Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved] Some sprites for my game  (Read 3148 times)

cpprograms

Banned
[Solved] Some sprites for my game
« on: October 05, 2006, 11:52:44 pm »
I could really use some sprites and textures for my game, which I am creating from scratch in java with a friend of mine as a yearlong project. I'd like them done in a somewhat cartoony style, but not completely cartoon at the same time. If this isn't very specific, I'm sure I'll be satisfied with whatever comes out of it. I had some sprites I wanted to work with before, but it turns out that the person who told me to use them and another person were both wrong in saying they were free for use.

Anyway also some textures and objects in this style would be nice

I could REALLY use a temporary sprite for the main character, as well as a grass texture and an object or two by the end of the weekend, as I need to showcase a demo of the game, and my current main character, a vibrating arrow, is not very effective. I need to pretty it up.

Thanks in advance for all of your help, and more information about the overall project is available in recruiting and advertising, where my original topic is posted.

Update:

Now my requests change and become more specific, and much less urgent. Mostly it is based on the sheets posted by dragonmaster here.  and also this:

Basically, what I need is animations of any sprites on the base sheet. Also any other graphics in the same style would be appreciated.

The only nonexistant sprite I really _need_ is a ship. A ship is/was planned to be the main form of transportation in the game, so one of these would be quite important.

If I could get one character animated soon, it would help me greatly. As of now the main character is _still_ a vibrating arrow, as I don't have any sprites with four directions to them. I have a couple with three possible ones (left and right can be mirrored, but up and down are two different things.) but this isn't quite enough :p Diagonal views are unnecessary.

Any people who animate/create new graphics will be added to the credits, unless they wish to remain anonymous of course :P

Some midi music would be nice also, but I can do without that for now. (Plus this is graphic arts)

Thanks for all your help thus far guys, and I'll have a demo up for you soon. (If anyone knows anything about getting java archives to work properly with images contained in them, please get in contact with me. I'm having serious issue with this at the moment, and I can't seem to find adequate help.)

~ Chris

~ Chris
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 01:56:50 am by 4Sword »
  • cpprograms
Re: Request: Some sprites for my game
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 01:46:38 pm »
  • :3
why dont you just use rpgsprites for a wile... in the mean wile i think i can try to make something
  • daniel-kun

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 01:51:00 am »
I know nothing of these rpgsprites... please enlighten me
  • cpprograms
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 01:56:40 am »
  • =/
 I think he means downloading the illegal rpg maker xp, stealing all their sprites (Why did they make an export button is beyond me) and using those as temporary graphics for your game.
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 10:20:04 am »
Or, um, download the slightly more legal RTPe.exe and using the graphics from that as a temporary solution :P.

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 10:25:28 am »
Stolen graphics/ILLEGAL graphics are NOT an option here, thanks. I am going to find some free use sprites if I really need to (true free use ones this time, not just someone told me they were free use and I listened.)
  • cpprograms
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 02:40:29 pm »

CRedits !!!
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 05:54:47 pm »
  • [sic]
Slapped some quick stuff together for ya. despite the character sprite, none are edits. Honest.

EDIT: No point using this, DM has said his stuff is for free use, and he has more:
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=9268.0

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 04:26:29 am »
Kame, I might try to use your character somewhere, though I'm not sure where I can fit him. I may use your water over Chris's, though I'll have to see which fits it better. As for the grass I am split between three choices - Chris's, yours, and mine. Mine is crap so that's out more than likely... yours and his are pretty similar tho so idk... Whatever you'll be in the credits at the very least.

As for you deku stick, I am pretty sure those won't fit into the main game, but there will be a series of mini games included in the game. I think in the future I'll try to stick your sprites in one of those. We already have a helicopter game clone to throw in - the airplane game :D!

Anyway now my requests change and become more specific, and much less urgent. Mostly it is based on the sheets posted by dragonmaster here.  and also this:

Basically, what I need is animations of any sprites on the base sheet. Also any other graphics in the same style would be appreciated.

The only nonexistant sprite I really _need_ is a ship. A ship is/was planned to be the main form of transportation in the game, so one of these would be quite important.

If I could get one character animated soon, it would help me greatly. As of now the main character is _still_ a vibrating arrow, as I don't have any sprites with four directions to them. I have a couple with three possible ones (left and right can be mirrored, but up and down are two different things.) but this isn't quite enough :p Diagonal views are unnecessary.

Any people who animate/create new graphics will be added to the credits, unless they wish to remain anonymous of course :P

Some midi music would be nice also, but I can do without that for now. (Plus this is graphic arts)

Thanks for all your help thus far guys, and I'll have a demo up for you soon. (If anyone knows anything about getting java archives to work properly with images contained in them, please get in contact with me. I'm having serious issue with this at the moment, and I can't seem to find adequate help.)

~ Chris
  • cpprograms
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 05:43:02 am »
im gonna try to make some  ;)
  • daniel-kun

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 01:09:20 am »
I just wanna say don't forget about me. I did the first demo without any nice sprites because that was just before I found out I had pemission from DM. I'm traveling towards a second demo now, in which I will use the sprites, granted someone can please make me one sprite with views for walking and standing in ALL FOUR cardinal directions. I've got three but neither of the members of the team are talented enough to make that fourth direction. Doing this with more characters than one would be greatly appreciated, as I would like the NPCs in the game to be able to move around, as well as possibly other party members.

Please get me this soon?

Thanks a lot, and as soon as I get JAR files working and a second demo working, I'll release it to the public.

~ Chris
  • cpprograms
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 11:35:38 pm »
  • [sic]
Well, I started makin' a ship sprite, but then realized, how big do you want it relative to the character sprites, and how many directions? 1, 2, 4, or 8? (Not doing more than that, sorry)

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 12:27:29 am »
A ship isn't that necessary, since the story changed, but still it would be useul. I'd make it either on or two tiles (check the sprite sheet for the size) long, and four directions is it.
  • cpprograms
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 60 queries.