Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [Approved]The Hunter  (Read 8877 times)

[Approved]The Hunter
« on: June 10, 2012, 02:50:26 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Name: The Hunter
HP: 18
Description: Far before Ganon existed, there was a beast that cause chaos and destruction it it's wake. It was hunting the Shiekieh in their own temple when the shiekah sealed him in it. When the Sheikah were going to seal the cog in their temple, they accidentally broke the seal and released the hunter, with all their might they fought back but they underestimated it and ended up sealing in everyone that was in the temple at the time, the Hunter, and the cog as well(Nothing escaped the temple), and he's pissed about it and hunted many of the shiekieh trapped in the temple down. This beast is pitch black with a red outline, it is wolf-like to a degree. It has 5-Tails that look like the Floormasters of WW, but without a portal, and instead of them having purple outlines, it's tails have red outlines red.He is covered in Red body markings He is about the size of a average tree. While he was free, he enjoyed hunting the greatest warriors of Ancient Hyrule. Though once he was accidentally sealed, everyone except the elders of the societies of hyrule, forgot all about him and the younger people thought the stories the elders told were just myths.
It has already been stated that the sheikah sealed everything and everyone inside the temple during they were going to place shadow cog inside. The Hunter was already sealed inside way before the cog was created, they underestimated a very pissed off beast and the sheikah that were outside were forced to seal everyone, and everything inside, most of the sheikah were either hunted down or went mad. The Guardian has been eaten resulting in the remaining sheikah slowly losing their sanity.

Attacks:
   Floormaster Tails- 1.5 HP
He creates portals and sticks his tails through them. A second set of portals near link, that a tail comes out. You can either stun the tails with a boomerang or hookshot, and slash at them or use Bombs and arrows which can damage the tails without the need to stun them.When it's about to grab link, you can use the shadow cloak's, shadow clone to swap out and the tail will grab the shadow clone, which fades away and the tail is stunned for a second, or you could use a Pursuit Slash instead of the Shadow Clone to counter the tail. If they grab link, they throw him and he takes damage on impact. Once the tails take 2HP damage they are severed and fall to the ground and dissipate into black-purple smoke. You can use the Shadow Cloak's, shadow clone, to distract a few of the Tails. After his tails are gone the portals disappear and he then uses the Shadowquake attack. Every time the tails regrow there will be a pitch black one without an outline or markings that can only be stunned by it grabbing a shadow clone, which means to weakens it's immune to all damage while it's not stunned.
   Shadowquake- 2 HP
He Stands up on 2 Legs, then Black and Red Electricity sparks form him, and finally he leans forward and slams his front legs into the ground, causing a linear shockwave to go straight in the direction of link(If link touchesit he will be electrocuted by Red and Black electricity and will fall down for a second.), it can be avoided by rolling out of the way, or using the Roc's cape. After Link dodges (or not) the Shadowquake and his eyes start glowing brighter, his body will phase out, then his glowing eyes will fade away, and Link won't be able to see or attack him. If Link doesn't put the cloak on directly, he'll start being attacked by an invisible beast. The beast will only be visible and vulnerable during this phase with the shadow cloak on. After being attacked and phasing out, the beast will run into a corner (as far away from Link as possible) and regrow its tails. You can't attack the beast directly in this phase (he'll just bite Link) but as he's regrowing his tails, his eyes will glow either red or blue. You shoot the blue eyes with the ice arrows, or the red eyes with the red arrows. After getting in 3 (or so) shots this way, he'll finish regrowing all his tails and phase back into the visible realm.
   Bite- 1.5 HP
Uses this attack when it's regrowing it's tails. He bites you, throws you across the room and you fall on the floor.
   Claw- 1.5 HP
Uses this attack when it's invisible, and isn't regrowing it's tails. He claws at you.
   Wallmaster Tails- 1.5 HP
He will create more portals, but the exit portal of each pair will not apear. It will be on the ceiling so it'll be invisible. A shadow will appear where link is and a few moments later the tail will slam into the ground, it it hits link, link will be knocked down. After that it will slowly rise back to the ceiling. You can either stun the tails with a boomerang or hookshot, and slash at them or use Bombs and arrows which can damage the tails without the need to stun them. When it's about to slam into link, you can use the shadow cloak's, shadow clone to swap out and the tail will slam into the shadow clone, which fades away and the tail is stunned for a second, or you could use a Pursuit Slash instead of the Shadow Clone to counter the tail. Once the tails take 2HP damage they are severed and fall to the ground and dissipate into black-purple smoke. You can use the Shadow Cloak's, shadow clone, to distract a few of the Tails. After his tails are gone the Shadowquake attack. Every time the tails regrow there will be a pitch black one without an outline or markings that can only be stunned by it grabbing a shadow clone, which means to weakens it's immune to all damage while it's not stunned.
   Destructive Breath- 1.5 HP
It will randomly choose which of these three types of magic to breath a blast of:
Fire
The added effect is that link is set on fire on contact, and his wooden shield is burned.
Ice
The added efect is that it frezes link on contact.
Corrupt Fire
The added effect is that it curses link on contact, by either reversing the movement contorls for a few seconds, or dissallowing the use of items(With the exception of the cogs)

Combat Phases:
Phase 1:
Part 1. It's at it's starting place in the back of the room. It uses floormaster tails, once the tails are gone, the hunter will be weak for a moment and you can to attack it with your sword, then it'll get ready to use shadow quake.
Part 2. After a shadowquake it'll fade out, and you'll need to use the shadow cloak to be able to see and attack it with your sword. If you don't use your shadow cloak, you'll be mauled by the Hunter while it's invisible. It'll still attack while your invisble but you can either attack it when it's about to claw you, or after it's about to claw you.
Part 3. After it's taken some damage in the part before it'll go to the corner the farthest away from link and start to regrow it's tails, and if link gets close the Hunter, it will bite link, and then toss him across the room. You have to use the magic arrows to damage it depending on what color it's eyes glow(Red = Fire Arrow, Blue = Ice Arrow). After it takes some damage in this part, Phase 2 will begin.

Phase 2:
Part 1. It will go back to center of the room, it'll phase back into the visible realm and it will then use it's Wallmaster Tails attack. Once the tails are severed again, it will be weak for a moment, which will allow you to damage it.
Part 2. After it recovers, it's body fades out, and after that it's eyes fade out, All of the lights in the room will then be extinguished. It will then it will create a vortex, the vortex stays for a moment and then dissappears. The vortex will cause the movement controls to be mirrored for this part of the phase. It will then attack you the same way it did when it was invisible during the first phase, but it's more cautious this time around.
Part 3. After it takes some damage, the movement controls will return to normal, and it will go to the corner the farthest away from link and start to regrow it's tails, but this time it lets out a roar and summons a Demonic Dodongo, and if link gets close the Hunter, it will bite link, and then toss him across the room. You have to use the magic arrows to damage it depending on what color it's eyes glow(Red = Fire Arrow, Blue = Ice Arrow). Once it takes a certain amount of damage, it will then be undamagable for the rest of this part of the phase. After it takes some damage in this part and the Demonic Dodongo is defeated, Phase 3 will begin.

Phase 3:
Part 1. It will go back to center of the room, it'll phase back into the visible realm and it will then it's tails will alternate between Wallmaster Tails and Floor Master Tails attacks after each time they attack. The Hunter Will also use his Destrucive Breath attack every 15-30 seconds(Randomly) during this part of the phase. Once the tails are severed for the final time, it will be weak for a moment, which will allow you to damage it.
Part 2. After it recovers, it's body fades out, and after that it's eyes fade out, All of the lights in the room will then be extinguished. It will then it will create a vortex, the vortex stays for a moment and then dissappears. The vortex will cause the movement controls to be mirrored for this part of the phase. It will then attack you the same way it did when it was invisible during the first & second phases, but is more cautious this time around.
Part 3. After it takes some damage, the movement controls will return to normal, and it will go to the corner the farthest away from link and start to regrow it's tails, but this time it lets out a roar and summons a pair of Demonic Dodongos, and if link gets close the Hunter, it will bite link, and then toss him across the room. After the Demonic Dodongos are defeated, you can deal direct damage to it. Once the Demonic Dodongos are defeated, You have to use the magic arrows to damage it depending on what color it's eyes glow(Red = Fire Arrow, Blue = Ice Arrow). Once it's health is gone, a cutscene will play showing it burn up in black, purple, and red flames, and it's bones will be left, then the bones will explode into purple smoke, leaving a heart container. Then part of the wall in the back of the room will rise revealing a flight of stairs going downward.

Combat Countermeasures:
-His tails can be damaged by bombs, arrows, your sword.
-His Tails are Stunned by the boomerang and hookshot.
-The Hunter can only be directly damaged when he is invisible, and link is using the shadow cloak and only damagable with a sword.
-Fire & Ice arrows only damage it when it's regrowing it's tails, and It's eyes glow to match the corrisponding magic arrow.
(Red eyes=Damageable by Fire arrow, Blue=Damagable by Ice arrows)
-Hookshot, Boomerang, Bombs, and Arrows cannot directly affect the Hunter, they can only affect his tails.
-The Pitch-Black Middle Tail can only be stunned by it grabbing a shadow clone, and is immune to all damage while it's not stunned.

This Boss is also part of my Indie Game I'm currwntly working on.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 03:16:17 pm by Shadow宇宙の神 »
Re: [Submission]The Hunter
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 03:36:04 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Ok, this is pretty bad ass.  I have one gripe though, it's that you don't seem to be required to use the shadow cloak.  You give the player the option of using it, but it doesn't seem like they HAVE to do so to escape the tails.  Can you rework that a bit?

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 03:50:50 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I revised the "Floormaster Tails" attack
Now for the Middle tail, you have to use the shadow cloak's, shadow clone, to stun it to be able to damage it.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:56:26 pm by zdude684 »
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 12:26:00 am »
  • It's just Max.
I thought of a different way to integrate the shadow cloak, maybe it could be an addition or something?

After Link dodges (or not) the Shadowquake and his eyes start glowing brighter, maybe his body can phase out, followed by his eyes (kinda Cheshire cat style), and Link won't be able to see or attack him. If Link doesn't put the cloak on directly, he'll start being attacked by an invisible beast. The beast will only be visible and vulnerable during this phase with the shadow cloak on.

After being attacked and phasing out, the beast will run into a corner (as far away from Link as possible) and regrow its tails. You can't attack the beast directly in this phase (he'll just bite Link) but as he's regrowing his tails, his eyes will glow either red or blue. You shoot the blue eyes with the ice arrows, or the red eyes with the red arrows. After getting in 3 (or so) shots this way, he'll finish regrowing all his tails and phase back into the visible realm.
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 12:33:49 am »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
That works.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 02:55:52 pm »
Wait hold on, there's a story conflict.  You said that this incident with the sealing occurred long before Ganon existed.  Fine, but you also say the cog was sealed as well.  The cog was created because of Ganon, so it's impossible for it to have been sealed before he existed.

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 03:04:52 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Fixed the story.

Edit: Added in Max's Suggestions.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:14:14 pm by zdude684 »
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 03:11:45 pm »
I'm ok with this thus far.  Anyone have anything to say that I missed?

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 03:40:45 pm »
When he is regrowing his tails and you hit him 2-3 times with arrows. Will he have one or two less tails. Or do all five regrow.

I like the idea, however I do think we should decide on the bosses, when the dungeons are done.
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 03:45:23 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
All five tails grow back. It would have ended up making the phase easier if it grew back one or two less tails.
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 04:17:20 pm »
  • It's just Max.
What I was thinking was that you'd shoot him in the head when he's regrowing his tails, because his head seems to be his weak point, that's where you slash with your sword. And you're choosing which arrow to use based on his eyes, presumably on his head. Therefore, the arrows wouldn't affect the number of tails.

Remember how the shadow temple had descriptions (a little bit) of tragedies from Hyrule's history? Maybe these events could be recounted on statues and stuff. You might want to add that the myths of the Hunter in the sealed chamber became a myth through the ages, and weren't remembered when the Shiekah decided to seal the cog in the same location. Or that they knew it was sealed in there, but accidentally broke the seal, or underestimated its strength or something, because it doesn't seem like the "wise" sheikah to just forget about a monster they'd sealed up somewhere for no reason, and they seem to keep pretty good records.
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 04:33:22 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
What I was thinking was that you'd shoot him in the head when he's regrowing his tails, because his head seems to be his weak point, that's where you slash with your sword. And you're choosing which arrow to use based on his eyes, presumably on his head. Therefore, the arrows wouldn't affect the number of tails.

Remember how the shadow temple had descriptions (a little bit) of tragedies from Hyrule's history? Maybe these events could be recounted on statues and stuff. You might want to add that the myths of the Hunter in the sealed chamber became a myth through the ages, and weren't remembered when the Shiekah decided to seal the cog in the same location. Or that they knew it was sealed in there, but accidentally broke the seal, or underestimated its strength or something, because it doesn't seem like the "wise" sheikah to just forget about a monster they'd sealed up somewhere for no reason, and they seem to keep pretty good records.
I made it so the sheikah accidentally broke the seal, and when they were fighting it, they underestimated it, and the shiekah on the outside were forced to seal the entire temple with everyone trapped inside, including the cog and the Hunter.

And about it being a myth, do you mean similar to the hero of time and the events of OoT, being recalled at the beggining of WW?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 04:38:30 pm by zdude684 »
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 05:56:58 pm »
Then I don't think I get the phases or the flow of battle.
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 06:31:40 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I'll add something in to explain the phases of the battle later.

Edit:
Combat Phases:
1. It's at it's starting place in the back of the room. It uses floormaster tails, once the tails are gone, the hunter will be weak for a moment and you can to attack it with your sword, then it'll get ready to use shadow quake.
2. After a shadowquake it'll fade out, and you'll need to use the shadow cloak to be able to see and attack it with your sword. If you don't use your shadow cloak, you'll be mauled by the Hunter while it's invisible. It'll still attack while your invisble but you can either attack it when it's about to claw you, or after it's about to claw you.
3. After it's taken some damage in the phase before it'll go to the corner the farthest away from link and start to regrow it's tails, and if link gets close the Hunter, it will bite link, and then toss him across the room. You have to use the magic arrows to damage it depending on what color it's eyes glow(Red = Fire Arrow, Blue = Ice Arrow). after it takes some damage in this phase it will go bck to center of the room, it'll phase back into the visible realm, and the cycle will start again.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 06:46:22 pm by zdude684 »
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 10:11:47 pm »
So this is a rinse and repeat cycle. Thus actually a single stage of a repeating attack cycle until death. Hmm, this seems more like something for a first level boss or a miniboss. This is for the before last dungeon. Change the attack cycle after a while, otherwise it will get boring and way to easy to just repeat the same thing over and over again.
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 10:19:00 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Ok, I'll add more to it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:16:38 pm by zdude684 »
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 11:17:01 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Did a major revision of the phases, added a lot more to it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:27:59 pm by zdude684 »
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 11:35:54 pm »
  • King of the hoard!
I like this guy a lot  :D.  However, I don't think the final phase should be able to end without directly killing the boss.  The way it's worded now, Link could completely ignore him and just kill the Fell Dodongos to win.  It feels like a lame way to defeat such a badass monster.
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 11:40:09 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I like this guy a lot  :D.  However, I don't think the final phase should be able to end without directly killing the boss.  The way it's worded now, Link could completely ignore him and just kill the Fell Dodongos to win.  It feels like a lame way to defeat such a badass monster.
Fixed that typo. Now you have to kill the fell dodongos to be able to finish it off the Hunter.
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 04:32:02 pm »
This is turning out to be quite a boss!  I'm not sure about the control inversions though, I feel like it might make things overly difficult.  But, maybe I'm wrong, it is the same phase for the most part so it might end up being balanced.

EDIT: Know what, screw it, it's the last boss before Ganondorf.  A twist will be nice ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 02:29:42 pm by MG-Zero »

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 80 queries.

anything