Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: World Peace? - Truth or Fantasy?  (Read 12958 times)

World Peace? - Truth or Fantasy?
« on: July 06, 2008, 05:24:25 pm »
Now me and Pyru had this debate a while back over MSN; which after awhile I got sidetracked by some girl with big !@#$%. But yeah anyway; I'd like your oppinion on this.

Mine is that there never will be World Peace. The idea of 6 Billion people getting along all fine and pushing aside their oppinions or beliefs so's not to offend someone, or the idea of peaceful debates, to me is but a wild fantasy.

I will type more of mine when others begin to post their oppinions.

Giverny

Christ on Acid
Re: World Peace? - Truth or Fantasy?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 05:30:46 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
It is a fact that there will be no world peace. For example, Me and Source want Sharon. Me and Source hate each other, ergo, no peace. And what about the extremists? They think guns kill people, and want to ban guns. Yet, I want to own a gun so I can go to the local range and shot it. And Im not even going to say anything about robbery and things like that.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 05:31:17 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Now me and Pyru had this debate a while back over MSN; which after awhile I got sidetracked by some girl with big tots. But yeah anyway; I'd like your oppinion on this.

Mine is that there never will be World Peace. The idea of 6 Billion people getting along all fine and pushing aside their oppinions or beliefs so's not to offend someone, or the idea of peaceful debates, to me is but a wild fantasy.

I will type more of mine when others begin to post their oppinions.
No, world peace is a myth. On a global scale we may one day achieve a more peaceful way of doing things, but it seems that someone would just come in and start a bad government or something. We could have universal health care and everyone with a great education, but people would still get angry and kill other people.

The day you have world peace is the day everyone is dead.  XD
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 05:35:34 pm »
It is a fact that there will be no world peace. For example, Me and Source want Sharon. Me and Source hate each other, ergo, no peace. And what about the extremists? They think guns kill people, and want to ban guns. Yet, I want to own a gun so I can go to the local range and shot it. And Im not even going to say anything about robbery and things like that.

You've said basically what I think. But mine also included extremist religious parties.

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 05:41:11 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
Oh, I forgot about religon.
Building off of what Kylink said, if there were no religons, no extremists(srsly, dont these people belon in mental homes?) and everybody(in America) was productive, since mostly everybody are fat and lazy, there would be much more peace.

~LynkW-.
 Also, HB wants sony to die.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 06:05:27 pm »
There  can easily be world peace, what you are saying is dumb:

he idea of 6 Billion people getting along all fine and pushing aside their oppinions or beliefs so's not to offend someone, or the idea of peaceful debates, to me is but a wild fantasy.
Actually, even if you offend someone you just need to tolerate his opinion, it is not like you will kill some one who disagrees with you.. you only tolerate him.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 06:11:26 pm »
There  can easily be world peace, what you are saying is dumb:

Thank you for proving my point.

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 06:13:25 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
WHat who is saying? Me, Pyru of Bertfallen?
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 06:24:45 pm »
Never going to happen. Human nature is synonymous with conflict, getting everyone to respect and tolerate each other is just a pipe dream, there will always be one nutcase ready to break the peace, be he a religous zealot or a plain sadist.
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 06:36:35 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Never going to happen. Human nature is synonymous with conflict, getting everyone to respect and tolerate each other is just a pipe dream, there will always be one nutcase ready to break the peace, be he a religous zealot or a plain sadist.
No, it's not even one of those people. It's everybody.

How many people do you personally know get annoyed sometimes? I know I do. Everybody does. There will never be a time where somebody goes "I can't find my wallet, but I'm going to smile like an idiot because I REALLY AM HAPPY!". NO, most likely that guy will kick a puppy (or something?).
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 06:39:09 pm »
No, it's not even one of those people. It's everybody.

How many people do you personally know get annoyed sometimes? I know I do. Everybody does. There will never be a time where somebody goes "I can't find my wallet, but I'm going to smile like an idiot because I REALLY AM HAPPY!". NO, most likely that guy will kick a puppy (or something?).

Nope he'll end up pushing it all aside then getting a stress related illness :P

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 06:52:54 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
And if thar is an earthquake or something, the victims will not be peaceful.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 06:53:33 pm »
Humans are pathetic.  Those living in poverty have more and more children so that the children can work and having all of these children just multiplies the problem to an even greater extreme.  Resources are getting used up, and it is even predicted that it gas prices increase significantly that there will be riots; which is sad because bicycles exist as well.  Resources are getting wasted and if the people who existed who waste them did not exist, then it would be shocking how much resources could be saved.  Peace will never be attained because there is always someone who wants more than they deserve or there is always someone who is unwilling to compromise so that more than one party can be somewhat satisfied.  Globally, most adults are over-sized children in a selfish sandbox.  
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 07:21:45 pm »
I think world peace is possible, but not so long as we have people with such childish mindsets in power.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 08:11:40 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Even if you don't think it's possible, it's still the best goal to have. Over time hopefully more people will get the right idea.

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008, 08:15:00 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
We will never attain world peace. Humans by nature are a selfish and aggressive species, and will always resort to violence at some point to accomplish their goals. The fact that we actually have a civilized society defies our innermost primal urges.

Oh, pagebreak get.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 10:21:17 pm »
Exactly, because of human nature, there is no absolute state of peace.  If there were a completely peaceful world, someone who wants something would scheme through means of violence to attain an unfair share or resources or power.  The only way that peace is actually maintained in this world is by lack of interest in an area or by things like guns.  It doesn't always work, due to the inequalities of sides (local interests compared to global, and one side having more strength), but deterrence works. 

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 10:24:01 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
Dont forget that in order to have peace, we cant have homosexuals, femenist problems, mental retards, and other disabled people.
Have anybody read that book "The Giver"?
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 10:25:25 pm »
Dont forget that in order to have peace, we cant have homosexuals, femenist problems, mental retards, and other disabled people.
Those themselves are not a cause of unrest, the cause is peoples intolerance.
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 10:38:14 pm »
The Giver himself knew basically everything and was still a kind person.  I find Brave New World as a good book for peace; there are orgies, clones, brainwashing, and drugs.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 73 queries.

anything