Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Dekuhats  (Read 6543 times)

[Submission] Dekuhats
« on: August 16, 2015, 05:28:47 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Name: Dekuhats

Location: Kokori forest, Deku swamp, anywhere with plants that has gaps to be crossed.

Description: like the Peahats in twilight princess, Dekuhats are mobile hookshot targets. They are indestructible and use leave as helicopter blades to hover. They will either stay in one place, or have a predetermined route, like those floating bombs in Minish cap.

Hitting one with the hookshot pulls Link to them and he automatically hangs from the bottom, pressing the action button with cause him to drop to whatever is below him. While hanging, he will move with the Dekuhat, and can use the hookshot again to hit another target and be pulled away.

Came up with this mainly so Link can get from treetop to treetop without us needing to place hookshot posts sticking out of the canopy, this seems more elegant a solution.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
Re: [Submission] Dekuhats
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 07:45:57 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
I might be able to whip up some basic sprites for this sometime this week. I'll get back to you.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 07:54:18 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Name: Dekuhats

Location: Kokori forest, Deku swamp, anywhere with plants that has gaps to be crossed.

Description: like the Peahats in twilight princess, Dekuhats are mobile hookshot targets. They are indestructible and use leave as helicopter blades to hover. They will either stay in one place, or have a predetermined route, like those floating bombs in Minish cap.

Hitting one with the hookshot pulls Link to them and he automatically hangs from the bottom, pressing the action button with cause him to drop to whatever is below him. While hanging, he will move with the Dekuhat, and can use the hookshot again to hit another target and be pulled away.

Came up with this mainly so Link can get from treetop to treetop without us needing to place hookshot posts sticking out of the canopy, this seems more elegant a solution.

I likelike it! It's adorable! I want one!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 10:03:12 pm by Spritonic »

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 05:16:21 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
These may be a bit on the small side, but how is it for a start?

I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 06:22:14 pm »
  • Just call me Brad

Awesome! if you are strugglin with size, try looking at the MC peahats

EDIT: I think for the link hanging from the dekuhat animation we should use the one where he is using Ezlo as a parachute. we just have to change the head to him having the cap, but that´s simple!

What do you think? I think the dekuhat is a little small but that is fixable!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 06:46:25 pm by Spritonic »

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 06:51:13 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
if you are strugglin with size, try looking at the MC peahats
The "propellers" are from the MC peahats. They might need to be larger in order to keep with the body's proportions... which also needs to be larger. I'll experiment with the design and will post whatever I come up with.

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 08:29:44 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
if you are strugglin with size, try looking at the MC peahats
The "propellers" are from the MC peahats. They might need to be larger in order to keep with the body's proportions... which also needs to be larger. I'll experiment with the design and will post whatever I come up with.

Yeah, I compared the propellers and realized before you said! haha.
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 04:31:49 am »
  • It's just Max.

Those are so freaking cute. I love them. Bigger would probably be better, yeah. Would make them a bit easier to hit with the hookshot, too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 53 queries.