Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: [PAUSE]The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 2D  (Read 17660 times)

Re: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 2D
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2008, 03:33:26 am »
Why are you making OOT2D? I think from the number of attempted OOT2D's and the lack of any successes, it's safe to say that not even creating a clone, essentially copying a 3d game and putting it into 2d is pointless. I'm worried that in RPG Maker, you won't get far with this.

I wish you luck though.

alirazaq

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2008, 03:47:02 am »
Yeh ali, lay off a bit :). Different languages are suited to different tasks, and different skill levels. You many not like it, but thats not to say others don't.
... wow, considering how much I bash GM, thats somewhat hyprocrytical XD.
Take it easy, it was a suggestion. You of all people I would expect to agree with me. He said it is really complicated and thats what Ruby is COMPLICATED! So I asked him why he didn't use C#, and C++ which are extremely easier.
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2008, 03:49:38 am »
looks nice, I don't understand how people code in RPGMaker though. Where do you code?!

If it's Rpg Maker XP then in the ruby console.

Why are you making OOT2D? I think from the number of attempted OOT2D's and the lack of any successes, it's safe to say that not even creating a clone, essentially copying a 3d game and putting it into 2d is pointless. I'm worried that in RPG Maker, you won't get far with this.

I wish you luck though.

He could, depending on how good he is.

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2008, 05:49:00 am »

I wish you luck though.

Because its his project... pointless as you see it I think its a creative form of self expression and a branch of ultimate creativity to translate OoT into 2D.

RPG Maker is really good, and if you know scripting well... I bet a good game will rise out of it :)

And its not up to you  to say its pointless, because you aren't working on it.
Game Designer and Artist

My Zelda Projects Official Site:
http://unicornslair.byethost17.com

I encourage you, please rate my Project here!
  • The Legend of Zelda: Secret Depths of the Unicorns Lair

alirazaq

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2008, 06:09:09 am »
No matter how much doubt you all may have with the everybody and their mama making a Ocarina of Time 2D then quiting. Give the guy a break, he has stuff to show for it.
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2008, 08:29:04 am »
No matter how much doubt you all may have with the everybody and their mama making a Ocarina of Time 2D then quiting. Give the guy a break, he has stuff to show for it.

You were the one doubting his coding in rpg maker.

gg irony.

alirazaq

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2008, 12:41:57 am »
gg irony.
I didn't doubt !@#$%, I asked him why he wasn't using C#, or C++ if he thought ruby was so hard, now leave it, it's done with >_>
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2008, 12:52:52 am »
gg irony.
I didn't doubt !@#$%, I asked him why he wasn't using C#, or C++ if he thought ruby was so hard, now leave it, it's done with >_>

He might think ruby is easier to learn then C# and C++

alirazaq

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2008, 12:55:53 am »
gg irony.
I just said "leave it"
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2008, 01:00:34 am »
gg irony.
I just said "leave it"

It was just getting good. Starting things is bad. So is leaving things without an end Mr. Ali.

alirazaq

« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2008, 02:15:23 am »
gg irony.
I just said "leave it"
It was just getting good. Starting things is bad. So is leaving things without an end Mr. Ali.
Did you actually read the posts before this in the topic? I never said anything about him having an obligation to learn any of those languages. Damn read the topic.
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2008, 02:20:30 am »
gg irony.
I just said "leave it"
Did you actually read the posts before this in the topic? I never said anything about him having an obligation to learn any of those languages. Damn read the topic.

Calm down senor, i read some of the posts in this topic. But i'm not going through 3 pages. I never said anything about you saying he had an obligation to learn said languages. But you acted like he couldn't do !@#$% in RPG Maker compared to C# and C++. i was just correcting your wrong assumptions. No need to get all angered.

alirazaq

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2008, 06:35:40 am »
gg irony.
I just said "leave it"
Calm down senor, i read some of the posts in this topic. But i'm not going through 3 pages. I never said anything about you saying he had an obligation to learn said languages. But you acted like he couldn't do !@#$% in RPG Maker compared to C# and C++. i was just correcting your wrong assumptions. No need to get all angered.
RPG maker can't do !@#$% compared to C#, and C++ but that is just in comparison. It probably is pretty powerful, I wouldn't know I only used each one for like 3 weeks.
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2008, 06:57:15 am »
  • I need something new to put here...

I wish you luck though.

Because its his project... pointless as you see it I think its a creative form of self expression and a branch of ultimate creativity to translate OoT into 2D.

RPG Maker is really good, and if you know scripting well... I bet a good game will rise out of it :)

And its not up to you  to say its pointless, because you aren't working on it.

>__>...

I think you think wrong. It I don't think it's creative to try to copy a game into 2D, seeing as it focused on the fact that they finally had 3D, and so used it as much as they could, just like Wii sports to the Wii, using the remote pretty well, or PH to the Ds. Why go and remake a game already made? Why re-invent the wheel? Why not use these skills and make an original fan game? or, if you're up to making your own sprites and music, an original game?

alirazaq

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2008, 11:59:06 pm »
Oh I assumed it was Ruby since RMXP is done with ruby, literally the stupidest scripting language ever
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2008, 01:17:27 am »
BIT US HARDDD....soo... u need pacient,and time....
AND training AND more training =D

srr i need learn english =D

Let me laugh please. The picture you posted is just the code that Xfixium did a long time ago for Link's Awakening remake on RM2K3, don't say 'training and more training', the code ain't even yours, you could at least credit Xfixium for that.

the coding (in Ruby as I see) looks correct.

I use RM too (for 4 years now!)

Quote from: Janet Merai
RPG Maker is really good, and if you know scripting well... I bet a good game will rise out of it Smiley

Quote from: FISSURE
If it's Rpg Maker XP then in the ruby console.

Quote from: -Ali-

Quote from: Dont Download Movies Panda
Nah... It's not Ruby, the code cruzbr did post was simply RM2K3-events commands.

I never said that was ruby. I just stated that he could code with ruby in RPGMakerXP since Ali asked where he would code in rpg maker.

alirazaq

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2008, 10:20:34 am »
Oh I assumed it was Ruby since RMXP is done with ruby, literally the stupidest scripting language ever
Are you talking about RGSS or Ruby itself? If you are talking about RGSS, so yeah, since it gives bad automatisms when you purely code in Ruby, but if you are talking about Ruby itself, I can't agree with you, I wrote a few websites using Ruby (on-rails), and it's not the 'stupidest' scripting language ever. ;)
RoR and Ruby are stupid because of how complicated they make scripting the simplest tasks. Oh yeah I wrote my like a "hello world" script would be 70 lines long (complete exaggeration) but you get my point.

So you can't code Ruby in RMK2K and 2K3?

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2008, 09:01:01 pm »
Now those are nice tiles. How are you going to do the jumping, climbing and stuff?
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2008, 09:08:38 pm »
Woah! indeed the new tiles add a real OoT 2D feeling into it.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2008, 09:09:32 pm »
I think the web in the middle could be improved..is that true or is it just me?
  • Phoenix Heart
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 74 queries.