Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you guys think should happen to zfgc? (How to make it a better place)  (Read 13089 times)

gm112

Re: What do you guys think should happen to zfgc...
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2006, 02:22:05 am »
somewhat the mods and most admins. thats just my opinion though.(Don't take anything offensive)
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2006, 02:25:41 am »
  • MEOW
If the changes going through are great enough I may change my mind about this place. I agree with Ricky and gm112 100%.

gm112

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2006, 02:27:32 am »
1- Loads of Game Maker tutorials (yeah, written stuff) by the experienced for the newbies...
2- A Sticky with something like: "The x Tips for making a game" - stuff like how to don't give up, to do small games, and useful stuff like that...
3- More acess to resources (A big, big archive, where a lot of people help, posting MC, LttP, GB graphics)
4- New themes :D (already on the way...)
5- A bit more hard rules (not that you hae to be with all cautions, but if you behave well, you don't have to care about 'em)
6- Closing of the SPAM board - C'mon that's so ridiculous, noob and little kid humour, where someone goes "OLO penis :)" and everyone "ROFLOLOLOL(...)LOLOLOLOL"
    And if the spammers complain, well, www.invisionfree.com, it's free, and it makes forums...
7- More competitions... (some official)
8- More original games...
yeah I agree with rickey all the way all of that is true.
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2006, 02:28:00 am »
  • =/
I think the admins and mods are all fine. They do a great job and get almost everything done.

We really need these changes, and I am willing to help write tutorials. =)
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2006, 09:05:13 pm »
We also need to clean up the board descriptions.  The descriptions should not need to tell people what they should logically know (i.e. I am posting about a video game, should I put it in gaming or entertainment).  If people are going to post in the wrong section, it can be moved, and they can be warned about it, but overall, the clutter it makes is reason enough for it to be taken out. 

And by unnecessary words, I mean the bolded text that follows the board names, the text after the board description.

Hikij

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2006, 09:31:57 pm »
My suggestions:
1. We can't rely on people googling a place to post Zelda fangames. We have to advertise on other forums, just like alot of other sites do.
2. More mods and staff, I don't see alot on. Maybe mods for different timezones?
3. I agree with a portal page, something that can show all the fangames we make on the forums.
4. I also agree with the 50-post spam entry thing. With new people like jdbye invading Spam, we have to make members earn our respect, and trust before they can post in Spam.
5. I yet again agree with the tutorials idea. Sometimes, I get stuck when I make games, and would like to see how to do something. I bet alot of people think this too.
6. Let's bring back the Member of the Month system. That way, members can get rewarded for ther good deeds, and they can get their 15 minutes of fame.
7. Annual competitions should come back. You know, like the Summer Spriting competition, or Winter Fangames competition. Like Z3, but you compete.
8. Just a small thing, but maybe a link to the chat somewhere on the site. Just a quick little shortcut.

That's all.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2006, 10:07:36 pm »
  • hungry..
6. Let's bring back the Member of the Month system. That way, members can get rewarded for ther good deeds, and they can get their 15 minutes of fame.
Excellent Idea.

Plus, what happened to Game of the Month?
  • My Blog
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2006, 10:09:19 pm »
  • =/
The dude making Zelda Mobile won it a few months ago, what ever happened, Kleaver?

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2006, 10:37:16 pm »
  • hungry..
The dude making Zelda Mobile won it a few months ago, what ever happened, Kleaver?
Eh?, Helios won it with his Rapid Game Maker or whatever it's name is  I believe.
  • My Blog
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2006, 10:52:47 pm »
ZFGC needs its members from staff to newbie to care for the forum and nurture it into something that can grow naturally.

ZFGC needs more zelda

ZFGC needs fan games

ZFGC needs admins that aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot (like I did)

ZFGC needs things like tutorials, classes, tips & tricks, good C&C (comments and criticisms)

ZFGC needs to start over from base one and redefine what ZFGC is.  Why was zfgc here?  What went right when it grew?

what do you guys think the answers to those questions are?

Forever the king of ZFGC.

- also -

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

This signature was crashed by Kirby. metal if you have a problem...f you :P
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2006, 10:58:48 pm »
ZFGC needs to start over from base one and redefine what ZFGC is.  Why was zfgc here?  What went right when it grew?

what do you guys think the answers to those questions are?
ZFGC was here for OoT2d but then grew to accept all fan games but primarily Zelda fan games.  It grew when there was both remakes and original fan games.  It grew when there was flow of resources, when there were spriters that sprited, when there were composers that composed, and when there were programmers that programmed.  That is what ZFGC was and maybe someday it will be that again.
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2006, 11:29:01 pm »
  • =/
Eh?, Helios won it with his Rapid Game Maker or whatever it's name is  I believe.
Opps..... must be thinking wrong.
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2006, 01:15:10 am »
I do not know if this happens to anyone else, but when I go into a moderator redirection topic and I click the redirection link, a new browser window opens up, even though my Firefox setting is set to open links to the current window.  My suggestion is to, by default, have those redirections redirect in the same window.
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2006, 05:48:07 am »
I actually got this idea from Dayjo in a topic that was in the Zelda board.  We should have walkthroughs, cheats, and other stuff of that manner here.  ZFGC is a Zelda site afterall.
Is ZFGC Dieing? An Idea To Bring It Back To Life...
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2006, 01:46:17 am »
  • Partly Because I Am Lazy..
I was sitting at home and thought of how did if find zfgc and become a part.
well I found oot2d. Excited to see this project get finished I Watched it here.(If I remember correctly.)
Now I am a Part. oot2d all over exciting thandsounds of fans. Well since our projects our here
only people getting excited about the projects is us.Since ott2d have seem to have died off so did ZFGC So my Idea In increase the amount of users is to attract more. So poeple should start putting there projects anywhere they see fit
(not just game maker community) Any Zelda Fan related Site you project should be there.
more of an audience will see and be excited and discover ZFGC.
I Was Exsited to discover ZFGC and so will the newcommers.
So post post post your projects every where and give them a link to here.(secretly advertising)

Any One think it will work?

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
Re: Is ZFGC Dieing? An Idea To Bring It Back To ...
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2006, 01:52:00 am »
  • hungry..
Quote from: wigwas_7
Is ZFGC Dieing?
No.

But your suggestions could go in the topic in the Feedback forum ( http://www.zfgc.com/index.php/topic,5378.0.html ), Advertising is a good plan.. I don't think this place really has any adverts anywhere at all.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 02:00:44 am by Dayjo Aspen »
  • My Blog
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2006, 02:02:37 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I say someone should make a banner for sigs of some sort.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2006, 02:05:22 am »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
I say someone should make a banner for sigs of some sort.

I did that a while ago XD

ne way, to answer the question "Is ZFGC Dieing?" not yet, but if we keep making topics saying that then maybe >.<
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2006, 02:11:52 am »
  • Partly Because I Am Lazy..
FAN GAME OF THE MONTH IS DEFF NEEDED
People make games post them here and no body replies even if there game is solid most people
reply the the first page. Then the game makers get unmotivated.
but With Fangame of the month People get Motivated every Month.
even have levels of entry

simple
moderate
advanced

and people will sign up for what they think they can win
and noobs will actually be movaitaed to learn instead of trying to compete with the advanced people.
or maby just two entrys for now since there aren't very man fan games.

Hikij

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2006, 02:11:53 am »
It isn't !@#$% dying. So please don't assume things.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 91 queries.