Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Offering Credit as Payment  (Read 2294 times)

Offering Credit as Payment
« on: January 25, 2007, 04:57:53 am »
!@#$% dammit, if I see "I WILLWW GIVE CERDIT!!" again in a programming topic, I will cut myself with a blunt knife. Ok? You don't offer credit as a compensation for someone doing the work for you becuase you are too lazy, you offer credit because you are using someone else's code that you didn't write. Either you shut up or you give credit automatically, you don't offer credit to entice someone helping you. If you are stupid enough to do this, you might as well not be asking programming questions anyway.

In before the lock...

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
Re: Offering Credit as Payment
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 12:27:57 pm »
  • hungry..
O.o riiiiigght...

I agree, nonetheless, but erm. Was this really worth a topic? >_>
  • My Blog

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 12:50:46 pm »
I agree couldn't he just posted it into problems or PM someone?
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 01:04:12 pm »
I agree, nonetheless, but erm. Was this really worth a topic? >_>
Why not? He's just expressing his opinion.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 01:13:28 pm »
  • hungry..
True, it just seemed like a bit of a random rant :P, which for once, was actually kind of "on topic" =D
  • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 01:17:32 pm »
  • Minalien
!@#$% dammit, if I see "I WILLWW GIVE CERDIT!!" again in a programming topic, I will cut myself with a blunt knife. Ok? You don't offer credit as a compensation for someone doing the work for you becuase you are too lazy, you offer credit because you are using someone else's code that you didn't write. Either you shut up or you give credit automatically, you don't offer credit to entice someone helping you. If you are stupid enough to do this, you might as well not be asking programming questions anyway.

In before the lock...
I agree with you, it shouldn't be offerred as payment, credit should be EXPECTED if you're using somebody else's code :/

Find something else to give them tribute, find code yourself, or pray that they'll be kind enough to just give it to you.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 05:11:54 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
yea your right, but most people here probably aren't going to be asking for me...most of us here use game maker after all.  Now if you want to rant about it regarding C++, then by all means go ahead =)

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 08:57:46 pm »
It's just an opinion topic. People can agree or disagree. I just wanted to say "don't do it" basically.

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 09:00:52 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
I don't think they are offering the credit as payment, but rather assuring the programmer that they will get credit for letting them use thier programming skills.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 11:05:10 pm »
I disagree. Assuring the programmer would be saying "Don't worry, I'm going to give credit to whoever solves this for me." It's different than "I HAV EPROBLEM! WILL GIVE CREDIT TO WHOEVER SOLVES"

Regardless, there should be no need to reassure. I just find it horribly annoying.
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 11:08:51 pm »
You should always give credit unless the person doesn't want credit for his or her work.
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 12:19:45 am »
You should always give credit unless the person doesn't want credit for his or her work.
unless they are rips, since they didn't made the tiles/sprites they should credit the actual creator, <.<>-< atleast thats my point of view, I have never done it though <.<

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 04:08:58 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
I disagree. Assuring the programmer would be saying "Don't worry, I'm going to give credit to whoever solves this for me." It's different than "I HAV EPROBLEM! WILL GIVE CREDIT TO WHOEVER SOLVES"

Regardless, there should be no need to reassure. I just find it horribly annoying.

I just think you are looking to much into it, but it is more likely a pet peve thing than an actual problem.  I agree that credit should be given automaticly no matter what, but I don't agree that it is annoying for someone to mention in their post that they will give credit. This is a way for people to know if they want to work with the individual at all.  I personally don't find it annoying that someone mentions the fact that they will give you credit for helping them. I am sorry you do, but it just seems more of one of those things were it depends how far you read into the words someone says.  In this day and time unfortunately it is more likely for someone to take someone else's work and not give them credit because it is the "easier way". Sorry, but that is how the world is. The best thing to do when "annoyed" by something like this is look it from thier point of view. They think well if I just ask coders for code will they give it to me, or do I need to assure credit will be given? Then they use thier judgement, and it is exactly that thier judgement, and if you don't like it you are entitled to that, but I don't think it is worthy of a topic like this.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 04:16:01 pm »
  • .越//
i didnt read all, i only say: give credit to those, who deserve credit ( or else !@#$% off freak )

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2007, 09:41:54 am »
Well, a lot of people help others just out of the kindness of their hearts. I don't think credit is necessary, but I'd strongly recommend giving credit anyway, unless the person has helped you with a very minor issue.

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007, 08:32:24 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
Well, a lot of people help others just out of the kindness of their hearts. I don't think credit is necessary, but I'd strongly recommend giving credit anyway, unless the person has helped you with a very minor issue.

That is where the one giving the help would say No Credit Needed.

(Although even if they say that I usually credit them anyways.)

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 69 queries.