Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Screens] LOZ 3D  (Read 63761 times)

Re: [Screens] LOZ 3D
« Reply #300 on: April 29, 2010, 03:21:37 am »
  • 1 Man Army making Hylian Legends
Another test shot- with more trees :-)
« Reply #301 on: April 29, 2010, 03:32:08 am »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?
The water looks pretty realistic. What are you working on?
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>
« Reply #302 on: April 29, 2010, 04:26:12 am »
It's fog? Doesn't quite have the same look when still, does kinda look watery when still.....

Looks good in motion though :-)

My system is: Core2Duo E4400 (low end, but works :-) ), Geforce 8800, 2 gigs ram, someone could make it for >100 parts wise now. *shrug*

FPS: currently 42-60 in game, I am targeting 'older' / cheap hardware. My brother has an old amd x2 processor and geforce 7800 and he gets about the same frames.

My art tools?: Sketchup 5, a Aiptek tablet, Gimp/photoshop 7.
My Game engine?: GameCore3d
Background: No formal training
« Reply #303 on: April 29, 2010, 04:36:05 am »
XD I ment, what int he game are you working on. Are you working on an enemy model, coding, etc.
« Reply #304 on: April 29, 2010, 04:59:19 am »
lol gotcha.

A little of everything? ;-)

Wish I had a programmer again, it was nice to have one for 2-3 weeks at the start :-)

I've gotten farther programming wise- most everything that way is technically done (could be better though, and things like hookshot, and boomerang still need a true programmer as I just can't pull them off myself)
Ledge grabbing is the last real little bit I need to make a plug-in for otherwise.

Artwise- most things are just in process, as I'm moving to a more realistic, not mash-up art style.

Examples are like the ground fog and trees, slightly higher poly counts on the monsters, more townsfolk, and 'grittier' texturing. If you look closely, I have a few transitional textures in the forest- there's several normal grass textures, as well as one with leaves scattered on it, then dense leaf litter for under the trees. When the player runs across a textured area with leaves- leaves will occasionally fluff up and scatter (yay physics and particle effects!!).

I also am wicked behind with rigging- I am, honestly, terrible with it, and since my hdd crash I've not had the courage to re-rig yet, so I'm moving forward with everything else, and am caught-up or past the point I a few months back at least on the coding side- most code's been done in a library format, so that I can click together things like: conversation, store buy/selling, missions, landslides, traps, dramatic spawning, item collection, etc. faster and 'easier' than ever before. I'm.. Trying to be smarter I reckon.

............And technically - areas constitute game sections :-)

« Reply #305 on: April 29, 2010, 05:23:27 am »
I would help you with programming if I wasn't already working on two games.... By the seems of it, you are about 40% the way. The only topic you have ever made is this one, why not make a topic to attract coders insie the recruitment category?
« Reply #306 on: May 03, 2010, 11:05:20 am »
Rigging is literally an art in itself... and you have to know what you are targeting.

I've done plenty of rigging and modeling, my main weakness in 3D artwise is advanced biped and modeling techniques, plus lighting.

You just need motivation as one project can drain you lol

Once I finish my current project I'm heading to my own original games.

On the other hand I would give Unity a look as they have hordes of programming done for you... even a non programmer like me got a game running and made in Unity in just a few days lol

My programmer already coded in DX Studio so I'm going with it and moving to Unity after my Zelda project.
Game Designer and Artist

My Zelda Projects Official Site:
http://unicornslair.byethost17.com

I encourage you, please rate my Project here!
  • The Legend of Zelda: Secret Depths of the Unicorns Lair
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 52 queries.