Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Where In The World is Carmen Spamiago?  (Read 29420 times)

Re: Where In The World is Carmen Spamiago?
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 02:00:06 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Anyways, in my honest opinion, I think Spam should just stay gone now >_>
If you don't like the board, just don't go to it <_<

It's not that I don't like it... I just think it would be better for the forum if it were gone.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 02:05:38 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
It's not that I don't like it... I just think it would be better for the forum if it were gone.

...Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there less spam everywhere else after the board was instated?

Isn't that what's best for the forum?  Less spam?
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 02:06:09 am »
  • Super Hero Time!

...Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there less spam everywhere else after the board was instated?

No there was till the same amount of spam.
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 02:09:26 am »

Don't cling to that argument. Too many people believe a Spam forum causes less spam everywhere else, but people aren't that stupid to spam in a normal forum just because of withdrawal.
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 02:09:45 am »
No there was till the same amount of spam.
...Then, I guess I must have spent less time on the rest of the forum.

To be honest though, I think that may have been best for the board.  I am a horrible, horrible person who likes to string along entire communities of people over fan games that do in fact exist, but will never be completed.  In addition, the community also... I dunno.  After I stopped visiting the other forums, my dark mood improved.  It was really odd... It was as if ZFGC was this dark cloud that hung over my head, and suddenly it was gone, and I could see the sun.

Also, why would the removal of the spam forum be better for ZFGC?  What would change?

Don't cling to that argument. Too many people believe a Spam forum causes less spam everywhere else, but people aren't that stupid to spam in a normal forum just because of withdrawal.

That may be true, but it would also reduce the... "stickyness" of the site.  That is, people would come here once a day, maybe reply to a few topics, and then leave.  In my experience, the spam forum causes me to come here, post in a few topics, then post some spam while remaining on the forum and checking for updates.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 02:11:29 am by trelantana »
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 02:12:23 am »
  • Silly cat!
* Hoffy looks at the topic title.

I think I may have created a ZFGC meme.

* Hoffy crosses that off the To Do List.

Hoffy.
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 02:13:02 am »
The staff at least claimed for the most part that the creation of the Spam board decreased spam in other areas.  If it was there observation that the opposite was true, then they probably changed their minds.  Even so, an Announcement is better than being left in the dark about it as the replies in this topic would cease or take new direction for the most part.
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 02:13:07 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Also, why would the removal of the spam forum be better for ZFGC?  What would change?

Hmm I don't know... maybe members will mature more? Myself included.

Pyrazor

PUMP UP DA JAMS!
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 02:15:07 am »
  • OH LARD IZ PORKCHOP, BUST OUT DA HAPPY SNACKS
There's always the IRC chat for various nonsensical things.

I C'Z U
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 02:15:32 am »
That may be true, but it would also reduce the... "stickyness" of the site.  That is, people would come here once a day, maybe reply to a few topics, and then leave.  In my experience, the spam forum causes me to come here, post in a few topics, then post some spam while remaining on the forum and checking for updates.
Really? Out of habit, I check every hour for updates. There's also the chat.

Oh, damnit Pyra, you beat me to it. I need to get on IRC anywayz.
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 02:19:12 am »
Hmm I don't know... maybe members will mature more? Myself included.
...In my experience, spam removal doesn't make you mature.  It makes you... Well, fill to near-explosion level with spam.

I know because... During my long, long absence from the community awhile back, I actually became less mature.

Sadly, it's true.  I am such a sad person in real life that the board is my... biggest thing.

...It's not that I don't have friends in real life; I have tons of them.  I just don't like them.  They're annoying, whiny and above all else, they subconsciously order me around and expect me to do their bidding.  I say no to them most of the time... But I detest being asked.

Sorry, got a little off topic.  Spam withdrawal is already starting to hit me.

Really? Out of habit, I check every hour for updates. There's also the chat.

...There's never anyone IN the IRC.  And when there is, it's all about child-molestation or something.

...NO JOKE.  Yesterday there was apparrently some sort of chat about this 15 year old being hot.  And while I'm relatively sure no one on was actually 15 years old (I forget who was saying they were, I'm relatively sure I remember knowing for a fact that they were not who they were claiming to be), I still left.  THat's...  not what I want in IRC chats.  Aren't there like... Mods or something in the IRC?
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 02:23:29 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I feel the same way, trelantana. The Spam forum is my outlet that keeps me from going insane. I'm already starting to lose my mind without it. >_<

Pyrazor

PUMP UP DA JAMS!
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2008, 02:25:45 am »
  • OH LARD IZ PORKCHOP, BUST OUT DA HAPPY SNACKS

That is because I am the God Damned Pyrazor.  Now let's all get in the chat and have a party.  A party of pure AWESOME.

~Boom de yada

I C'Z U
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2008, 02:28:55 am »

That is because I am the God Damned Pyrazor.  Now let's all get in the chat and have a party.  A party of pure AWESOME.

~Boom de yada

AGREED.  I shall bring my hat of soup!
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 02:31:15 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I feel the same way, trelantana. The Spam forum is my outlet that keeps me from going insane. I'm already starting to lose my mind without it. >_<
If that's what keeps you sane...just leave then.

The Spam forum was pretty much a waste as it was full of daily !@#$% that's albeit funnier than most junk 4Chan pumps out...it's still depressing how it lacks humour. Also it seems after i asked for myself to be removed....everyone was removed.

Regulus: 1
Spam-!@#$%:0
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2008, 02:37:46 am »

The Spam forum was pretty much a waste as it was full of daily !@#$% that's albeit funnier than most junk 4Chan pumps out...it's still depressing how it lacks humour. Also it seems after i asked for myself to be removed....everyone was removed.

Wrong, the board itself was "removed".  Look at my usergroup and look at yours.  Seriously, I know it amounts to the same effect, but really, most of what I have written in this topic is not only relevant but insightful.  I do not know what is up with the way you are acting, but if there is something going on in your life, don't bottle it up.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2008, 02:39:13 am »
  • b e p i s

Grow up. God damn it, grow up. You are not a mature adult because you do not like Spam. Cut the pretentious, holier-than-thou attitude, or you will be banned. I hate to say !@#$% like that because it makes me look like a tool, but we can't tolerate behavior like this when we're trying to build a stronger community. You saying things like this makes me !@#$% sick to my stomach as a moderator and as a staff member, as I'm here to try and help, not tear things down like you seem so totally hell-bent on doing.

You are no better than anyone on 4chan (and also, a lot of 4chan is actually pretty civil...you just visit /b/, apparently.) You are no better than anyone who posted in Spam. You are no better than anyone on this forum, and if you ask me, if you keep making !@#$% STUPID posts like this, you're worse. Work on your social skills or get out.

I'm not kidding.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2008, 02:46:28 am »
Yeah, I  just got spam banned from IRC.  Or something.  I'm not familiar with IRC bot commands.

Spam is obviously not allowed on IRC.  Give us a forum, or else I'm going to go crazy.  In fact, I already have.  Just ask the people in the IRC right now.

This post is not spam.  It is a report of what happenned when I went on IRC and attempted to spam like I was told.  It does not work.  Users be warned.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 02:49:09 am by trelantana »
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2008, 02:46:47 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Grow up. God damn it, grow up. You are not a mature adult because you do not like Spam. Cut the pretentious, holier-than-thou attitude, or you will be banned. I hate to say !@#$% like that because it makes me look like a tool, but we can't tolerate behavior like this when we're trying to build a stronger community. You saying things like this makes me !@#$% sick to my stomach as a moderator and as a staff member, as I'm here to try and help, not tear things down like you seem so totally hell-bent on doing.

You are no better than anyone on 4chan (and also, a lot of 4chan is actually pretty civil...you just visit /b/, apparently.) You are no better than anyone who posted in Spam. You are no better than anyone on this forum, and if you ask me, if you keep making !@#$% STUPID posts like this, you're worse. Work on your social skills or get out.

I'm not kidding.

Thank you.

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2008, 03:09:35 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
Anyone who thinks that /b/ is an accurate portrayal of all of 4chan needs to visit /w/, /wg/, or /ic/ more.

Anyway, personally, I'm not too bummed about the disappearance of Spam. I mean, I would like an explanation seeing as it was here one day and gone the next, but that's out of curiosity. Spam was really pretty stupid.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 74 queries.

anything