Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This game's winner is: Bowser!  (Read 1195 times)

This game's winner is: Bowser!
« on: June 05, 2008, 09:36:23 pm »
Any critiques and criticisms are welcome so long as they aren't bashing.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY5OZ25S2UA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY5OZ25S2UA</a>

Note: I realize his textures suck. I'm no good at textures, plus I never finished the textures anyways. And yeah, his legs may look a bit too long, but that's because he's not in the "crouching" position he is in 90% of the time.
Re: This game's winner is: Bowser!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 09:40:08 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
His torso and shell are to small...other than that it's pretty good.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 11:36:22 pm »
His body is too small. His shell is too small. And his spikes are too large.

Other than that, it's a pretty good model.

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 01:41:07 am »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
Looks pretty good but the scale is a bit weird. Like the others have suggested the shell needs to be larger while the arms and legs need to have a bit taken off.
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 01:59:09 am »
It kind of reminds me of a turtle I saw on television who had gotten caught in a six-pack holder and its shell grew funny as it was constrained.  The way the arms are strikes me as odd, and I do not know if what you did is the purposeful cartooning of it, but the wrists and the muscles near them appear to be larger than the biceps and triceps.  The legs should be smaller as well as Bowser was created with the purpose in mind of being kind of slow.  He also could be a little bigger in terms of the shell and generally have his limbs shortened and his tail possibly less stiff.  The hair kind of looks odd with that one spike in the middle, but it is kind of cool if you get used to it.

Overall though, the details look kind of neat and it is better than anything I could do, lol.  Neat.
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 03:03:39 am »
^^^I agree with a lot of what you said, except for a few things.

The legs being too long...well, that's because they've been straightened out. Since he's a reptile, his legs would actually be very crooked and bent, so when I animate him, I would just put him in a crouched position. When I do that, his legs look about normal. He's just standing up straight so I can rig him. And as for the wrists, yeah, that was intentional, kind of cartooning that up a bit. And as for his tail being "stiff" it's because it's in a rigid pose until I animate it.

Everything else, I fully agree with. I think his hair turned out really badly, and I never finished it. And his shell is definitely too small, you're right.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 03:08:37 am by legendarylugi »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 50 queries.