Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you guys think should happen to zfgc? (How to make it a better place)  (Read 13094 times)

Hyperhal

Certified DSL Owner
What do you guys think should happen to zfgc? (H...
« on: July 05, 2006, 04:00:39 am »
  • Rock Howard
Well, seeing as how all this crap is going down, lets see what the community has to say :/
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 04:09:05 am by Hyperhal »
I guess I should start visiting this website again. ._.

Hikij

Re: What do you guys think should happen to zfgc...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 04:04:34 am »
Obviously, it should stay.

Hyperhal

Certified DSL Owner
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 04:05:51 am »
  • Rock Howard
I mean, what do you think should be done to make it better.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 04:06:26 am »
  • Its the joeshmo!
Apreciation of spam boards.
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 04:07:41 am »
Stay, man.

Some ZFGCers these days are so cynical, and it just brings everyone else down to believing that it just...sucks. ZFGCs good. Very likeable :)

I think people should look at the bright side, and think of what they could do to make the community happy.
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 04:12:21 am »
I think people are failing to see a lot of things, atleast from an administrative point of view. Currently, nothing is working.. We've tried the same style of administrations over and over, and clearly it fails everytime we attempt to do it. ZFGC is a forum, but a large part of having a community is having a purpose for the community to exist. The staff (not admins) have attempted to create some things, to get things rolling like Z3. Yet we still stand around foolish ignoring things.

I think if ZFGC wants to continue to, and make an attempt at being successful, everyone needs to take a good hard look at things, to better understand why it fails everytime.

I'm sad to say, that I failed as an administrator, my purpose was not achived, which was attempting to form a stronger administration by putting together past/present users, and changing the direction of how we think about ZFGC over all. Unfortunately, I got busy, after everyone else stopped discussing the matter as a team. We all failed in my opinion.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

Hyperhal

Certified DSL Owner
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 04:15:58 am »
  • Rock Howard
I think people are failing to see a lot of things, atleast from an administrative point of view. Currently, nothing is working.. We've tried the same style of administrations over and over, and clearly it fails everytime we attempt to do it. ZFGC is a forum, but a large part of having a community is having a purpose for the community to exist. The staff (not admins) have attempted to create some things, to get things rolling like Z3. Yet we still stand around foolish ignoring things.

I think if ZFGC wants to continue to, and make an attempt at being successful, everyone needs to take a good hard look at things, to better understand why it fails everytime.

I'm sad to say, that I failed as an administrator, my purpose was not achived, which was attempting to form a stronger administration by putting together past/present users, and changing the direction of how we think about ZFGC over all. Unfortunately, I got busy, after everyone else stopped discussing the matter as a team. We all failed in my opinion.

Which is why I've been saying that we needed a site way back when. Although I DO know you already had plans to do this, I felt that the rest of board frankly didn't care about the future, or new members, or the forum in genral. It was more of a "Lol, my freinds are here. Lets spam in Spam cuz we know each other & itz fun". Yeah, we're zfgc, not SpamCentral. Remmeber that the original boards only had Community Speak.
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 04:16:36 am »
- Temporary forum shutdown to remove mod action posts of old, we do not need them, and they make the boards look bad.
- Prune the members with zero or one posts 
- Shadow Moderators who explain reasons for actions as a group, but the individual mod action is recorded for the administration.
- Fifty post requirement in other boards to be able to post in Spam as Spam is a privilege not a right.
- Two word post minimum of all boards
- Preparations for z3
- If at possible, add that Megaworm style user chatroom list.

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 04:24:12 am »
I agree with everything you say 4sword.

Hyperhal

Certified DSL Owner
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 04:30:05 am »
  • Rock Howard
What about the content issue? Everybody can post in spam once they get 50 posts, but how do we attract new members when half the board isnt interested in fangame making? Remember our title.
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 04:32:51 am »
We want to attract people to the fangaming part of ZFGC, and if they come and get into it, eventually meeting fifty posts, then they will be rewarded with the ability to post in Spam.  People should not come here solely for spam.  This really only affects new people and people who came here for spam and have not posted anywhere else.
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 04:34:00 am »
You have to realise that users aren't here to all make fan games, but to enjoy the fan games as well.

I can't make games, and I can't program all that well, my intentions were mainly to view.. the games on the forum. It just seems kind of.. meh to me. I'm unhappy atleast. I think there is a lot more that could be done.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 04:34:56 am »
What about the content issue? Everybody can post in spam once they get 50 posts, but how do we attract new members when half the board isnt interested in fangame making? Remember our title.
*Cough*Well if you want to show people how it has to be done be an example and post in Zelda W.i.P*Cough*
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 04:36:02 am »
They can come here and enjoy the fangames still, Andrew.  They still get to enjoy debates, off-topic, and community speak, but they are postponed from acting like an idiot until they make a measly fifty posts.

Hyperhal

Certified DSL Owner
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 04:48:18 am »
  • Rock Howard
What I'm trying to say is, nobody wants to come here, because no posts are really being made in WIP(At least, not very good ones). Of course we've got the ideas, but nobody takes action to actually MAKE the game.

And how are people supposed to get to zfgc? Google "Zelda fan games place" and find the forum? We need a WEBSITE with things on it that'll attract other people. People go to shyguy for the sprites, but who goes to us for gamemaking when there are TONS better places to go? Not only is the foum a problem the way it is, but its also a problem if the only member base is of those from a while ago. No new members, or very little, and with old members leaving, we're losing all our members.

We need to think of ways to attract new people, guys.

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 05:03:26 am »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
Ways of attracting new people is what caused the doomed project-x aka gamers advanced and that whole mess, we just need to improve ourselves, easier said than done I know.... but i do believe 4sword's suggestions are a start...

besides... if TRM really IS almost done with OoT2D say hello to a member influx XD.... or a huge scandal like before in the past days of ZFGC since im not holding my breath just yet
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-

Hyperhal

Certified DSL Owner
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 05:07:18 am »
  • Rock Howard
I'm not aying we change the entire purpose of zfgc. I'm saying we need a website that links to zfgc's forum, with all sorts of goodies and info to attract the newbies.
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 06:29:10 am »
We've tried the same style of administrations over and over, and clearly it fails everytime we attempt to do it.
That is bull and you know it.  ZFGC never failed until this one, conveniently after the GA and DSR crap.  No, ZFGC has worked in the past but the entire member base, including the staff, shot themselves in the foot when they supported GA.  It wasn't planned or executed well and that is why it failed.  DSR didn't work because some of the staff members over there are let us say not the most logical people.

ZFGC is not going to be able to renew itself.   All we ever do is complain and never do anything, it's annoying but more importantly killing off the community.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 06:34:39 am by jman2689 »

Hyperhal

Certified DSL Owner
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 06:38:58 am »
  • Rock Howard
Which is why we're now doing something. We've got better plans thought up for zfgc now, and its going to be put into action pretty soon. No, we aren't migrating to a different forum and crap. We just have a plan to make the forums much more active.
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 06:48:42 am »
We also need resources in the Zelda Graphic Arts that are animated sprites.  Some people, like me, like to have my Link animations as close to original as possible.  To speed up game development, it helps to have a developed resource. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 74 queries.

anything