Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Return of the ZFGC Wiki!  (Read 4242 times)

thestig

Return of the ZFGC Wiki!
« on: September 26, 2012, 12:18:40 am »
Hey all! The wiki lives! So let me go over the details for you guys:

• Single sign on. Meaning, you sign on the forums, mediawiki auto-detects and takes care of your user account information
  • Introducing a new staff member: Rafa! He is out dedicated Wiki Maintainer. More details below.
  • Community Project has been moved to the wiki! Just refer to the menu above to access it!
  • Antidote's Skyward Sword Documentation has landed on the wiki as well! Feel free to check it out here!
  • Project of the Month scrapped in favor for new "Featured Project" system introduced via the Wiki. This will allow for a more flexible system where we could celebrate non-game projects as well! This will be on a non-timing strict basis, so it will not be monthly but rather on a random basis.
  • Featured User/Article also comes along with the wiki.

So the main site's pretty much deprecated at this point. But for now, we're going to keep it up there until the next site-related update gets rolled out. Also give an applause to Rafa for being ranked up to Wiki Maintainer! Through his efforts in helping the ZFGCCP Team port the GDD to the wiki, he's proven to be a worthy person to be bumped up to a staff-level position. Rafa for the most part has remained a #zfgcer, but he is still part of the community by all means. Also through the wiki maintainer position, he gets global moderator powers for the sake of managing the wiki as the wiki depends on forum-bound permissions. If there is any issues with the wiki, please contact Rafa as he will more than likely help you faster than anyone else can.

Another thing, please read the help pages! They have some useful bits of information that help detail how to get started with the wiki. Want to create your own user page? Feel free to use mine as an example. Which you can access by clicking here.

Oh and I'm too lazy to make a "Wiki Maintainer" badge so for now, it won't show up on Rafa's profile. I'll get to this probably later tonight. So, yay? Feel free to post thoughts/comments here.

EDIT: Sorry my friend, Wally. This is a major shoutout to him, for being such a good friend and helpful towards a good cause.

Also much thanks to Walnut for donating A LOOOT of the help on the Wiki. I hate that I failed to mention this, but honestly a lot of the wiki came from inspiration from when he and I did the wiki for GD-U a long time ago. So if anyone likes the wiki, I'd actually say give the credit to Walnut for being so generous in helping out before anything. ;p

Though I'm so happy to see my bridge functioning beautifully! :)
Re: Return of the ZFGC Wiki!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 12:42:28 am »
  • It's the grineer
So, can we edit pages, create pages about the fangames and that?

EDIT: I just found out the Hookshot article for KoT. The concept art it's actually very awful  :(

EDIT 2: won't normal members like me, be able to modify KoT content, for example?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 12:54:29 am by BlazeBigBang »
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 01:06:19 am »
EDIT 2: won't normal members like me, be able to modify KoT content, for example?
The great thing about MediaWiki is that it has a permissions system. You need the right access to be able to edit any pages in the KOT namespace. Unless you have that access, you'll get something telling you you're not allowed to edit the page.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 01:32:42 am »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
i was going thorugh a couple of my submissions and it a few important snippets form when converted to thewiki, are missing/wrong. Would I be able to fix it?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 01:55:14 am by Angel Plague »

thestig

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 02:09:38 am »
i was going thorugh a couple of my submissions and it a few important snippets form when converted to thewiki, are missing/wrong. Would I be able to fix it?
In the submission topic(s), please make a post there on the forums. The ZFGCCP Team will get to it asap. (or Rafa will)

thestig

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 11:01:37 am »
Also much thanks to Walnut for donating A LOOOT of the help on the Wiki. I hate that I failed to mention this, but honestly a lot of the wiki came from inspiration from when he and I did the wiki for GD-U a long time ago. So if anyone likes the wiki, I'd actually say give the credit to Walnut for being so generous in helping out before anything. ;p

Though I'm so happy to see my bridge functioning beautifully! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 49 queries.

anything