Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Come, be a critic, insult these image for the better  (Read 3164 times)

Come, be a critic, insult these image for the be...
« on: March 08, 2010, 05:55:21 am »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?
Today we have culprit number one. This culprit was originally a OoX style Termina Clock. The culprit's trainer is making a MC game and did not know how to turn a OoX Sprite into MC without making it turning out bad. It is up to you, the jury, to redo this culprit's appearance or helpfully judge it to hopefully one day turn this culprit to an honest to goodness citizen. Are you Up to the challenge? :huh: P.S.: If you redo this image, please do not use the ones that already exists on this site. And, give Sprite Collector credit for the first image. The first one, well, is this before I changed it. The other I'm using for the actual clock, this is just for the time of day HUD. Also, can somebody help me make the First/Second/Final day indicator for days 4 -9 too? Just ignore the Roman numbers, those are just placeholders. I am also terrible with perspective, so...

The second and third culprits are the only royalty to ever be tried here. The twins: Zelda and Sen. Both of which possible main characters pending on your gender. (Do not use them!) Sen is based off a red form of link with a circlet on his head and with brown hair. He has a black birthmark on his right cheek shaped like a upside down triangle. Zelda on the other hand, (based off young Zelda from Ocarina of Time) is the twelfth one in her family to be named that. She is Sen's twin sister. (About 15 minutes younger.) She has brown hair a white dress with an elegant pink apron on. Her apron features an image of a Force Gem on a pedestal. She often plays the harp, as Sen plays the Deku Pipes. Both of which candidates for the next ambassador of hyrule while they look for a new Representative. (Vasu from OoX is the only ambassador who retired.) Are you ready to question their status of royalty?

This culprit is actually a place. Vasu's Wife's shop. These items were seen at scene of the crime: A tree, a poisonous cherry, a slingshot, a Poe Clock, a Bottle, a Pig Mask, a Frog Mask, a snake selling blue potion, and a snake selling red potion. Now... The real crime was... The prices!!! Now, let the jury come to a verdict!

The last crime is the ugly truth about "???". Not much to say about this....

Update!!!
The link for the game I am working on is as following: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=36068.0.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 04:35:11 am by Random »
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>
Re: Come, be a critic, insult my image for the b...
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 09:12:44 am »
Seriously, it seems as if you want it for some kind of game. Yet you give nothing about the game. No one is going to make anything for you, unless they are going to participate in your project.

What do you want it for. Is the clock for a HUD (then it is just way to busy and distracting) or do you want to put it on a building (then it completely lacks shading)?

What happend to their right eyes. Are they wearing eye patches. For starters, they lack any kind of shading. Second Zelda is really dull and it hurts my eyes to look at her any longer than I could kill an octorok. To much of the same shade of pink. Basing it on young Zelda of OOT is not a good thing to do. I think you can better stick to MC Zelda or FSA Zelda. Because that one really hurts my eyes.

The prices!!! Now, let the jury come to a verdict!

No fuggin clue. It all depends on the game, that you have shown nothing about. When you want to buy the items in the game, what size of the wallet you can expect at the moment of buying, and how easy it is to get the required amount of ruppees.

The last crime is the ugly truth about "???". Not much to say about this....

Really, what do you want with that guy? Is that some kind of boss in a dungeon and when you have hit him too often, a swarm of cucco's come to utterly kill you. Or is it the toilet guy from MM. It is way to big for a cucco. Not to mention green. To big as a human sized character and to small for a dungeon boss. Shading might be right, except that it has a number of hard edges around the cucco.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:02:15 am by Niek »
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 10:59:16 pm »
I think the zelda is good though you could add some light grey to the white areas and the red guy is WWAAAYY to bright
and whats with the shop? The clock shouldn't be a hud cause it takes too much room on the screen but the day notifiers are perfect! BUt the clock you can make a clock tower from MM with.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 11:08:30 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I agree with the above posters.

Biggest thing is- You can't just expect everyone to know what it is you're doing. You need to specify the context before anyone can be a critic.

If you want criticism, it'd be "you've told us nothing about what you're working on, so we can't give you what you want in return. Until then, it's all meaningless".

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but seriously :\.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 03:28:02 am »
Seriously, it seems as if you want it for some kind of game. Yet you give nothing about the game. No one is going to make anything for you, unless they are going to participate in your project.
Sorry, I have been on this forums before but I never actualy made an account and talked myself so I am kind of new to this. This is for a game known as Spirit Mythes: The Deku Prophet. I'll make a topic discribing it soon.
What do you want it for. Is the clock for a HUD (then it is just way to busy and distracting) or do you want to put it on a building (then it completely lacks shading)?
I already have a better clock for the actuall building. This is just for the HUD. No, I am going to shrink it later, but I just wanted to see if there is any way I can improve it.
What happend to their right eyes. Are they wearing eye patches. For starters, they lack any kind of shading. Second Zelda is really dull and it hurts my eyes to look at her any longer than I could kill an octorok. To much of the same shade of pink. Basing it on young Zelda of OOT is not a good thing to do. I think you can better stick to MC Zelda or FSA Zelda. Because that one really hurts my eyes.
No, Zelda's right eye is just covered by her hair and Sen's right eye is normal. (Sen just has a black birthmark on his cheek as mentioned above.)  ~ Panics and tryes to save the octork but fails. ~ I'll try to better distribute different colors of pink on her then. ;) To be honest, I never really cared for MC Zelda and FSA zelda is actualy their mother in the past so I am trying to come up with a new zelda for this project. This zelda is based off the MC Zelda but made to look simaler to the OoT Zelda (but with brown hair so it isn't like a identicle copy.) ~ Takes you to the eyedocter to get your eyes fixed then takes you to a psycologist to help you forget the image. XD ~

No fuggin clue. It all depends on the game, that you have shown nothing about. When you want to buy the items in the game, what size of the wallet you can expect at the moment of buying, and how easy it is to get the required amount of ruppees.
Well, I don't really want to spoil what all the items do but I can say that some of the items in their are sidequest related and that there is a secret way of entering the back side of the store to get the masks. You start out with a wallet that holds 300 rupees. (Go figure, they'r royalty.) Most of the things in thee are woth more than 500. The next wallet is 600 max. And the last wallet is capped amount of 999.

Really, what do you want with that guy? Is that some kind of boss in a dungeon and when you have hit him too often, a swarm of cucco's come to utterly kill you. Or is it the toilet guy from MM. It is way to big for a cucco. Not to mention green. To big as a human sized character and to small for a dungeon boss. Shading might be right, except that it has a number of hard edges around the cucco.
Actualy, this one I just up to see what come up. Yes it is the toilet guy from MM and OoA. Yes he is to big for a cucco. If you hit him to often, something weird happens, trust me. XD He isn't a dungeon boss, he is an oversized cucco NPC for one of the weirdest sidequests I have ever seen in a Zelda or Zelda fan game. (Except maybe stopping "Them" from MM.) I'll try to better perfect the cucco's shadings I guess. :P

I think the zelda is good though you could add some light grey to the white areas and the red guy is WWAAAYY to bright
and whats with the shop? The clock shouldn't be a hud cause it takes too much room on the screen but the day notifiers are perfect! BUt the clock you can make a clock tower from MM with.
I'll see what I can do with Zelda and Sen. The shop, if I say anything I'd be spoiling the storyline. The clock is going to be for the HUD, but as I said earlier in this post, it will be smaller. Thank you, I am trying to make notifiers for days 7 - 9 also, but it is hard comming up with something that seems to be identicle to the font they used for it in MM. I already got a better clock to use for the clock tower, however.

Biggest thing is- You can't just expect everyone to know what it is you're doing. You need to specify the context before anyone can be a critic.
As I said earlier in this post, I am working on making a post about it in concepts.
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 03:38:13 pm »
I already have a better clock for the actuall building. This is just for the HUD. No, I am going to shrink it later, but I just wanted to see if there is any way I can improve it.
I don't think this clock is any good for the HUD. It has a complete painting on its face. Even when it is sized down, it is to busy and distracting. HUD elements should look good and fitting, but they also be straight to the point without much fuss.

No, Zelda's right eye is just covered by her hair and Sen's right eye is normal. (Sen just has a black birthmark on his cheek as mentioned above.)
If her hair is hanging in front of her eye, her hair should be more visible. At the moment her hair is indiscernible. Nor is the color actually know, due to the cap on Zelda's head. With Sen, a birth mark on a cheek is to small a detail to properly show up in such a small sprite. All in all, it makes the face look disfigured instead of something else. But you also want to work on the shading.

Actualy, this one I just up to see what come up. Yes it is the toilet guy from MM and OoA. Yes he is to big for a cucco. If you hit him to often, something weird happens, trust me. XD He isn't a dungeon boss, he is an oversized cucco NPC for one of the weirdest sidequests I have ever seen in a Zelda or Zelda fan game. (Except maybe stopping "Them" from MM.) I'll try to better perfect the cucco's shadings I guess. :P
I think the Cucco is still a bit to big for a NPC and I miss the slim arm although I can see the hand.
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 04:13:33 am »
I'm curious as to why you've taken the clock sprites Zac and I created years ago for our GB Majors Mask project and claimed them as your own? Recoloring does not mean it's yours. Not cool man.
  • My Photostream
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 04:23:04 am »
I'm curious as to why you've taken the clock sprites Zac and I created years ago for our GB Majors Mask project and claimed them as your own? Recoloring does not mean it's yours. Not cool man.
Were does it say I took credit for it?
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 04:24:51 am »
  • ...---^^^---...

Come, be a critic, insult my image for the better

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 04:30:16 am »

Stating you're terrible with perspective when all you've done is recolored it leads me to believe you're trying to take credit for it.
  • My Photostream
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 04:38:32 am »
Come, be a critic, insult my image for the better
Changed it.
Stating you're terrible with perspective when all you've done is recolored it leads me to believe you're trying to take credit for it.
I'm not trying to take credit for it. I added that you deserve credit for it. I am not trying to start wars here. Btw, it was a little more than a recolor, although you still deserve full credit. This is our first and last try at making a OoX image into a MC image.
Re: Come, be a critic, insult these image for th...
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 04:42:55 am »
You should always give credit for what you use (if you don't know where the image you got came from, you should at least indicate that it isn't your own) and that Vasu shop stuff was also done by Yue or dotyue who goes here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_edited/zelda/sheet/17457
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 04:50:07 am »
if you don't know where the image you got came from, you should at least indicate that it isn't your own
That was the thing I wasn't sure about, I tryed searchingbut couldn't find the creator (until Sprite Collecter said that he was the one who made it.)
and that Vasu shop stuff was also done by Yue or dotyue who goes here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_edited/zelda/sheet/17457
[/quote]
Yes, I already credited Yue in my game. (Oh, so thats why Yue seems so framilier.)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 05:00:42 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yeah but here's the issue-

You found those resources somewhere else. You posted them here to be critiqued as if they were your own (regardless of how you edited your starting post is irrelevant, that's what you started this thread as), and now you're coming back in and saying "oh yeah I meant they weren't mine." when you got caught.

This sort of stuff happens all of the time, and it's still not alright even after you try to cover up your tracks. It doesn't matter if you credited someone else in your game or not, you posted them here to be critiqued as your own work.

Even if you hadn't tried to claim them as your own, another major issue is that you contacted neither Yue or SC about editing their work. Sorry dude, but no matter how you look at it, you're in the wrong with this one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.306 seconds with 63 queries.