Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wii U release dates, specs, bundles, prices announced  (Read 1970 times)

Wii U release dates, specs, bundles, prices anno...
« on: September 13, 2012, 08:32:22 am »
North America: November 18, $299 or $349.
Europe: November 30, €299.99 or €349.99.
Japan: December 8, ¥26,250 or ¥31,500

Sources:
http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/13/3325246/wii-u-japan-price
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/13/3321864/nintendo-wii-u-release-date-price

Particularly surprised to see that there'll be two different sets of the system sold: a simple one that includes only the GamePad and the more expensive one which includes some extra hardware.

Edit: Updated post to include NA/Europe info
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:22:11 pm by Rafa »

Mirby

Drifter
Re: Wii U on sale in Japan in December; will be ...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 09:02:27 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I hope it's still news to people here, considering it was revealed less than two hours ago. :P

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 10:35:08 am »
  • 笑い男
It's amazing, nintendo with 2 packages?! And also stating specs?! With 1gig for games and one gig reserved for the OS?! lol

3.5 hours till the other conferences/other nintendo direct with more news on software! :D

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

thestig

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 01:25:04 pm »
Apparently the sale price is $337 or something like that. Still too expensive. I'm going to pass, or unless Nintendo gives me yet another reason to shell out so much money just on the console alone. I mean why would I pay $337 up front just to play some exclusives? They aren't even as good as they were back in the day. Mario's a rehash of itself, Metroid's turned into Ninja Gaiden 2.0, and Zelda.. well, Zelda's actually "decent" I'll give Nintendo that. The 3DS is more than likely the last console I'll be buying, ever. >.>
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 01:39:54 pm »
Apparently the sale price is $337 or something like that. Still too expensive. I'm going to pass, or unless Nintendo gives me yet another reason to shell out so much money just on the console alone. I mean why would I pay $337 up front just to play some exclusives? They aren't even as good as they were back in the day. Mario's a rehash of itself, Metroid's turned into Ninja Gaiden 2.0, and Zelda.. well, Zelda's actually "decent" I'll give Nintendo that. The 3DS is more than likely the last console I'll be buying, ever. >.>

From what people are saying converting the yen straight to dollars doesn't really work or something, not sure. So the US version may be cheaper or more expensive. I'll say $20 US dollars BROFOOT

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 01:49:33 pm »
  • 笑い男
All you have to do is look at the exchange rate of other console/product releases and check the direct conversion against the real prices. You'll see that the US gets things a LOT cheaper than any old direct conversion.

Up until now it's been yen to dollar, so 25,000 yen would be 250 dollars, the exact same price as the wii and past nintendo consoles at launch. Then again, the exchange rate just keeps on bombing over time which really does hurt Japan and when the 3DS (again 250 dollars/25,000 yen) was price cut, it ended up at 15,000 yen and 180 dollars, I think it was? I think it was a little about 150 dollars anyway, so that was a little different.

Mario being mario isn't exactly strange though. People play it because it is mario, not because they love the character and want him to appear in a brand new game, but then again he does in all sorts of sports etc. Can't really say much about metroid from one game, as if one game depicts its entire future.
Your own future is also just as non-confirmed, so pretty sure there's still a huge chance you'd be buying another console at some point in that future :p (I don't understand how people can say "I'm never doing X again" over and over, unless its something much, much more serious like jumping off a building etc)

10 mins till the rest of the world are told its prices/release dates and other software etc based news

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 02:09:17 pm »
300 for the regular
349 for the premium which also comes with Nintendo land

thestig

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 02:40:25 pm »
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/09/wii-u-coming-to-america-sunday-november-18/

Still overpriced for three exclusive titles, Luke. Game consoles should be deprecated they serve no purpose anymore. Back in the 80s and 90s, it made complete sense to have different platforms. But at this point, I don't like the idea of buying games I already owned multiple times just to play it on a new console.

But still my point stands, why would anyone in this economy spend several hundred just to play some exclusive titles?
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 02:42:06 pm »
Bayonetta 2 is exclusive to the Wii U

ps3/360 fans in ruins

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 03:44:54 pm »
  • 笑い男
You make good points gm :p
I just like that nintendo try to innovate the market, making it so you don't have to give up on everything and put up with the one plain option that just exists as it is and has for a long time. I guess I just love new and interesting looking stuff. Of course those who want to buy/not buy whatever are free to do so :p

Of course software is the most important to any hardware though. Without any justifying its existence it doesn't really make sense at all.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 03:57:25 pm »
I hope it's still news to people here, considering it was revealed less than two hours ago. :P

You never know... There are people out there that jump on things like this and spread the news the instant they learn about it.
Re: Wii U release dates, specs, bundles, prices ...
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 06:32:53 pm »
Haha 350 euros! !@#$% that :P

Even 300 is a bit steep...but I'll see. I won't get it until there's any decent games I really want.
You can buy a lot of PC games or PC hardware for 300 bucks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 61 queries.