Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: UPDATE 3: [PC demo works perfectly/screens added!] LoZ: Envoy of Chaos  (Read 5236 times)

UPDATE 3: [PC demo works perfectly/screens added...
« on: December 28, 2007, 11:50:54 pm »
Overview

The Legend of Zelda: Envoy of Chaos is a fan project that I've been working on for about a month now (started in Nov 07) for the purpose of learning more about how to use J2ME and developing video games for mobile phones.

Envoy of Chaos will most likely work with any phone that has J2ME.
Though if you don't have one you should try out the PC version.

Please tell me of any bugs, or ways to improve Envoy of Chaos in the forums.
Also, please do not host Envoy of Chaos on your site without premission.

Updates

I have fixed Envoy of Chaos so that if your phone has a small screen the game scrolls so you can still play it like it was meant to be.

I have also made the PC version fully playable, though the day and night system doesn't work (You can turn that off though).

Progress

I would say that it is about 50% done.

Screenshots

Legal

The Legend of Zelda, and all characters, areas, items, and graphics are owned by Nintendo.
All Legend of Zelda material was used without permission.
I am not affiliated with Nintendo.
All original Content is copyright to SoraCross.
This Game must always be free, no money can be made from this game.

Download

PC Version 1.1
Note: Theres no need to register to download this.
EXE Zelda V1.1

Note: You must be a member of my forums to download this.
Zelda Demo V1.1
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 07:56:31 pm by Sora »
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
Re: [Demo] Legend of Zelda: Envoy of Chaos
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 12:42:07 am »
  • You got the Master Sword!
but u have to be member :'(

Come hither o traveler... I sing ye a song yet so melancholy, my voice speaketh the epitaph of darkness.Come into my world young Hylian.Darkest apocalypse hour approaches...Awaken from thy slumber whilst destiny's dreaming of ye soul. Dost thou haveith the time to end thy slumber? Lest thee interfere with my plan, death shall find ye!My mask sees the beginning is the end...I am Majora!
  • zfgc
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 12:46:49 am »
I don't get it. its not hard to register. I figured people would want to register to show their support of the project, but from what i've seen  on the internet everyone just wants to download the game and not even post up a "Thank you" or "this is kinda cool." maybe i should convert it to an orgional IP and charge money for it.

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 12:48:53 am »
  • You got the Master Sword!
I don't get it. its not hard to register. I figured people would want to register to show their support of the project, but from what i've seen  on the internet everyone just wants to download the game and not even post up a "Thank you" or "this is kinda cool." maybe i should convert it to an orgional IP and charge money for it.
well if every one did that 4 every game u would have 1million acounts+1milion email letters :P
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 12:52:03 am by skullkid rules »

Come hither o traveler... I sing ye a song yet so melancholy, my voice speaketh the epitaph of darkness.Come into my world young Hylian.Darkest apocalypse hour approaches...Awaken from thy slumber whilst destiny's dreaming of ye soul. Dost thou haveith the time to end thy slumber? Lest thee interfere with my plan, death shall find ye!My mask sees the beginning is the end...I am Majora!
  • zfgc
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 12:55:11 am »
well if every one did that 4 every game u would have 1million acounts :P
maybe so, but i spend a month on this game, so i don't think its unreasonable to request 3 mins of work from someone who wants it. Plus i need members and a central hub of their ideas so i know what bugs to fix, and what ways to improve. I'm not looking on 10 different sites when i feel like working on demo 2.

I see what you mean though, it would be nice if you could just download it, but i honestly don't think people would give me the feed back i need from this open beta. I had very bad luck with that on my last project, so I'm trying to fix it with this one.

How to post maturely:

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 01:08:26 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Uh I like the screenshots and I would like to download, but I seem to be unable to register on there. Perhaps you could just put the screenshots on this forum? (At least something)
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 01:17:24 am »
Uh I like the screenshots and I would like to download, but I seem to be unable to register on there. Perhaps you could just put the screenshots on this forum? (At least something)
huh? what would putting th screenshots here do? also, what do you mean unable to register? can you put up what it says?

How to post maturely:

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 02:53:37 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
huh? what would putting th screenshots here do? also, what do you mean unable to register? can you put up what it says?
No, I filled out the registration thing, and I agree to the legal stuff, and then I can't click the button to register.

And you would be surprised how much people won't look at something because there is no screens in the topic.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 03:00:24 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
Your pretty lazy, aren't you? Joining a forum just to see a fan game is illogical. I don't think even half the people who look at this topic will do so, and it probably takes half the time to just post them here.
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 03:08:55 am »
  • MetalRidley was here
It would generate a lot more interest in the game (and I don't know how the rules would work on this, but you might need screens and whatnot here). I was really close to just skipping over this; at this point people see a new game and expect it to be underwhelming instead of being excited that a new game is being started, so they probably won't jump through hoops (eg. clicking a link to get to screen shots, let alone registering on another forum just to play a demo that may/may not be even worth the time). I don't like being forced to do things, and I can tell you that you'll have much more success here just copying your topic over to this forum.

Buster you posted before I finished typing, I agree :P

THE MUSIC IS REVERSIBLE, BUT TIME IS NOT. TURN BACK... turn back... turn back...
UPDATE: [Demo hosted here now] Legend of Zelda: ...
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 03:29:10 am »

Mod Edit: Please try to add more content in your future posts. Not just referring to this one, but the first one as well. You can't just tell everyone in a line that you're making a fangame and go check all about it at a complete different place. Thank you.

Sora Edit: this post was to correct the first post. i already fixed what you are talking about before you said anything about it. also, look at the topic of this post "UPDATE: [Demo hosted here now] Legend of Zelda: Envoy of Chaos" this post had a message to it.

Edit: had to reupload.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 05:23:05 am by Sora »

How to post maturely:

Re: UPDATE: [Demo hosted here now, screens added...
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 03:39:42 am »
Has anyone even tried my game yet?
I kept reading on how everyone here hated PRE, WIP, and things that showed no promise, so i waited till i had a demo before i posted or even joined, but even than this just gets looked over...

How to post maturely:

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 04:26:40 am »
*downloads*

i'll try it soon''*failed to load mainclass manifest attributes*
Okay, cool, thanks.

Hmm. is that a error? what kind of phone are you using? do you need the .jad file as well?

How to post maturely:

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 04:28:33 am »
Hmm, apparently my phone isn't compatible

sorry

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 04:34:01 am »
Hmm, apparently my phone isn't compatible

sorry
can you tell me what kind of phone it is so i can list it as non-compatible?

How to post maturely:

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 04:45:05 am »
  • MetalRidley was here
My phone won't run it (I'm not going to try, it doesn't run anything at all :P), and I've spent the past 40 minutes trying to find an emulator for PC but I can't. I messed around with Midp2Exe but it doesn't seem to like it's own dll, sorry :(

Maybe you could point to one and more people would try it? To tell you the truth I haven't tried Gorthwogh's game either since it's a mobile game and the link to his with the emulator is down.

THE MUSIC IS REVERSIBLE, BUT TIME IS NOT. TURN BACK... turn back... turn back...
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 04:48:50 am »
Looks good! I'm going to try this out later. Since I can't borrow my mom's cellphone at this time.
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 07:05:34 pm »
Well, i got this .exe to work, but its crappy, cause it doesnt support alpha and the size is too small for the game. Still, it shows how far advanced in development i am.

How to post maturely:

Re: UPDATE 2:DEMO FOR PCs!! [Demo hosted here/sc...
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 07:14:49 pm »
I'm about to test it out right now. (the exe my phone won't do it)

I was confused over the 'you have to be a member of the forum to download this'. Was that changed (Were you speaking of another forum before hand other than this one?) everyone who was 'debating' the issue was a member of *this* forum, so I was kind of confused. :p

--

Alright the exe is kind of crappy. I'm sure the game itself is much better to use on a phone. I wish I had a data cable. :(
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 07:18:38 pm by Andrew »
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
Re: UPDATE 2:DEMO FOR PCs!! [Demo hosted here/sc...
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 07:28:56 pm »
I'm about to test it out right now. (the exe my phone won't do it)

I was confused over the 'you have to be a member of the forum to download this'. Was that changed (Were you speaking of another forum before hand other than this one?) everyone who was 'debating' the issue was a member of *this* forum, so I was kind of confused. :p

--

Alright the exe is kind of crappy. I'm sure the game itself is much better to use on a phone. I wish I had a data cable. :(
Yeah, it was only hosted on my site at first. I agree, the exe isnt too great. If anyone wants to help by offering a better easy to use emulator I'd really like it and even add them in the credits under Special Thanks. Cant you just visit this page on your phone and download directly?

How to post maturely:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 74 queries.