Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: uh.. A somewhat repetitive problem  (Read 1447 times)

uh.. A somewhat repetitive problem
« on: November 01, 2008, 02:59:56 pm »

Here I have 4 trees, each tiles knows which tiles are to the left, right, top and the bottom of them.

Now I begin erasing the duplicate tiles, as each tile is erased, the duplicate tile points all the other tiles around it to the non-duplicate.

So effectively, the tree sorta raps around itself, because the right side of the tree thinks it's to the left side of the tree which means when i iterate through the whole thing and get to the right side of the tree it'll go back to the left side and end up in a repetitive loop.

I did think of a solution, which would involve keeping track of tiles while iterating which would work in this case, but shift the tiles to the left by one and it would fail.

Re: uh.. A somewhat repetitive problem
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 06:24:24 pm »
  • Oh.
So...  What are you trying to accomplish here?  There's probobly a better solution.
Hm.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 06:29:54 pm »
  • I just saved Hyrule! I'd say that's worth a kiss.
Your explanation was really....convoluted and confusing. Is this with Game Maker? And as the above poster said, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish. :/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 06:31:50 pm by Aliento »

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
"SFPFPWMF,MAZ,BMOTAONFC" for short.
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 07:34:13 pm »
I cannot help you further without a clearer explanation, but assuming that the first image you posted can represent the actual region of all tiles, for the first top-left tile, are the tiles to the left and top of it null or do they point to the right and bottom tiles that are later deleted?

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 08:40:36 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Is this another tileset optimizer?

if so,  start at the top left, read each tile and compare with the rest, if there is a match, replace with a pink square or something.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 03:59:07 am »
I cannot help you further without a clearer explanation, but assuming that the first image you posted can represent the actual region of all tiles, for the first top-left tile, are the tiles to the left and top of it null or do they point to the right and bottom tiles that are later deleted?
yeah, the way it works is kind of difficult to explain properly.  Yeah, the top image represents it image I deal with initially and yes, for the first top tile, the tiles to the top and left would reference the tiles to the bottom and right tiles of the tree as the relationship between those tiles would be discovered upon finding its duplicate.

Is this another tileset optimizer?

if so,  start at the top left, read each tile and compare with the rest, if there is a match, replace with a pink square or something.
It's a lot more complicated then that, I'm using the tiles co-existing relationships so i'll be able to map them out more appropriately.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 05:31:48 am »
I think I get what you're trying to do. Are you trying to make it so that when the tiles are optimized, the program will lay them out more nicely, so the tree tiles join up, etc?
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 52 queries.

anything