Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New Phantom Hourglass Images  (Read 5360 times)

Obsequious Eye

King of Glass
Re: New Phantom Hourglass Images
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2007, 03:44:13 am »
  • Yes, I am mocking you
I don't know >_> it just looks weird to me for some reason... probably because its TWW style and I seriously dislike TWW and I'm just biased.
That's understandable. I like tWW style, so I'm baised too.
I'm watching you...
  • Omniscient Eye
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2007, 04:04:43 am »
  • =/
 Nah, Antidote, you may be biased but I've seen it too. They have taken quite a few polygons off alot of the models (Look at Link from the original, then look at him now.) making them look a bit blocky and the texture size appears to have been decreased. (Link's shield is the biggest example of this.) Definetly a few steps back from the original trailer but if it helps add more content, I'm fine with it.

Just noticed this but you ever notice the boat does not form with the water like the original trailer? In the original, the boat moved with the waves, going up and down, this time it glides right through them. Weird...

uma

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2007, 06:32:31 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
That. Was. FREAKIN' SHWEEET! The graphics are FAR from ugly. There incredible for the DS. Plus its WW style! I love WW style!

I'm going to get this when comes out. Defenitely.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2007, 01:26:52 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
What really annoys me is that its the same people who complain about TWW's visual style that also complain that TP is too similar to OoT. People need to make up their minds, honestly. If you like TWW/PH graphics, great, me too, if you don't then don't but you can NOT seriously say that the DS's capabilities aren't being pushed with PH, it's a technical marvel. Go look at the screenshots/new triler and check out the sailing sections before giving it crits. The sailing looks stunning.

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2007, 01:36:18 pm »
I wouldn't call it a technical marvel, first the style is quite different from windwakers, and secondly they're wasting a ton of resources on essentially nothing
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2007, 01:40:29 pm »
I appreciate your comment but you'll have to explain it in more detail.

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2007, 01:44:25 pm »
ok first, the textures they're using are way too small and detailed compared to wind waker, windwaker's grass was basically plain green (I realize in a top down perspective more detail is needed) but they went overboard with the detail, and the textures are too damn small, they're so repetitive.
then, the fact they're using 2 polys for each square of texture, which is a huge waste, ie:
a hallway in a logically made game would be atleast 12 polys, in phantom hourglass, it would be hundreds, even thousands depending on the length
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2007, 02:13:07 pm »
Hmm, I didnt notice that, I dont really agree that they went overboard with the texturing though. As for it not being a technical marvel, well, you should bare in mind that it is a DS game so while its not a technical wonder on the Wii or 360 or PS3 it is impressive to see a game of this graphical calibre running on the DS.

Obsequious Eye

King of Glass
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2007, 01:20:34 am »
  • Yes, I am mocking you
Hmm, I didnt notice that, I dont really agree that they went overboard with the texturing though. As for it not being a technical marvel, well, you should bare in mind that it is a DS game so while its not a technical wonder on the Wii or 360 or PS3 it is impressive to see a game of this graphical calibre running on the DS.
I would agree to that, I'm glad to see Nintendo's pushing the limits of the DS's capabilities.
I'm watching you...
  • Omniscient Eye
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2007, 01:17:57 pm »
Yeah, they never really did anything with GBA, all the mario games were either SNes remakes ported from NES games or made by subidiary companies like alpha dream, even Zelda MC wasn't made inhouse. It was very much the first Developers System because Nintendo all but left it alone.

PH is going to be great. I can't wait to play it for myself. I heard the sailing is "Delightful".

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2007, 01:45:40 pm »
I would agree to that, I'm glad to see Nintendo's pushing the limits of the DS's capabilities.
but its not pushing the limits of the DS, atleast from what they've shown so far
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2007, 01:47:29 pm »
  • [sic]
...which is good. Nobody likes slowdown.
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2007, 02:02:30 pm »
exactly, currently the way theyre building phantom hourglass will cause slow downs, and its for essentially nothing
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2007, 02:09:02 pm »
  • [sic]
..so, instead, they're making the game look worse - I really hope they fix these issues before the game is released. They're rushing way too much.

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2007, 03:33:29 pm »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
What really annoys me is that its the same people who complain about TWW's visual style that also complain that TP is too similar to OoT. People need to make up their minds, honestly. If you like TWW/PH graphics, great, me too, if you don't then don't but you can NOT seriously say that the DS's capabilities aren't being pushed with PH, it's a technical marvel. Go look at the screenshots/new triler and check out the sailing sections before giving it crits. The sailing looks stunning.

I don't think that TP is to similar to OoT sure the mechanics are pretty much the same but there are obvious differences (the fact that the engine isn't a modified Mario engine is one of them)
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2007, 08:29:31 pm »
  • n___n
I'm really not diggin' the whole "maze" appearance of all the dungeons.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2007, 09:42:49 pm »
I don't know if this is still true but very early on they said they would have a new dungeon format. There is one big dungeon, but you get stuck at certain points and need something and have to beat a different dungeon to pass.
Its one dungeon.
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2007, 10:03:29 pm »
  • [sic]
I'm really not diggin' the whole "maze" appearance of all the dungeons.
Those, I believe, are shots of the multiplayer mode. But I may well be wrong.
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2007, 10:32:39 am »
..so, instead, they're making the game look worse - I really hope they fix these issues before the game is released. They're rushing way too much.

There are no issues, this is one persons opinion. I have seen no slow down in the trailers.

Those, I believe, are shots of the multiplayer mode. But I may well be wrong.

Nope there is one big dungeon and lots of smaller dungeons. I too am not *yet* convinced of this formula but as they're trying something completely different I'm still very excited.

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2007, 10:57:34 am »
  • n___n
I'm not saddened to say that this is one Zelda game I won't be picking up anytime soon.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 77 queries.