Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion to Mods about SPAM  (Read 23420 times)

MarkusNut

Re: Suggestion to Mods about SPAM
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2006, 02:40:48 am »
I agree 100% that spam is bullpoo and needs to go.
I think most of the staff agrees but they dont want to offend any members... >.>
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 02:46:02 am by MarkusNut »
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2006, 02:43:12 am »
  • Personal Text
lol, unlocked it again. for other people to discuss, and try and help to get rid of spam...
if I was a mod, I would be running things... but not everything that I want
First, the admins run the show and the mods do the clean up. 

Second:
Too bad we cannot just have an IRC channel devoted to spam.  That way we could get rid of the spam section and give the spammers something in return: a constantly updating system that works with multiple users.  Plus, because it would update so much, it would be like one big topic, and people would not spam as much because it would get boring overtime.  Then when they get bored, they could come to ZFGC to work on fangames.  If they spammed ZFGC, then they would be banned.  The problem would be away from ZFGC, yet close, and would not be in a permanent form.  Thus, funny or good topics could be saved as a chat log.  Problem solved.
ya i know mods clean up, I kinda meant me as an admin.
and that could work!

I won't be able to talk about this any longer, I have to get some sleep.
talk amungts yoursleves *yawn*
goodnight

*falls asleep*
(try editing in the future ;))
(whats that suppost to mean? :D)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 12:09:28 pm by Mewgull »
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2006, 02:44:51 am »
lol, unlocked it again. for other people to discuss, and try and help to get rid of spam...

Second:
Too bad we cannot just have an IRC channel devoted to spam.  That way we could get rid of the spam section and give the spammers something in return: a constantly updating system that works with multiple users.  Plus, because it would update so much, it would be like one big topic, and people would not spam as much because it would get boring overtime.  Then when they get bored, they could come to ZFGC to work on fangames.  If they spammed ZFGC, then they would be banned.  The problem would be away from ZFGC, yet close, and would not be in a permanent form.  Thus, funny or good topics could be saved as a chat log.  Problem solved.

You need an education on spam.

Its much more fun on a forum.
Really, even though IRC is much more dynamic and can change to fit better.  The only problem is images, but if you click a link to an image, it can be a suprise.  Plus, the rules of chat spam could be looser for your enjoyment. 
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2006, 02:48:15 am »
Funny Mewgull, you already made 2 double posts in this topic, see the irony? XD
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2006, 02:57:13 am »

Second:
ya i know mods clean up, I kinda meant me as an admin.
and that could work!
You just want power.  -_-;  You think things have to go your way and if they don't it's wrong.
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2006, 03:07:02 am »
I fail to see Limey's and others obsession with spam as a part of this community.  Spam does not need to clutter up this place, and an IRC chat section for it would keep the topics from having to be pruned like on this forum.  Chat logs would save everything that the users viewed good, important, or just plain funny.  Also, spam was not on ZFGC-X, so what is the difference if it is not here now or in the future.
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2006, 03:16:37 am »

Second:

You need an education on spam.

Its much more fun on a forum.
Really, even though IRC is much more dynamic and can change to fit better.  The only problem is images, but if you click a link to an image, it can be a suprise.  Plus, the rules of chat spam could be looser for your enjoyment. 

With the spam forum we don't have to open another program or window just to post in spam.

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2006, 03:18:17 am »
  • The hero of Link
If the admins (Max or someone) would upload SMF 1.1 Rc2 (create a folder on the server something like  '/spam') and install it and make it Spam Central and get rid of it here all together off topic and Spam. Have like a redirect URL here to take it to Spam Central. So ppl that want to talk about Zelda and (Zelda) Fan Game Could with the Spam!

Edit: and terminate all members who signed up just to spam!
  • A.D. Zelda
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2006, 03:22:06 am »
So FISSURE, with a chat based spam all you have to do is open it once and it updates for you.  You do not even have to hit the refresh key, the chat program does it for you.  It is not like IRC is limited to only mIRC.  There is a program called Trillian which can connect to IRC, and it also allows you to have your MSN, AIM, ICQ, and Yahoo Messenger programs all in one program.  So, in reality, the chat idea simplifies everything.

Since the server goes down regularly, I do not think that the admins should put a Spam Central on the server.  IRC is the way to go. 
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2006, 03:24:45 am »
  • The hero of Link
I forgot about that.  IRC would be best. My computer is to old to even run IRC ^_^

I don't want much more downtime here.
  • A.D. Zelda

MarkusNut

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2006, 03:29:30 am »
Also, spam was not on ZFGC-X, so what is the difference if it is not here now or in the future.

Exactly.
Re: Suppestion to Mods about SPAM
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2006, 03:44:39 am »
  • MEOW
we have children in this boards, and people are swearing!  theres a member somewhere, whos 9 years old!  thats not good, we are the cause of children corruption(swearing)  in my school, I have kindergarteners  that say f*ck almost 24/7

Swearing can be blocked out in your profile, no worries.

So FISSURE, with a chat based spam all you have to do is open it once and it updates for you.  You do not even have to hit the refresh key, the chat program does it for you.  It is not like IRC is limited to only mIRC.  There is a program called Trillian which can connect to IRC, and it also allows you to have your MSN, AIM, ICQ, and Yahoo Messenger programs all in one program.  So, in reality, the chat idea simplifies everything.

Since the server goes down regularly, I do not think that the admins should put a Spam Central on the server.  IRC is the way to go. 

Whether you win or lose this, spam will still exist so what is the point of trying to change it from what it is already? If your idea does not go through, Spam stays. If it does, Spam is replaced by an IRC channel... both of which are your free choice to view.

My opinion falls in exactly with possum's.. regulate a set of SEPARATE rules for the spam topic... however I do not see why people choose to block out swearing as it will be found anywhere else on the site (not as much but it's there). Anyways, this is up to the moderators and admins.
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2006, 03:50:00 am »
What I have suggested serves to bring the Spam section off of this server though.  That way, the server will not stop working do to it being busy as a result of excessive spam, or the server will feel less burden because spam is not here.  The IRC way allows spam to still be a part of the community and not a part of this forum, and that way everybody wins. 
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2006, 03:51:57 am »

Not really since that would increase people going into the chatroom just to say "lol buttseckz", if everyone does it then it's hard to talk there with all that happening. Atleast having a seperate spam board would put all the nonsense talk into one place. Allowing that much spam in #zfgc would be like making all the boards into one.

Not really, some people, like me hardly even use irc anymore 

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2006, 04:00:01 am »
I am not suggesting putting the spam section into #zfgc, but I am suggesting spam being its own IRC channel.  On an IRC channel, there can also be a flood control system to stop the extreme cases.  The problem of too many people posting at once in the chat would become not really be an issue, and a chat op of the spam channel could change the topic more frequently as need be. 
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2006, 04:09:02 am »
I am not suggesting putting the spam section into #zfgc, but I am suggesting spam being its own IRC channel.  On an IRC channel, there can also be a flood control system to stop the extreme cases.  The problem of too many people posting at once in the chat would become not really be an issue, and a chat op of the spam channel could change the topic more frequently as need be. 

Then it wouldn't be spam, it would be a second #zfgc

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2006, 04:22:39 am »
Just because it is on IRC does not mean that it cannot be spam.  #zfgc has rules forbidding some forms of spam that would be allowed on the spam channel.  Not only does this mean that it would have more freedom than #zfgc, but it would have a whole lot more freedom than ZFGC.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 04:25:07 am by 4Sword »
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2006, 04:32:24 am »
Just because it is on IRC does not mean that it cannot be spam.  #zfgc has rules forbidding some forms of spam that would be allowed on the spam channel.  Not only does this mean that it would have more freedom than #zfgc, but it would have a whole lot more freedom than ZFGC.

Not really.

What i meant was since if the ops choose to use the flood system then it would just be #zfgc minus a rule or two. While in the spam forum you can post however many times you want.

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2006, 04:36:54 am »
The flood system itself is not to limit posting ability, but it is meant to stop excessive posting.  By flood control, it means that you cannot post like ten times in a row in a certain amount of time.  You cannot post at that speed on this forum anyway.  So, on the chat channel, you could still post more just not over-excessively so others could spam as well. 
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2006, 04:42:51 am »
The flood system itself is not to limit posting ability, but it is meant to stop excessive posting.  By flood control, it means that you cannot post like ten times in a row in a certain amount of time.  You cannot post at that speed on this forum anyway.  So, on the chat channel, you could still post more just not over-excessively so others could spam as well. 

I know what the flood system is. Irc is alot different then forums since it's in real time. So it would be a hard switch over. But unlike what you said, Moving spam to IRC is not the answer. There is nothing wrong with keeping it on the forum. I don't see why you fight so hard to get rid of it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 74 queries.

anything