Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Revise]Piers  (Read 5762 times)

[Revise]Piers
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:52:46 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Around Hyrule at bodies of water are piers where you can use a fishing rod to catch fish, that can be sold in the poor market of hyrule for rupees, depending on how rare it is. Occasionally you can accidentally pull up a random octorock, and it'll attack you. Rarer than the chance of pulling octorock, is the chance of accidentally pulling up a Gyorg(Purple Shark). It will attack you and you'll get rarer rupees for killing it, if your extremely unlucky or lucky(Depending on how you'll see it), an Alpha Gyorg may be pulled up, and it'll attack you. It'll act like a mini-boss, but once it's defeated it'll drop a heart piece for you to collect.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:33:59 pm by MG-Zero »
Re: [Submission]Piers
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 07:56:11 pm »
Okay, this kinda sound like a Pokemon game. However we don't have a fishing rod in the game.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 07:58:00 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I'm just saying an idea I had. I got the idea, from when I was catching bombfish in TP, for the normal fish. That's what I based it off of.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:00:17 pm by zdude684 »
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 04:29:04 am »
I liked the idea.
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 10:31:48 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I like it too, although programming TOO many rare things seems like a lot, but this is a nice idea. Is there any way we could do it without necessitating a fishing rod item? Maybe it's a mini game, there will most likely be piers to access the river, but we could have fishing rods just sitting on a few of them, and you have the option to pick them up, which would initiate the fishing game. Rather than making a whole item. And the fishing game would allow you to catch fish, which maybe you'd need a bottle for, maybe not, and you could then sell, occasionally octorocks would pop up, and rarely you'd get a shark.
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 10:37:11 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I like it too, although programming TOO many rare things seems like a lot, but this is a nice idea. Is there any way we could do it without necessitating a fishing rod item? Maybe it's a mini game, there will most likely be piers to access the river, but we could have fishing rods just sitting on a few of them, and you have the option to pick them up, which would initiate the fishing game. Rather than making a whole item. And the fishing game would allow you to catch fish, which maybe you'd need a bottle for, maybe not, and you could then sell, occasionally octorocks would pop up, and rarely you'd get a shark.
I'm fine with the fishing pole being at the piers. Though I kind of think it's a bit cool, fighting the Alpha Gyorg, and once it's defeated for the first time, it spits up a heart piece, and it falls of the dock. The normal Gyorgs can be caught with the fishing rock, but they will mostly be found swimming in bodies of water. I think that should suffice.
Re: [Revise]Piers
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 08:07:20 pm »
Would be kinda cool as a minigame for sure, and would allow for a heartpiece(or did you prefer container?). Perhaps there could be a fellow with a fishing boat to handle it. Possibly make it  something like this in terms of view; http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv177/avaneanime/Fishing1.jpg

But with, y'know, a boat! Just a suggestion.
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 08:12:43 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
You do something similar to that, but in 2.5D point of view, and the reason for the piers around hyrule, would be for different kinds of fish depending on the area, and if you wanted the heart piece from the Alpha Gyorg you'd have to go around hyrule to look for the it by asking a fisherman at the dock, and theres an Alpha Gyorg around he'll say it's a good day to fish.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 08:14:39 pm by zdude684 »
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 08:13:14 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Well all good Zelda games have good mini games.  I think that this would make a good mini game as fictionaldogs said.  That being said perhaps we should open up a forum for mini game submissions?

btw welcome to ZFGC ficionaldogs.

if you wanted the heart piece from the alpha gyorg you'd have to go around hyrle to get it, by asking a fisherman at the dock if its a good day to fish.

Seconded.  I think that would be pretty sweet!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 08:17:11 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Well all good Zelda games have good mini games.  I think that this would make a good mini game as fictionaldogs said.  That being said perhaps we should open up a forum for mini game submissions?
if you wanted the heart piece from the alpha gyorg you'd have to go around hyrle to get it, by asking a fisherman at the dock if its a good day to fish.
Seconded.  I think that would be pretty sweet!
Aero, I've updated that line to make it more understandable.

-BTW Welcome to ZFGC, ficionaldogs.
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 08:21:44 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Yeah, no worries, I understood what you were saying.

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 08:21:55 pm »
Ah, all sounds good then. :) And thanks for the welcome.
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 06:28:08 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

Said forum exists, I just haven't made it visible yet! Gotta find a competent reviewer :)

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 06:29:38 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I wouldn't mind helping out if it's possible.

What do you mean by competent reviewer?
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 06:30:39 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Someone who knows the doc, knows the project, submission rules and won't go around accepting everything that gets submitted without a detailed review.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 06:34:48 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I know a deal about the doc,(Though not everything), I understand the the detailed review part(I honestly don't think that a submission should be accepted without a pretty much full review of it.), and I feel that I understand the Submission rules.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.413 seconds with 68 queries.