Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to use an online test to determine IQ  (Read 3558 times)

How to use an online test to determine IQ
« on: December 11, 2008, 04:36:28 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Tell someone to look up an online IQ test, and have them take it. They will surely return to you with a huge score. If they are bragging about it, surely their IQ is below average, and if they printed out a sheet saying they are a genius, they are retarded.
Seriously, !@#$% all of these shitty online IQ tests. I'm so sick of stupid people posting their "IQ" on their signatures/myspaces etc, not realizing how stupid they were to believe the !@#$%. I find that the overwhelming majority of those tests are made by novices who just end up telling you what you want to hear anyway. They make poor questions, and give poor results.
Not only are the online brand of IQ tests of extremely low quality, but IQ test in general are tremendously flawed. There are countless aspects of human mental function that you simply can not even begin to identify through test results. The idea of quantifying intelligence has also always escaped me.
I've always been stubbornly against taking IQ tests. The only one I took was at age 8, and whatever it was, it got me into the gifted education program. I did a few pages of an online IQ test, and I quit halfway through after having determined that it was flawed. I just took a few online recently, though, just to give it a shot. The predictable happened, and every result was something outrageously high, like in the 160-190 range.
I declare that we find the creators of such tests and impale them in public.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
Re: How to use an online test to determine IQ
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 04:50:27 am »
Oh, there's a reason they're like that. Most of them sell you !@#$% afterwards.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 05:06:56 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
I used to take IQ tests and take them seriously, until I turned oh I don't know, 12? IQ tests are, I agree, very dumb and are a waste of time. I was just thinking about this the other day when my friend was stating how she got a really low score and she continued to say that she's dumb and whatnot. I proceeded to tell her that she's NOT dumb and that taking such a test doesn't really measure your intelligence...

I find a lot of the tests are pattern based or just dumb logic questions. I hate IQ tests.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 10:29:11 pm »
I figured out they we're fake when I took one and got a high score

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 03:41:10 pm »
  • :3
Tell someone to look up an online IQ test, and have them take it. They will surely return to you with a huge score. If they are bragging about it, surely their IQ is below average, and if they printed out a sheet saying they are a genius, they are retarded.
Seriously, !@#$% all of these shitty online IQ tests. I'm so sick of stupid people posting their "IQ" on their signatures/myspaces etc, not realizing how stupid they were to believe the !@#$%. I find that the overwhelming majority of those tests are made by novices who just end up telling you what you want to hear anyway. They make poor questions, and give poor results.
Not only are the online brand of IQ tests of extremely low quality, but IQ test in general are tremendously flawed. There are countless aspects of human mental function that you simply can not even begin to identify through test results. The idea of quantifying intelligence has also always escaped me.
I've always been stubbornly against taking IQ tests. The only one I took was at age 8, and whatever it was, it got me into the gifted education program. I did a few pages of an online IQ test, and I quit halfway through after having determined that it was flawed. I just took a few online recently, though, just to give it a shot. The predictable happened, and every result was something outrageously high, like in the 160-190 range.
I declare that we find the creators of such tests and impale them in public.
I know, right? I took one on Myspace years back for shits and giggles, and got a score of 142.

The Tickle test says I'm between 118 and 127 on average. That's the only one I think is moderately reliable, although I don't use it anymore since it's just the same questions constantly.
Gannon-banned brother.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 49 queries.

anything