Movement engine : 8 directions and collisions (including 45 degree angles)
  • Sword engine : swing, charging and spin sword attack
  • Beginning of the HUD engine and a "pause menu" available. And also Bushes with random drops engine (rupee, little hearts and weapon if needed)[/i]

Warning ! The comments in the source are in FRENCH, neithertheless all the groups names are in English.

Downloads :

Note : To launch the game on Linux or Mac OS, use something like Wine : <Link to the official website>

Additionals credits :
~Graphists~

Newlink, Calvein, Titania, TaKam, ed_cool, joker, Link57, Atom, linky77.
Originals sprites, music and sounds  "A link to the past" are proprety of Nintendo(c) .
~Programming help and tips~

Benito, graboide, Christopho, Wouf.

Big Question

Last week's question: If Ganondorf fought Vaati, who would win and why?
Summary of answers: No answers given, no one cared.

This week's question: With all the talk of rearranging the staff, where do you think you would fit in on the staff?

Author of this week's issue: 4Sword

Xiphirx

wat
Re: ZFGC Weekly
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 06:05:13 am »
  • Xiphirx
I think I would fit as a designer or coder if I was ever part of the staff.
  • For The Swarm

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
ZFGC Weekly
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 03:46:53 pm »
  • The Mike
I'm pretty much helping with some graphics and stuff which is pretty much my role but I could do other small things as well perhaps.

• Zelda Eternity

Porkchop

ZFGC Weekly
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 12:07:36 am »
I'm not to sure. I could do what I did previously and make some themes and such and do some forum maintenance, that and be a mod and such.

Basically what I did before.

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 04:02:08 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
The man in charge. I would be the one who pays the bills and generally makes the final decision regarding, well, everything. I would be very proactive, settling for nothing short of excellence. A lot of the staff would despise me for being so picky.

All in all, my reign would be short, but significant, and I would end up being remembered as the most productive owner in ZFGC history.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 12:59:03 am »
Back in my old spot as a moderator.

Could possibly be a manager/admin but I liked being a mod.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 01:17:20 am »
With all the talk of rearranging the staff, where do you think you would fit in on the staff?
as a banned member D:!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 51 queries.

anything