Projects > Zelda Projects

[FINISHED] Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead [2016 UPDATE]

<< < (2/3) > >>

Zaeranos:
Congrats on finishing the game. I have downloaded it, but must admit I am rather stuck. So far I have found 4 Magic Pearls and traveled to your last screenshot, where it seems I need to push the blocks out of the way. However Link cannot push things. I have talked to the people a couple of times now and noticed that some require you to subsequently speak with.

Could you post what the controls are? So far I have discovered that:
Z - Using the Sword
X - Sounding the buzzer (probably because no item is assigned)
SPACE - Reading some of the signs (not all), talking to people and watering plants.
P - Pausing the game
I like hard games. But I also like to know how to control hard games.

imfletcher:
Actually, you got most of it.

P-Pause (pearls are displayed in the corner)
Z-Sword
X-Use item. I wasn't very good at coding, so the game uses a Four Swords style system where you only have one item at once.
Space-Talk/interact. This will work on all signs and people, but I know some require you to stand in just the right spot. Haha, again, I made this when I was a teenager. :p

I'd also like to offer the suggestion to save whenever you can. I have encountered some situations where I put too many enemies too close to walls and Link can get stuck sometimes. That's the main glitch to look out for.

Zaeranos:

--- Quote from: imfletcher on January 19, 2012, 11:47:40 pm ---X-Use item. I wasn't very good at coding, so the game uses a Four Swords style system where you only have one item at once.

--- End quote ---
Aha, that is some usefull information. Because I was already looking for the item inventory. So this means I need to figure out where I can get bombs. And I assume you also need some item in order to push blocks. I'll try some more later on. The game seems interesting.

Nabeshin:
Impossible! No one finishes Zelda fangames!

Looking forward to trying this tonight.

imfletcher:
Hey guys, I know this topic is old, but I made some updates to the game so I figure it's worth a bump.

http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html

That site has some background information and the new download link.

For anyone already familiar with the game, it was finished a long time ago... 2007 I think. Anyway, I was bored one day and decided to make some tweaks.

The game now plays in full screen, the "extra pearl" has been removed (now there are 100 to find as intended, instead of 101), certain areas have been simplified (less enemies mainly), and I've greatly reduced the number of hits the later bosses take.

The game still has glitches, but it's a much smoother experience than it was before. This is probably the last update... unless I think of something to fix another 8 years from now. :p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version