Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Voice recording  (Read 1743 times)

Voice recording
« on: May 22, 2006, 08:23:40 pm »
Yes, well often in flash movies I see people using very nice voices at high quality even though the file size is minimal. My question is, does that have to do with the microphone recording or just the setting of the compression? Cuz then what is the best compression to get the best quality and also the lowest file size? I mean .wav here  :P
Re: Voice recording
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 10:18:43 pm »
It's going to depend on your soundcard, as well as your microphone(s). The very basic cards that come standard for most computers are terrible, and Soundblaster cards don't quite cut it for recording. Look into an Emu soundcard, and get a good mic. It helps to have 2 of them, set up at different angles to get a good quality recording. I can't say too much about microphones seeing as how I haven't actually done any recordings yet, and can't really judge many mics, but don't go with the cheap $20 Walmart microphones if you want quailty.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 01:26:58 am »
  • w00t
Like QK said, get a good recording to begin with.  After that, try the GSM compression, which was made for voice compression.  Granted, it works fine on music as well, but you're less likely to notice a difference with voice only. 

To use it, open up the file in Sound Recorder and then follow the Japanese picture instructions on this page:  http://home.att.ne.jp/blue/moonlight/ps2gsm.html

Just scroll down a bit to see the pictures.  Yes, they're Japanese, but they should be self-explanatory.  Note that you can set it up as high as 44 khz if you want.  The pictures only tell you to select 22 khz because the program that those screenshots were made for can only handle up to 22.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 02:20:52 am by dantheman »
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 02:23:15 pm »
Wow! Those compressions are nice, they make it so small and still preserve quality...Thank you :D

FireStone

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 09:21:12 pm »
I got a mic built in my MAC but not for my Labtop
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 47 queries.

anything