Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: My Game Maker 7 rant!  (Read 15865 times)

My Game Maker 7 rant!
« on: September 24, 2007, 09:36:59 pm »
The whole yoyo games crap is stupid as hell! What the !@#$% did Mark Overmars thought when he made a deal with them? It's not like they can protect his program from getting pirated or something.
(Funny fact: A cracked GM 7 exe appeared within a week on the internet after Game Maker 7 was released...)

We had to wait ages for a new version and it has nothing really interesting that would make you want to get Game Maker 7 while you have Game Maker 6! The only "good" thing is that it runs on Windows Vista... yippee !@#$% yay![/sarcasm]

Also why does it make the exe so !@#$% big? for example my gmk file is 47kb because all the sprites, backgrounds, sound effects, music, are extern except for a few objects and scripts, and it also has only 1 room. But once it's transformed to a exe the size changed from 47kb to 2,232kb!(WTF?)

There are probaly more lame things about Game Maker 7 but these are the few things I noticed after I used Game Maker 7 for a few minutes...

So Game Maker officially wins the EPIC Fail award from me!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 03:26:34 am by 4Sword »
Re: My Game Maker 7 rant!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 09:42:56 pm »
Time to switch over to RPG maker and The Game Factory :)
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 09:44:57 pm »
LOL, Game Maker 7 is never so bad as those programs.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 01:01:24 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Well, seeing as how I jumped from gm 5.3 to gm 7 registered, I find it pretty good :)
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 01:49:14 am »
... wins the EPIC Fail award from me!
ROFL, as I'd expect from H_B. XD

Also why does it make the exe so !@#$% big? for example my gmk file is 47kb because all the sprites, backgrounds, sound effects, music, are extern except for a few objects and scripts, and it also has only 1 room. But once it's transformed to a exe the size changed from 47kb to 2,232kb!(WTF?)
But are these sprites, backgrounds, sounds, etc. incorpored in the .exe or they're also extern when you make the exe? Otherwise it's really strange...

C++ FTW XD
I'm glad Venus advised me to get SDL, otherwise I'd have stuck with GM6.1, lol :P
But erm... yeah... C++ is truly harder than GML, so sometimes I prefer using GM too.

Anyway, I didn't like that YoYo games stuff either, nor all that bureaucracy with registering, the EULA, the Vista stuff, argh! And GM7 didn't sound so much better than GM6.1, IMO :\  ... <.< ... :D! Let's boycott GM7!!!1 (joking)
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 02:38:56 am »
But are these sprites, backgrounds, sounds, etc. incorpored in the .exe or they're also extern when you make the exe? Otherwise it's really strange...
They are extern all the time, and in GM 6.1 you felt the big !@#$% difference! But in GM 7 it's likes it says to me "!@#$% you Hyrule_boy, I make the exe as big as I want, although you have almost everything extern!" Which makes me think, "Oh God, I would kill somebody if that would make GM 6.1 run on Vista" 8)
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 04:04:35 am »
LOL, Game Maker 7 is never so bad as those programs.

RPG Maker is awesome

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 05:07:13 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
lol I've thought Game Maker has been an epic phail for a little while now; I only use it when I want to test how a project I want to develop professionally might play out, and then I proceed to plan it out for a much more versatile language... O.o I actually havent even opened up GM since 2005, when NaviBlast came about lol
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 10:33:23 am »
  • The devil in the mirror.
Isn't the exe's on GM big because they include the "engine" and all scripts(Even if you don't use them), while the gm file i just the scripts you've written.... owell I dunno...
I stopped using Gm two years ago.... C++ FTW ^^
Working on my Masters Degree in Computer Science.
Hey look, Zelda Coop....later.
Proud user of C++ for 9 years, and counting!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 10:37:09 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
lol yeah thats exactly the problem :P You'd think after like... I dunno, 7 RELEASES they'd wise up and not do that XD...
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 12:48:47 am »
The whole yoyo games crap is stupid as hell! What the !@#$% did Mark Overmars thought when he made a deal with them? It's not like they can protect his program from getting pirated or something.
(Funny fact: A cracked GM 7 exe appeared within a week on the internet after Game Maker 7 was released...)

We had to wait ages for a new version and it has nothing really interesting that would make you want to get Game Maker 7 while you have Game Maker 6! The only "good" thing is that it runs on Windows Vista... yippee !@#$% yay![/sarcasm]

There are probaly more lame things about Game Maker 7 but these are the few things I noticed after I used Game Maker 7 for a few minutes...

So Game Maker officially wins the EPIC Fail award from me!

They are extern all the time, and in GM 6.1 you felt the big !@#$% difference! But in GM 7 it's likes it says to me "!@#$% you Hyrule_boy, I make the exe as big as I want, although you have almost everything extern!" Which makes me think, "Oh God, I would kill somebody if that would make GM 6.1 run on Vista" 8)
If you want control and freedom USE !@#$% FREE SOFTWARE! >:(
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 02:08:31 am »
If you want control and freedom USE !@#$% FREE SOFTWARE! >:(
Mmm... I don't know any free-softwares that are as practical and simple and at the same time as useful as GM. (I mean, there really are many free-software languages that are more powerful and useful than GM, but they aren't as easy. And vice-versa.)

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 01:12:46 pm »
  • hungry..
GM EXE's have always been huge.
  • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 09:10:25 pm »
GM EXE's have always been huge.
True, but Game Maker 7 makes them bigger then ever before.
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 12:19:28 am »
Is GM7 the only one compatible with Vista?  God, I do not want to buy GM7...Some one got GM6.1 for me and it does not like the code...lol...
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 12:08:52 am »
  • The king of Awesome
Rpg Maker or the games factory are alright, but GM is the best but if you choose to go into prof. development start taking some C++ classes don't start independently cause you'll never get anywhere.
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 12:14:11 am »
Is GM7 the only one compatible with Vista?  God, I do not want to buy GM7...Some one got GM6.1 for me and it does not like the code...lol...
You can easily find a Game Maker 6.1 serial and a Game Maker 7 crack...
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2007, 12:17:15 am »
You can easily find a Game Maker 6.1 serial and a Game Maker 7 crack...

*puts hands to face*

How dare you advocate not paying for game maker.

i take offense to that

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 12:52:15 pm »
I'm glad Venus advised me to get SDL, otherwise I'd have stuck with GM6.1, lol Look at me, I'm invisible!
But erm... yeah... C++ is truly harder than GML, so sometimes I prefer using GM too.

Try DirectX. That'll make your head spin.

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

COLORADO 27 - OKLAHOMA 24
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 09:04:33 pm »
Well, before learning SDL, I tried OpenGL and gave up in the first "lesson"... but I think I might learn it someday.
As for DirectX... I've heard that it's not as good as OpenGL, but in fact I've never tried the tutorial.

Look at me, I'm invisible!
WT... F... ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 78 queries.