Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion to Mods about SPAM  (Read 23414 times)

Suggestion to Mods about SPAM
« on: June 22, 2006, 01:09:10 am »
  • Personal Text
Apperantly, a lot of the people on ZFGC don't know that this is called the "Zelda Fan Game Central."  and yet they still join.  almost the only active forum we have on ZFGC is only "off-topic" and "spam"
most of the people are only here to post on spam.  and so, what I think is that the post that are spammy to be moved to spam, and also no one is allowed to post in the spam section as well. 
Because a lot of users create accounts to use ONLY spam, which I think is a waste of time and names.
and guess what.  Zelda Fan Game Central.  This is only a suggestion.  and I hope no one takes this offencifly.

Pedlya has gotton annoyed with spam as well...  and WTF?!?! "The !@#$% Game" thats a little n00bish, sorry
I was told to start it here
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 01:57:24 am by Mewgull »
Re: Suppestion to Mods about SPAM
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 01:11:41 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Nah, I don't see that resulting in anything but problems ;)

We're working on the Zelda Fan Game Central part of it... the best thing you could do right now is to support z3!  w00t!

z3!!!

Limey

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 01:12:57 am »
Delete spam, I quit.  I've been here years before you, and I dont plan on leaving withought a fight.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 01:14:46 am »
  • Personal Text
OPPS! I guess I'll hate you
starts chanting *spam must die*
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 01:23:20 am by Mewgull »
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 01:22:16 am »
We are going to have a talk about the Spam area in our next mod meeting..which will be soon. We arent ignoring it, and probably will cut down Spam during Z3 or something similar.
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 01:23:29 am »
But then again, we can bring up the argument, of those who wish to, can in fact ignore the board.
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 01:26:53 am »
When has ignoring something in the history of mankind ever solved anything?
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 01:28:08 am »
When has ignoring something in the history of mankind ever solved anything?
Well, if one feels it clutters the board, you can click a button and... problem solved! :D
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 01:29:37 am »
  • Personal Text
no!
I think we sould get rid of it completely.
mods have to agree with me, if we don't do something about it soon, spam will be overflowing with useless topics, and not Zelda related!  and I don't know for certain, but I think that spam topics are the reason to ZFGC is going down.

We are going to have a talk about the Spam area in our next mod meeting..which will be soon. We arent ignoring it, and probably will cut down Spam during Z3 or something similar.
it would be cool to me a Mod, but  then again, I am not.  and I hope spam will be gone, or at least not able to post in it. only for useless topics.  Also are you going to talk about WARN systems? because if you are going to lose the privalage for spam, and someone posts spam somewhere else, you should set up a warn system and give a warning to the people who spam, instead of PM warning like Dylan(<who cares)
and what Z3?  I feel like a n00b when someone talks about it, because i don't know what it is
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 01:30:01 am »
What I am trying to say is when has averting ones eyes from a problem solved that problem?  If I saw a woman who was about to get murdered, and I decided that I was going to ignore her pleas of help and rescue from death, would she not die?
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 01:31:48 am »
mods have to agree with me, if we don't do something about it soon, spam will be overflowing with useless topics, and not Zelda related!  and I don't know for certain, but I think that spam topics are the reason to ZFGC is going down.
Well... yeah!  Because it's spam.

All you have to do is ignore the board (by clicking a button), and it's not there to annoy you anymore.  Simple.

What I am trying to say is when has averting ones eyes from a problem solved that problem?  If I saw a woman who was about to get murdered, and I decided that I was going to ignore her pleas of help and rescue from death, would she not die?
Yes, but we're bloggers, not neighbors in a life or death situation.  And if spam dies, while you ignore it, so be it :P
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 01:35:52 am »
I think we should take a look at how Z3 will boost the fangame interest...I mean, its just a basic decline in fangame interest over here, and not all that is to blame on the Spam boards.
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 01:36:29 am »
  • Personal Text
mods have to agree with me, if we don't do something about it soon, spam will be overflowing with useless topics, and not Zelda related!  and I don't know for certain, but I think that spam topics are the reason to ZFGC is going down.

All you have to do is ignore the board (by clicking a button), and it's not there to annoy you anymore.  Simple.

Yes, but we're bloggers, not neighbors in a life or death situation.  And if spam dies, while you ignore it, so be it :P
I know I can block it. its just that what annoyes me is that this is a ZELDA fan game central(ZFGC) not a spam fan central(SFC(?))
the argument is to delete the spam and not let people only post in spam.  becuase its wasting accounts.
Also if you get rid of spam, there will be more traffic in the other fourms. and if they do delete spam, then we will know the people that only use spam, becuase they are not active, and that will prove my point "people only come here for spam" !!
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 01:37:32 am »
  • =/
I don't think we should finish it off, but instead set a bit of guide lines.

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 01:38:48 am »

I know I can block it. its just that what annoyes me is that this is a ZELDA fan game central(ZFGC) not a spam fan central(SFC(?))
the argument is to delete the spam and not let people only post in spam.  becuase its wasting accounts.
Also if you get rid of spam, there will be more traffic in the other fourms. and if they do delete spam, then we will know the people that only use spam, becuase they are not active, and that will prove my point "people only come here for spam" !!
There also will be more spam in other forums.  Before spam, it was community speak... and I really don't want to see more community speak topics about fair or unfair leadership...

>_<

You have an unobtainable goal, that wouldn't stop at eliminating spam.  You eliminate spam... then off-topic, then community speak... it's all apart of Zelda Fan Game Central's community.  We're not a name, we're a community.
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 01:42:33 am »
  • Personal Text

the argument is to delete the spam and not let people only post in spam.  becuase its wasting accounts.
There also will be more spam in other forums.  Before spam, it was community speak... and I really don't want to see more community speak topics about fair or unfair leadership...

>_<
there is no such thing and unfair leadership XD
the mods are doing a great job, of doing... well, there jobs
thats why I suggest setting up a warn system, so if their warn gets high enough, they will get banned.  also if they post spam in other fourms, then their warn will go up, becuase if this happens, there will be a rule about posting spam...
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 01:43:22 am »
I edited my post and included:

You have an unobtainable goal, that wouldn't stop at eliminating spam.  You eliminate spam... then off-topic, then community speak... it's all apart of Zelda Fan Game Central's community.  We're not a name, we're a community.
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2006, 01:44:18 am »
We will be setting up stuff like that hopefully soon...we used to be working on a warning system right before the administrators changed. Should be able to get it back...But we certainly keep an eye on people who offend.
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 01:47:32 am »
  • Personal Text

I don't think we should get rid of Community speak, and off-topic is a little thinking side.
I know we're a community, but in the name, contains the subject about the community..

Limey

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2006, 01:52:52 am »

I don't think we should get rid of Community speak, and off-topic is a little thinking side.
I know we're a community, but in the name, contains the subject about the community..

Good point, we should also get rid of the Misc. Sections for everything, the advertising board, Debates, Off-topic, and anything else not zelda-fan-game related.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 74 queries.