Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need helpers  (Read 9106 times)

I need helpers
« on: April 05, 2017, 05:09:33 pm »
so I am currently trying to make skyward sword in 2D so a link to the past graphics but I don't know how to code or sprite or anything so I need help. if your interested reply then make a map of skyward sword in a link to the past graphics doesn't have to be a map anything from skyward sword then email me what you've made at pottermax850@gmail.com thanks! (also I don't know how this works I'm new)
Re: I need helpers
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 02:45:45 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Do you have any content to show for the project?  You'll tend to get a better response for this type of thing if you have something to show

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 02:46:32 pm »
Don't mind me.  I am just an idiot with an opinion based on first hand experience.

If you want this game, dig in for it.  Don't be discouraged.  Believe you can.  Know you can.  The only one stopping you is you.  The moment you give up is the moment it is gone.

:)

With that said, i am going back to my rum.

Peace.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 09:20:49 pm by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 02:52:28 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Tip #2: Use what is available!  spriters-resource.com and vgmaps.com are great resources for sprites that already exist.

We have an archive here as well under the resources navigation section :)

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 04:05:51 pm »
ill look in to that thanks! :D

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 02:41:08 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I don't mean to scare you, but I want to bring up this quote from TFS:

Tip #1:  Learn to code.  It's not difficult.  Coding at a beginner fangame level is no more difficult than elementary algebra.

This is just simply not true, especially for your case. Coding is difficult. There's a reason why schools have 3-year long programs teaching it to people, and even after you're done school, you still learn, and learn, and learn. The project you are recruiting for is basically an RPG, which is literally the first thing every noob in this industry wants to do and it's the equivalent to shooting themselves in the foot. If you want to learn how to code, find a smaller project and do that first. Don't shun this project, but learn with something smaller and less grandiose.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 04:34:01 pm »
Stuff was posted that was wrong here...

I'll say this:  you do well in basic geomtry and story problems involving algebra, you will do well if you decide to learn to code fangames.  Logic and problem solving are good foundation blocks.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 09:17:51 pm by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 06:31:16 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I guess I should have said that learning to code is not difficult?  Getting into the complex stuff gets more and more difficult, but learning the basics should be more towards the simpler side.  My fault.

RPGs do get more complex than say Galaga.  Many pieces to the final puzzle, as they say.

You are incredibly, incredibly wrong, but it's alright. RPGs are extremely complex, especially as a first project.

(btw I know that sounds harsh but just know it's not, ok)
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 11:51:17 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
One of the most important qualities that must be in place for any fan game to be made is a passion for the project.  Above the initial coding experience, the art skills, or musical ear.  If you have passion for the project then a natural process will begin to take place.  You will start looking for ways to get it done and in that process you will begin to learn how to code, how to do simple pixel art, and even how to either find, or make simple music.

One of the best ways to encourage people to help with a project is to show that you are passionate and dedicated to seeing it though.  That is difficult to do if you don't have a code base, story, or graphics to show.  That doesn't mean the passion isn't there, it just means you are in the beginning stages.  I know, because that is exactly where I started.  No coding experience, pixel art experience, sound experience.  Nothing...  Just a passion to make something.  I started out trying to make a zelda fan game.  I asked questions at  the GMC, since I was using Game Maker...  And I mean a LOT of questions!  Not question like "how do you make a zelda fan game?", but instead questions like.  "How do you make Link move left when you push the left arrow key?"

Building your game will be a very long list of individual questions such as the example I gave above.  As you piece the answers together both by your own research and by asking others for answers, your game will start to take shape.

I hope that this thread does not discourage you from working towards building the project you would love to see finished.  If "skyward sword in 2D" is something you feel passionate about than it is exactly the driving force you need to help motivate you to learn.  As you work on it you will learn more and more!  At some point you may even get to a point where you feel like you learned so much that you need to start over to make it better.  That is okay.  It is all part of the process.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 11:55:28 pm by Aero88 »

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 02:27:05 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
I just want to note that I'm not trying to discourage, but simply pointing out that "coding is easy" is simply wrong.
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 06:07:18 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
The best artists learn simply by doing. Try to break your project down into bits and figure out how to accomplish them. Instead of looking at it like "how do I make Skyward Sword in 2D?" maybe start with "how do I draw a sprite to the screen?".

The more you practice the better you'll get. I disagree that you HAVE to go spend years in school or abandon your passion project just because you're new to the game, the important thing really is that you keep tackling problems systemically and continuing to learn and grow as an artist.

At the same time however starting with something smaller to learn the basics isn't a bad idea at all if you can set aside some time for it, simply because it's a lot easier to break down simple projects into their "components" and figure out what makes them tick. I recommend trying to make a simple Tetris clone to start. There's a ton of information online that you can use to get you started and as far as project flow goes it's pretty basic and simple.

Good luck!
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 07:56:37 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
so I am currently trying to make skyward sword in 2D so a link to the past graphics but I don't know how to code or sprite or anything so I need help. if your interested reply then make a map of skyward sword in a link to the past graphics doesn't have to be a map anything from skyward sword then email me what you've made at pottermax850@gmail.com thanks! (also I don't know how this works I'm new)

What program are you using for this idea? Game Maker? Solarus? rpg maker? etc?   :huh:

Also welcome.
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 12:26:03 am »
thank you all for your replies my main issue though s that I'm not good at making maps and adding sprites I use solarus so its not hard but I need help making the maps and adding and making sprites that's all

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 61 queries.