Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ganon´s balcony  (Read 12218 times)

Re: Ganon´s balcony
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2015, 05:42:47 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Those statues look great, Sinkin! You don't happen to have any gargoyles or other statues that could go on here to help guide the player around? :p

So, Spritonic, you added in the windows and the big arch I did, but I have so say I don't really think I like them. I mean, the stained glass is cool but I was lazy and there's something weird about the shape or perspective or something. Honestly, the best windows, I think, are the ones shaped like this:

But I guess my point is, use your best judgement, regardless of if I think they look good or not, either go with the windows you like best or make new ones that work better.

Other observations, it looks like something is going on with the path, at bottom of the triforce bit, like some pixels got smashed or jaggy or something. Also, maybe the path should connect with the stairs instead of having a strip of grass there?

Finally, if the roof path connects over the gate, that kind of defeats the purpose of having two separate ways up to the balcony. For gameplay purposes, Link shouldn't be able to walk around from one side to the other.

I fixed the pathway.
I made some good looking windows based on you arches. I think they look great!
I tried to make some Gargoyles based on the FFV ones, What do you think?
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2015, 08:54:34 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Nice! The shape of the windows looks great, and the stone around it really draws the other stuff in, has consistency and looks great. I do think they should be moved higher up the wall to fit the space better, and maybe the bars over the windows look a little... Jail like? Maybe have just one vertical bar instead of two, or try some other way to do window panes. Try stuff out and see what works!

I think the gargoyles look great, only thing I can see is the colors look slightly different than the statues in the fountains. I can't look super closely now, so maybe they do match, I'm sure you know better than me.

So also, looking at the round windows I did, I think the perspective is a bit off. Maybe they need a pixel or two of width added so the top side of the bottom edge of the window is more visible, so it looks more tilted and less upright. I might have time to do that today, but not sure.

Anyway, the stair/path connections looks great too! Very smooth. And yeah, those new windows I think add a lot to make this look more like a classy castle, great job :D
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2015, 09:29:53 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Yeah, now that you mention it, the Windows look very jail-like.
I will try to fix it tomorrow.

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2015, 05:55:04 pm »
  • Idk
I did another version of the entrance to the castle. Maybe this is something that can be used and if so, make sure to match the colors since the colors I used are from the original Minish Cap game.
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2015, 06:06:46 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I think it looks sweet! It we use it here, it looks like we'd have to widen the whole courtyard, which I have no time to do this week, so that's Spritonic's call. If there's a reason not to widen the courtyard to fit it, maybe it could somehow be adapted to serve as a kind of tower in the middle of the walls on the side of the courtyard, or maybe at the bottom corners of the courtyard walls?
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2015, 06:17:28 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I did another version of the entrance to the castle. Maybe this is something that can be used and if so, make sure to match the colors since the colors I used are from the original Minish Cap game.

I like them!! BUT, I don´t think they would be implemented in this castle since a lot will have to be changed. HOWEVER, It can most definitely be used in another castle.
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2015, 07:29:12 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Shiekah city/fortress/citadel/whatever it exactly is still needs to be designed, could come in handy there? I don't have the vaguest idea what that'll look like, but people should do some concept art for that. Maybe based on southwest Asian architecture, like India. They've got a cool mix of asian and greek influences.
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2015, 07:51:35 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Shiekah city/fortress/citadel/whatever it exactly is still needs to be designed, could come in handy there? I don't have the vaguest idea what that'll look like, but people should do some concept art for that. Maybe based on southwest Asian architecture, like India. They've got a cool mix of asian and greek influences.
Hmmm maybe they live in caves after the catastrofic events in the temple? And everything is in ruins?
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2015, 08:04:45 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
http://wiki.zfgc.com/KOT:Sheikah

See if anything here helps you out

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 57 queries.