Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADHD  (Read 1851 times)

ADHD
« on: July 16, 2006, 02:42:12 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder. Do you guys think this is a genuine medical problem or an excuse for little kids to run wild? Personally I think the latter, ADHD is just another scape goat, something the parents can blame because there kids are being little bast-I mean being naughty. What do you guys think?

Ben

Re: ADHD
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 02:45:14 pm »
I think that it's to do with metabolism, so that they get too much energy out of their food.
I think it exists, but not to the extent that it's popularised. Hell I'd like to think I had it, but that's just cause I can never concentrate on one thing in a conversation, lol.
Want a place to upload your sprites and games for FREE? Look no further than GameDevotion
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 02:52:48 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
Well yeah but if i was born 10 years later they'd have said I was a ADHD sufferer when infact at the time I was just bad. If people want to blame ADHD for their kids misbehaviour then thats fine but I am a firm believer in parents taking some responsability for the way the children act. I was bad not because of the crap I ate but because I lacked discipline.

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 03:50:32 pm »
It does exist and is a recognised scientific disorder, its just that its over-diagnosed, meaning that the doctors and parents tend to say any bad behaviour (or as its now termed anti-social behaviour) is caused by ADHD and drug the kids up to there eyeballs, rather than look for other reasons for it.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 04:04:35 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
It does exist and is a recognised scientific disorder, its just that its over-diagnosed, meaning that the doctors and parents tend to say any bad behaviour (or as its now termed anti-social behaviour) is caused by ADHD and drug the kids up to there eyeballs, rather than look for other reasons for it.

of course they could do that, but then they wouldnt be making as much money now would they?

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

tippz

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 04:19:39 pm »
Probably more if they actually examined the kid and had to have the kid come in frequently to address the problem...

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 05:52:08 am »
  • b e p i s
I have been diagnosed with ADHD since age 6, and I can tell you a few things:

1) It is a REAL disorder that DOES affect your daily life
2) It is frequently misdiagnosed by stupid doctors
3) It is about much more than just hyperactivity.

When I was younger, I had much more of the "H" in ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder for the uninitated), and the medicine did help relax me a little bit. Now in my high school years it's much less the hyperactivity and more forgetfulness. However, the medicine no longer helps me, and I've been on just about all the major pills for it in my life: Ritalin, Adderall, and Concerta. Instead, it just zombifies me and renders me socially inept.

ADHD affects my concentration skills on certain things in that I can only pay real attention to what I'm interested in. Also, I often forget details in conversations and even daily things, like remembering to do chores and such, until I'm reminded. It's pretty annoying.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 06:27:06 pm »
I think the disease exists, but i think some parents also use it as an excuse... for example, i know one kid who is suppsoed to have it, and had you seen him around his home you would think so, but i find it amazing that it does not affect him in school, when he sleeps over other peoples houses, when he was at our house for 3 days, or when hes out in the close (without his mother). The issue only seems to arise when his mother arounds, a definate issue with the mother here, not ADHD. But i do believe some children definately have the disorder, its just hard to filter them out.
  • Elliott Parkinson
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 55 queries.