Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The legend of Zelda: Evil´s radiance  (Read 17797 times)

Re: The legend of Zelda: Evil´s radiance
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2013, 04:18:09 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I have the overworld design drawn on paper, i will start doing the map on the computer as soon as i can.

Also i have changed some of the plot

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2013, 06:07:57 pm »
  • You can find me on Deviantart to! :D
You could have used the Porject Zelda engine for easy gamemaking, as you will need voice actors, a proper program and somebody who makes sprites and the backgruond. Also, you need to make each picture individually, as far as i know. You could also write a book :)
I joined for the sake of an engine i saw on the forum, it got me quite excited to see it in use! I had found this forum some while before that, but it is only now that i see the pure awesomeness of it! XD

I cant wait to see some fanmade zelda games, nevertheless support the ones who program them :D I sure can cheer people up!

My profile picture is Tonae, a character from my fanfic. She is a sheikah, who are teamed up with Link against her will to restore the balance of time. She is named after my aunts username in Guildwars 2. They have a guild called Hellfire bunnies.

Heres my Deviantart: http://arceusrules98.deviantart.com/

Wiki page:http://wiki.zfgc.com/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Time_Collapse
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2013, 10:44:24 am »
  • Just call me Brad
You could have used the Porject Zelda engine for easy gamemaking, as you will need voice actors, a proper program and somebody who makes sprites and the backgruond. Also, you need to make each picture individually, as far as i know. You could also write a book :)

Yeah i know, it is hard.

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2013, 10:46:39 am »
R u really sure you'd want to do an animation??
I joined for the sake of an engine i saw on the forum, it got me quite excited to see it in use! I had found this forum some while before that, but it is only now that i see the pure awesomeness of it! XD

I cant wait to see some fanmade zelda games, nevertheless support the ones who program them :D I sure can cheer people up!

My profile picture is Tonae, a character from my fanfic. She is a sheikah, who are teamed up with Link against her will to restore the balance of time. She is named after my aunts username in Guildwars 2. They have a guild called Hellfire bunnies.

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2013, 07:59:02 pm »
  • Just call me Brad

Not sure, i really want to make aga game from my idea, but i have no idea on how to program and code. I can only map and sprite. Also i dont really have a team...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:01:51 pm by Malefor »

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2013, 09:42:36 am »

Not sure, i really want to make aga game from my idea, but i have no idea on how to program and code. I can only map and sprite. Also i dont really have a team...
With the Project Zelda engine, you don't need programming knowledge, no team and there will be tutorials. I don't know how to program or code eithr.

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2013, 10:19:22 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Ok, thanks
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2013, 01:35:28 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Did some changes to the games plot and some other stuff, yes it is going to be a game in theend but i need a team, all i can do is direct stuf, make scripts map and sprite, soo, whoever wants to help me, just say so. You can also tell me what to improve about the plot and backstories.
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2013, 04:41:08 pm »
why have you made your first post so that we have to expand everything to be able to read it?
having it all there to see may make your post larger, but it would be more comfortable to read everything.

about the plot: If link makes a wish to the triforce to change ganon's ways, that would mean ganon was evil before, but if ganon was evil how did link get all 3 triforce pieces to grant him a wish without having to defeat ganon first?

about arcanus: he became a dark mage before he was evil? how can a mage that uses his abilities for himself only and who wants more and kills his moster because of that not be evil?
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2013, 09:52:07 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Yeah, ill change it.
 EDIT: done plus ive added the boko woods backstory
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 10:21:55 am by Malefor »
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2013, 08:42:39 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
If you decide you want to do a movie and not a game:
Show content
VOICE ACTING:
I'd like to say something about what arceusrules pointed out..
...you will need voice actors...

I can almost guarantee that you will not be able to get good voice actors, and even if you managed to get "okay" voice actors to help, they might not understand how to record their voices properly and/or they will have crappy mics that simply cannot record well enough. I've seen many flash Zelda videos that suffered from voices that were clipping MASSIVELY and more often than not it is very obvious that the mics being used throughout the videos were of varying qualities, and the bad quality mics usually sound muffled. And what is the worst is when you get muffled AND clipping that causes an additional distorted sound. Just check out half of the Zelda videos on NewGrounds; you will see... oooohh, you will see.

My suggestion is to not go with full on voice acting, but instead, use voice sound clips as sort of "emotes" to accompany text. This is what Zelda games do a lot of the time. The audio clips are usually laughs and things like "ooooo!", and "humph!". Maybe go about doing the video(s) as more of a cut scene style than a full on movie style. In the end, that's probably your best bet for getting the highest quality product you can without spending some money.

If you want full voice acting, just know that you'll need to find people that: (1) have a proper mic, (2) know how to use it, and (3) can voice act at least decently. And you'd need a good number of people to meet those requirements that would want to help you for free. I meet the first two, but I have next to no experience in voice acting.

MC-STYLE ANIMATION:
If you had any version of Game Maker after version 4.1, you could pull this off pretty easily with only a little code. Actually, you could even do it with just drag and drop. I never tell people to use drag and drop because it's horrible, but if you don't know how to code and if you don't mind picking up bad game making habits and such, then it would be a good choice for you. You can easily create "rooms" and use them as "scenes". In rooms, you can place backgrounds and tiles which will make up your scenery for your scene. Then you make "objects" and these are the things that will be animated. These would be your characters and "special effects" (lolz) like explosions and magic. Honestly, it would be a very fast way to do a MC-style animated movie. I can't think of an easier way.

So yeah, that's if you choose to go back to making it just an animation of sorts. I actually think using Game Maker would be easier than PZE, because PZE would have a lot of bulk that you wouldn't need, making your project more complex than necessary. The reason is because it's set up to make a game, not just an animation. It's more like a game engine with assets where starting a new project with Game Maker let's you just add in all of your sprites and graphics and then you basically make objects that use the sprites and tell those sprites how to act and at what times.

If you want to make it a game:
Show content
You'll just have to start learning how to do things yourself for the most part. Learn how to use Google/Bing searches well. These search engines will take you to many flavors of tutorials. A proper tutorial will teach you how to make something that can at least be held up next to something professional without looking like utter crap. Always be looking at professional work in whatever area you are researching, be it sound effect quality, how to do good music that loops well for in-game use, what makes solid game mechanics, how to do smooth animation, sprite shading and lighting, story, cut scenes, etc. Basically, whenever you need to learn something like those, first look up something that is obviously professional (look at a AAA game title but try to avoid getting any ideas for proper graphics from indie games) that pulls off what you need to learn, then look for a tutorial that looks like it follows the same rules as the professional work does. Basically, you want to avoid tutorials that are full of crap, made by people that don't really know anything, and this is really the best way I know of to make sure you're getting a proper tutorial. That's about the best I can explain.

You'll notice though that as you get older and more experienced, good quality stuff becomes more and more apparent. So always keep going forward and it will get easier and easier and your stuff will get better and better.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and if you wanted to make a game, it looks like PZE would be the easiest if you don't want to try to learn code.

TL;DR: Use Game Maker if you make an animated movie. Use PZE if you want to make a game. That's the easiest/quickest way I know how you can do it without wanting to learn code.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 08:52:30 am by FrozenFire »
  • My Music

AimesGames

Aimes Games: Zelda fan games.
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2014, 09:10:47 pm »
  • Zelda fan games.
I am not sure, but I thought the rules says you must supply 3 screenshots at first announcement.
  • AimesGames's Website

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2014, 06:56:10 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I am not sure, but I thought the rules says you must supply 3 screenshots at first announcement.

The rules also state not to rent-a-mod, which you are doing.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 64 queries.

anything