Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGC just isn't...ZFGC  (Read 9320 times)

ZFGC just isn't...ZFGC
« on: November 26, 2006, 09:16:26 pm »
  • n___n
I think the name ZFGC doesn't really work now anymore. I mean, sure there is still some interest in Zelda games here, but there's almost the same amount of Misc. Fangames as there are Zelda fangames. Zelda Fan Game Central seems too specific of a name for what the forum really is. I think if we renamed the forums and created a site (that linked to the forum) this site could be something alot bigger.

Or we could eliminate every non zelda thing on the forums.

yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
Re: ZFGC just isn't...ZFGC
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 09:18:32 pm »
*wonders what the site team is doing*
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 09:22:33 pm »
  • A little Alive
I think the name ZFGC doesn't really work now anymore. I mean, sure there is still some interest in Zelda games here, but there's almost the same amount of Misc. Fangames as there are Zelda fangames. Zelda Fan Game Central seems too specific of a name for what the forum really is. I think if we renamed the forums and created a site (that linked to the forum) this site could be something alot bigger.

MMmm I agree sorry
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 09:23:07 pm »
ZFGC isn't ZFGC for ages already it was a bit ZFGC before it got murdered.
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 09:24:29 pm »

I agree with you, hey with have the same amount, but zelda talk is still something big, we can't rename it since alot of people will be like "hey i want the old zfgc, *goes to create a forum with the exact same things as zfgc* then people will leave and story will repeat... remember GA? we made what you said, but the admins made an incorrect desicion,because they realized that adding a site was something people were not willing to help."
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 09:25:28 pm »
  • w00t
Things change you know.  While OoT2D isn't the main focus of the forum anymore, which probably contributes to the slow decline of interest in Zelda fangames, there's still enough interest to constitute keeping the name. 

Besides, I'd rather not have another Gamers Advanced saga occur.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 09:27:01 pm »
  • A little Alive

I agree with you, hey with have the same amount, but zelda talk is still something big, we can't rename it since alot of people will be like "hey i want the old zfgc, *goes to create a forum with the exact same things as zfgc* then people will leave and story will repeat... remember GA? we made what you said, but the admins made an incorrect desicion,because they realized that adding a site was something people were not willing to help."

then maybe, they should locked the misc stuff for a few weeks to see how it goes...
thats what I did with my site and the off-topic things..
offt-opic was getting alot but not the other ones, so I locked it for a few weeks and it going beter with the other posts
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 09:28:09 pm »
See, there is a bit of a difference here, if ZFGC did change its focus from Zelda, to *Game Development*, you wouldn't have a GA saga, because GA was not focused on game development. GA was the product of people who did not want to loose such a massive user database. We learned the hard way, that something like that cannot happen. I ensure you it wont happen again. Changing focus like that wouldn't be harmful, but people would have to get more serious about the subject, which is game development.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 09:28:20 pm »
  • *whistle*
Names are arbitrary. I don't believe it'd make a bit of difference if we changed the Z to anything else. :P
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 09:29:28 pm »
  • A little Alive
See, there is a bit of a difference here, if ZFGC did change its focus from Zelda, to *Game Development*, you wouldn't have a GA saga, because GA was not focused on game development. GA was the product of people who did not want to loose such a massive user database. We learned the hard way, that something like that cannot happen. I ensure you it wont happen again. Changing focus like that wouldn't be harmful, but people would have to get more serious about the subject, which is game development.

but what do you think about my idea?
i meen, isn't it beter if the misc topics and stuff got locked for a few week or who know 1 week just to test?
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 09:30:31 pm »
  • n___n

Exactly. If we had a new forum just based around Game Development, there could still be all of the Zelda Fangames, Sprites and Music, but the name wouldn't imply that "everything here is Zelda"

There could be user submitted tutorials, reviews, etc. ZFGC is a large community and it needs more of an interactive community besides posting on a forum.
yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 09:34:35 pm »
I think testing your Idea kevin would most likely fail and anger a lot of people. We know they enjoy their off-topic and misc boards. ZFGC has moved past the concept of just zelda focused game development, and there is a lot of misc topics discussing game development there. I know what the result would be, and it would be a lot of people pissed off at me for locking boards for no reason at all, and that we're dependent on not just Zelda related content. Its very predictable. Your test doesn't need to be done at all.

I see one thing standing in the way of an idea like this, which is will people get more serious about game development itself?

Also, for the concept of "GA saga" even if ZFGC decided to do "game development' rather than just focusing on Zelda fan games specifically, there would still (yes we said this for GA too) be areas for fan game development, but sit and think about this, our subject is not changing, just getting less specific, so you guys would not loose anything realistically.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2006, 09:37:09 pm »
  • A little Alive
Hej why not make an poll
ask the people what they want!:)
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2006, 09:37:17 pm »
I remember on the old ZFGC every fangame was looking amazing. And Zac's MMgb was in those days still alive and Knightmare's OOTgb was in full production. They where like my hero's in that time and every fangame also looked like it would be finished. Nowadays we have a misc work board allot ZFGC veteran's left. We get allot fangame's that don't look good and we already know they won't have a chance at getting finished at all. And Knightmare's OOTgb seems to be dead.
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2006, 09:46:52 pm »
Guys, are you !@#$% retarded? Now don't get me wrong, I don't mean to be offensive but I feel a need to get this across. Zelda Fan Game Central is Zelda Fan Game Central. It's not the same because of each and every one of us, because we changed, because we wanted something else, something more. If you don't think we all live around Zelda then you're not paying much attention. All of our themes are based around Zelda, and the majority of our sprites and projects are too. Yeah, there's things on here that aren't related to Zelda but so what? If that's causing your brain to melt down then you should probably lock yourself in a room with all your Zelda merchandise and never face the real world ever again.

You see, this IS a damn Zelda Fan forum. It's all based around Zelda and Zelda fan games. We have a Zelda Fan Game event called z3, and we regularly talk about Zelda. In fact, Zelda is the thing we talk about the most. Sure we talk about general life and don't limit ourselves but when you look at it this IS a Zelda board and it hasn't changed. The only changes that we've had is people have grown up, and ZFGC is going to have lots more to it if that's your problem with it. Just trust me on this one, ZFGC is ZFGC. So stop creating stupid arguments, either grow up with the rest of us or accept the fact that the rest of the world is changing with age. Whatever you do stop making topics like this because it's just !@#$% retarded.

Okay, I've said my thing now. It'll either sink in or you'll just lash at me, proving my point.

Names are arbitrary. I don't believe it'd make a bit of difference if we changed the Z to anything else. :P

I disagree, there's not a single 4 letter COM domain left out there so it would make a difference because we'd have to have a longer domain :P

I'd honestly keep the domain name the way it was, if we did change, gives representation for what we were at one point in time. That is something very important.

I do agree, and I think you were a bit flamey in what you said, but we are focused on Zelda currently, and this is just a strong community that chooses to discuss other things, but its good to look at our options and see maybe if making the scope wider would assist on the core focus (which in my opinion isn't even zelda, its developing zelda fan games). In reality, we need to look at our options to continue growth, without things getting old and dry. Maybe this is why we're in such a rut?
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2006, 09:50:32 pm »
  • n___n
I understand your point Sol, but as it stands ZFGC is just a dorky little fan forum with hopeless fan projects and little resources.

By widening the scope of the forums aim (as Andrew said) we can emphasize more on coding, spriting and other core aspects of development. Change is good. All created fan sprites can be stored in an archive on the site somewhere, along with other resources.
yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2006, 10:07:16 pm »
  • A little Alive
I understand your point Sol, but as it stands ZFGC is just a dorky little fan forum with hopeless fan projects and little resources.

By widening the scope of the forums aim (as Andrew said) we can emphasize more on coding, spriting and other core aspects of development. Change is good. All created fan sprites can be stored in an archive on the site somewhere, along with other resources.

yeah I agree, if people would just fockies on the zelda fan games, as in the spritering and tileing,and code what ever then the ''hopeless'' fan game would become ''great'' plus more finished games would be on the site, wich means more people will come to play wich means, zfgc will become more famous for zelda fan games, wich means he disurfs the name, wich means we are all happy one big old happy famalie, any way,
we just need to fockies on the zelda stuff more :)
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2006, 10:16:30 pm »

yeah I agree, if people would just fockies on the zelda fan games, as in the spritering and tileing,and code what ever then the ''hopeless'' fan game would become ''great'' plus more finished games would be on the site, wich means more people will come to play wich means, zfgc will become more famous for zelda fan games, wich means he disurfs the name, wich means we are all happy one big old happy famalie, any way,
we just need to fockies on the zelda stuff more :)
proof please? man this is kinda stupid, If you want to close the Misc. games forum you should really think it. Since alot of people just focus on those forums, and if you think that people will actually post more tiles and sprites in the zelda section, it won't happen since alot of people will leave, and only the bad spriters will continue here.. Alot of people will leave, since I don't know if you have noticed, but all the games that are sometime famous like "OoL" or anyother, all the team decides that making a fan game is not worthy and go to something more original, beleive me i was working on a zelda game two years ago, and it is so limited that it is almost impossible to be original.
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2006, 10:25:36 pm »
I think Kevin is the only one of all of us who suggested closing boards to see the reaction of the users. Thats not something that needs to be done, because I already know that the reaction will be. Not something worth testing (as I said just a while ago).

The way I see this, if it were to be done. Is a place for game development (as this is now) but the actual focus moved from Zelda to directly development. There would be no removal of fan game development, or really zelda development for that matter. Thats what I see when I think about it.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~

Kirby

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2006, 10:27:12 pm »
ZFGC is still the same except it doesn't have OOT2D. People have been saying "ZFGC is not ZFGC" since the beginning of time. It's just not true lol. We're working on making it better, and it will be better. For now just bare with us.

We will take all of these suggestions into consideration :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 10:31:44 pm by Kirby »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 77 queries.